Azarkant (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 21:51 (3814 days ago)

Sci fi short that pushes some familiar buttons. I thought it was well done.

http://vimeo.com/78514936

Azarkant

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 13:03 (3814 days ago) @ Kermit

Sci fi short that pushes some familiar buttons. I thought it was well done.

http://vimeo.com/78514936

Finally found a few minutes to watch this. Lots of parts bugged me, but it was pretty interesting. Not sure I followed...

(This seems more Halo-related than Destiny-related, though.)

Azarkant

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 13:06 (3814 days ago) @ Claude Errera

(This seems more Halo-related than Destiny-related, though.)

Yeah, later I thought I should have posted it on HBO.

Azarkant

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 13:15 (3814 days ago) @ Kermit

Helmet from Halo, spaceship from Prometheus.

Neat video though!

I had the same thought.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 13:33 (3814 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

Azarkant

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, November 11, 2013, 12:23 (3813 days ago) @ Kermit

Visually? Beautiful (for the most part).

I give it a C- for the storytelling. The plot was pretty derivative and the pacing was just... off. It felt like the story kept just missing the beat.

There were a lot of things that didn't work for me, but the giant robot did make me immediately think "Destiny!" So there's that. :)

Azarkant

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, November 28, 2013, 13:31 (3796 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

OK I watched it and...

Visually? Beautiful (for the most part).

I give it a C- for the storytelling. The plot was pretty derivative and the pacing was just... off. It felt like the story kept just missing the beat.

There were a lot of things that didn't work for me, but the giant robot did make me immediately think "Destiny!" So there's that. :)

I totally agree with this actually

Gesundheit

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, November 28, 2013, 09:59 (3796 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread