No Shave November (Off-Topic)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 08, 2013, 21:49 (3820 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, November 08, 2013, 21:57

Gentleman, post your wicked beards. Ladies, post uh, your legs? What do women do this month? Anyway don't give away too much of your money to cancer research: gotta save it for the next SDA marathon in January!

P.S. Give to research not awareness. Everybody is aware of cancer.

[image]

No Shave November

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, November 09, 2013, 07:08 (3820 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I refuse to post my pic. I haven't shaved since September and it's still half of what your beard is...

I LOLD

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 07:16 (3820 days ago) @ ZackDark

I refuse to post my pic. I haven't shaved since September and it's still half of what your beard is...

Not laughing at you, definitely laughing WITH you, because I'm in that same slow patchy boat right alongside you. :P

I can get a good goatee, which I've kept going for a few years now, but a full-face beard is pretty much out of the question. Although I don't know that I've let it go for a whole MONTH...might be interesting to see... ;)

DANG!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 08:23 (3820 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is after a week!?

well no way I can compete with that! lol

Perhaps I'll throw down a pic at the end of the month... if its decent... and my wife doesn't force me to shave!

DANG!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 15:26 (3819 days ago) @ breitzen

This is after a week!?

10 days. I started early because of laziness.

No Shave November

by Captain Spark @, Oregon, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 10:06 (3820 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Gentleman, post your wicked beards. Ladies, post uh, your legs? What do women do this month? Anyway don't give away too much of your money to cancer research: gotta save it for the next SDA marathon in January!

P.S. Give to research not awareness. Everybody is aware of cancer.

[image]

I've had a full beard from 1984 up to 2002. I went to a goatee in 2002 because my beard went all gray, now my beard is mostly white since about 2005.

No Shave November

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 11:47 (3820 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]I'm half assing it. Going for chops

No Shave November

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 16:27 (3819 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

Are beards warm or super itchy?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 21:17 (3819 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Quirel, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 21:28 (3819 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Itchy for the first week, and not much thereafter.

As for the warmth, I imagine it depends on how long you've been growing it and how hirsute the lower half of your face is. Personally, I've noticed that it REALLY helps out when there's a cold wind blowing.

Can they store food or shelter small animals?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 21:34 (3819 days ago) @ Quirel

- No text -

Can they store food or shelter small animals?

by Quirel, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 21:45 (3819 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Food:

I have to trim my beard back every three weeks, or it will steal food when I'm trying to eat. After five weeks, it starts whispering "Feeeeeeed meeee, Seeeymore."

Small animals: I imagine that it could if I let it grow that long. My pet kingsnake used to love running through my hair, but he grew tired of it before the facial hair started developing.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 23:15 (3819 days ago) @ Quirel

Itchy for the first week, and not much thereafter.

Since my wife does not allow me to have a beard, a week is usually as long as I can go without shaving, and that's only when I'm in the woods or out of the country. It's itchy and at first feels like rough sandpaper, then like a really stiff bristle brush. I've actually brushed her cheek with mine and taken skin off. I've never let it grow out enough to see if it softens up.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, November 10, 2013, 02:42 (3819 days ago) @ bluerunner

I've actually brushed her cheek with mine and taken skin off.

Bluerunner never fails to deliver.

Word of the day: “hirsute”

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 07:36 (3819 days ago) @ Quirel

Seriously, I had to look that one up… learned something new!

nope

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 22:00 (3819 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Every month for the past 23 years has been No Shave November for me

No Shave November

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 09:54 (3819 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Distinct lack of picture replies.
I always have a goatee, but normally fairly trim. Haven't shaved this month though:

[image]

If that's a duck face.. it was unintentional. Or at most instinctual.

No Shave November

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 10:45 (3819 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

You kinda look like the love child of Hugh Jackman, Richard Hammond, and Rupert Grint.

No Shave November

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 10:53 (3819 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Ladies and Gents, flattery will get you everywhere.

[image]

I like your style

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 11:01 (3819 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

[image]

Best I've got

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, December 01, 2013, 10:53 (3798 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

And that's almost 3 months old now (not even trim, obviously)...

Best I've got

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, December 01, 2013, 12:52 (3798 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

And that's almost 3 months old now (not even trim, obviously)...

You should grow up to be a mid-nineteenth century revolutionary poet.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread