Destiny: Season of the Chosen Trailer (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 07:18 (1178 days ago)
edited by Korny, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 07:48

The return of Open World Horde Public Events (called Battlegrounds) and Cabal as an enemy are the highlights the next season's content (packaged alongside the long-promised Cosmodrome strikes, but not really part of the season's story).

We also get a new likely-Hive strike(?) that looks to take place on a Derelict Cabal ship, and one on a Siege Tank on Nessus (which will launch on March 23rd for Season Pass Holders, and March 30th for everyone else):

PS. Is that a Solar Trinity Ghoul?

Destiny: Season of the Chosen Trailer

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 07:30 (1178 days ago) @ Korny

Looks pretty cool. Looking forward to the rocket launcher buff.

I admire your lack of snark, Korny.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 08:23 (1178 days ago) @ Korny

How dumb are these Cabal leaders? One after another, we destroy them, yet they insist on trying to dominate us. They offer an alliance to defeat a common foe, but because Zavala won't bow, they continue to wage against us? Bunch of ding dongs. Just like Creepy Creedy in V for Vendetta.

Cabal Guy - "All you’ve got is your [light] and fancy [space magic] gimmicks, we’ve got guns”

Zavala - “No, what you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I’m no longer standing because if I am... you’ll all be dead before you’ve reloaded.”

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 08:32 (1178 days ago) @ Korny

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfTheChosen

Empress Caiatl: Let's have an alliance...

Zavala: K.

Empress Caiatl:
[image]
Zavala:
[image]

S13 Calendar

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 09:00 (1178 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Stasis grows its options & Guardian Games "returns" (as if the first one counted).

S13 Calendar

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 10:03 (1178 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So there's no Raid for this season?

S13 Calendar

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 10:30 (1178 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I wouldn’t expect a new raid until next fall expansion

S13 Calendar

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 10:36 (1178 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Raids are far less interesting than Dungeons/exotic missions/Master Hunts now, even on a segmented level. And you can solo them too, so no more hearing "sorry guys, my 10th kid just woke up, I'll be back in 40 minutes".

S13 Calendar

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 10:41 (1178 days ago) @ Korny

Raids are far less interesting than Dungeons/exotic missions/Master Hunts now, even on a segmented level. And you can solo them too, so no more hearing "sorry guys, my 10th kid just woke up, I'll be back in 40 minutes".

You’re just jealous of those of us who are playing the long game... another few years and I’ll have my own fireteam ready to go at all times ;p

S13 Calendar

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 12:30 (1178 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You’re just jealous of those of us who are playing the long game... another few years and I’ll have my own fireteam ready to go at all times ;p

I’m picturing the scene from King of Kong where Steve Weibe sets the high score record in his garage, and on the tape you can hear his kid yelling “Daaaaaaad. I need help wiping my buuuuuuttttttttt!”.

Sorry son, I can’t wipe your butt till our fireteam wipes.

S13 Calendar

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 13:00 (1178 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I’m picturing the scene from King of Kong where Steve Weibe sets the high score record in his garage, and on the tape you can hear his kid yelling “Daaaaaaad. I need help wiping my buuuuuuttttttttt!”.

Sorry son, I can’t wipe your butt till our fireteam wipes.

A good leader knows how to motivate their team ;)

Disagree

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 14:13 (1177 days ago) @ Korny

I didn't expect a "new" raid, but how's that Vault of Glass remake going? Kinda expected that to show up this season.

Disagree

by FyreWulff, Wednesday, February 03, 2021, 10:52 (1177 days ago) @ Vortech

I didn't expect a "new" raid, but how's that Vault of Glass remake going? Kinda expected that to show up this season.

I think they only ever said 2021. For what it's worth, this September would be Vault of Glass's 7th anniversary. They may intentionally time it to that.

S13 Calendar

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 14:34 (1177 days ago) @ Korny

The breadth of difficult content is pretty solid nowadays. It's one of the best parts of destiny at the moment.

S13 Calendar

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 15:08 (1177 days ago) @ kidtsunami

If they would make it so I don’t have repeat the same old content for 60 hours every season before I’m allowed to do the fun, difficult content, it would be the best game on the market.

S13 Calendar

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 15:50 (1177 days ago) @ cheapLEY

If they would make it so I don’t have repeat the same old content for 60 hours every season before I’m allowed to do the fun, difficult content, it would be the best game on the market.

They've had just over six years to change that… and they haven't. Soooooooooo…

Taken King and Vanilla Des2ny were pretty close though.

S13 Calendar

by squidnh3, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 18:24 (1177 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's not how I recall it. Didn't Taken King have the annoying 80% infusion rule? I thought leveling up for the raid this expansion was pretty straightforward.

S13 Calendar

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 19:26 (1177 days ago) @ squidnh3

That's not how I recall it. Didn't Taken King have the annoying 80% infusion rule? I thought leveling up for the raid this expansion was pretty straightforward.

Yeah it wasn't perfect. Rise of Iron was 100% right? But in Taken King you could do the raid and be the right light level after doing the campaign, and all the post campaign missions with out any grind.

S13 Calendar

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 20:02 (1177 days ago) @ squidnh3

This expansion was fantastic. Leveling up for the raid felt nearly perfect to me. I still had quests left that I hadn’t started when we started the raid, and I was over leveled for the raid start. It was legitimately great. It was the best leveling experience to a raid in all of Destiny, I think. Others could have been as good (especially Forsaken), but the extended time until the raid open really cemented this expansion as the best in that regard for me.

That’s massively different than how the seasons with no expansion have felt, though. Can you imagine having nothing new except Wrathborn Hunts? I wouldn’t have played for a full week, much less a season.

Good Trailer

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 09:04 (1178 days ago) @ Korny

Content Calendar looks good too. I'm wary of Guardian Games after last year, but I'll hold judgment till I hear what changes they're making.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread