History of Bungie: Chicago, Seattle, ... Amsterdam? (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, February 18, 2021, 08:58 (1160 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50109

Not so small anymore.

There is also chatter of this on reddit, but in this case referencing this gamesindustry.biz article, and this tweet below.

History of Bungie: Chicago, Seattle, ... Amsterdam?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 18, 2021, 09:11 (1160 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, February 18, 2021, 09:18

This will be a first for Bungie, successfully running multiple game teams at once. They barely made it with Oni, and ever since haven’t really been able to manage two games at a time. Hopefully this expansion will allow them to manage this.

Call me crazy, but I think a hypothetical Destiny TV show could be great. There’s such a rich world and potentially interesting characters that have been long held back by the nature of the game.

Also Jason Jones as “Chief Vision Officer”? Lol what kind of title is that. I looked it up and apparently it’s to denote someone higher than CEO.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, February 18, 2021, 09:13 (1160 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50109

Not so small anymore.

There is also chatter of this on reddit, but in this case referencing this gamesindustry.biz article, and this tweet below.

He's looking forward to that "Netflix Show" but based on the credentials of the person they mentioned, it will be a Paramount Network show :P

Which is super awesome if this happens but damn...I really don't want to have to subscribe to another service for one series.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 18, 2021, 09:15 (1160 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, February 18, 2021, 09:24

He's looking forward to that "Netflix Show" but based on the credentials of the person they mentioned, it will be a Paramount Network show :P

Which is super awesome if this happens but damn...I really don't want to have to subscribe to another service for one series.

Still waiting for that Halo show yo. It’s been how long?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 18, 2021, 09:48 (1160 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

While I don’t subscribe to reddit’s opinion of Luke Smith (namely him being responsible for every bad decision in Destiny), it could be interesting to see how the game might change under different leadership. It might not change at all, who knows, but it’ll be interesting to see.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 18, 2021, 10:07 (1160 days ago) @ cheapLEY

While I don’t subscribe to reddit’s opinion of Luke Smith (namely him being responsible for every bad decision in Destiny), it could be interesting to see how the game might change under different leadership. It might not change at all, who knows, but it’ll be interesting to see.

Bungie has announced the addition of two new members to its Board of Directors: Trace Harris, a finance and strategy executive, and Pamela Kaufman, President of Global Consumer Products for ViacomCBS. Harris and Kaufman bring years of expertise in multi-media IP expansion alongside their acumen in business operations scaling and join NetEase's Simon Zhu as external members to Bungie's Board.

Damn. I missed the part where Netease now has influence on Bungie's board.

Can They Fix The Ammo First, Please? XD

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, February 19, 2021, 17:56 (1159 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

._. I don't get this reference. Ammo?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, February 21, 2021, 21:20 (1157 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, February 22, 2021, 19:05 (1156 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Famine doesn't even begin to cover the issue here; it's a drought. Ammo is practically non-existent in strikes. Even with finders and scavengers, NOTHING pops up. It was even worse back in the day! One time I was doing a Leviathan raid, and I ran out of heavy ammo shooting at Calus. My Special gun was for the skulls in the void room, not much that could be done with it. It took all four platforms and a lot of luck, but we managed to make it. We jump to his robot body to celebrate, and on my screen—what pops out of him? A heavy ammo box, like it was an engram or something, it literally jumped out of his head. I was livid!

Nowadays, we have raid banners(thank god!) but in strikes it's still a massive problem when on Heavyweight days, where we're supposed to get more heavy boxes and more ammo IN those boxes, that we aren't even getting primary ammo!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 11:10 (1155 days ago) @ Morpheus

Famine doesn't even begin to cover the issue here; it's a drought. Ammo is practically non-existent in strikes. Even with finders and scavengers, NOTHING pops up. It was even worse back in the day! One time I was doing a Leviathan raid, and I ran out of heavy ammo shooting at Calus. My Special gun was for the skulls in the void room, not much that could be done with it. It took all four platforms and a lot of luck, but we managed to make it. We jump to his robot body to celebrate, and on my screen—what pops out of him? A heavy ammo box, like it was an engram or something, it literally jumped out of his head. I was livid!

Nowadays, we have raid banners(thank god!) but in strikes it's still a massive problem when on Heavyweight days, where we're supposed to get more heavy boxes and more ammo IN those boxes, that we aren't even getting primary ammo!

I'm surprised by this. Yesterday, I ran two new people through the Prophecy dungeon, and I was sort of flabbergasted by how little ammo was dropping. At at lull in the action, I looked at my armor, and I was spec'd for machine guns, but running a grenade launcher. Oops!

Switched to my GL helmet and boots (two scavengers, two finders), and purple ammo fell like rain, as it usually does.

The mods definitely work for me, in a truly noticeable way. I'm surprised that you are not seeing this.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 11:17 (1155 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was going to say the same thing.

I frequently run Truthteller and Anarchy, so that one set of mods covers two slots. I rarely ever even have to switch away from my Truthteller, as ammo drops so frequently with the mods that I rarely run out. And during Prophecy, I basically always get at least some Heavy between DPS phases.

Ammo finder mods work so well that I took to running a shotgun and a special grenade launcher for a while last season (with a Special Finisher mod just in case).

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 16:49 (1155 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Dungeons aren't too bad since there's usually a ton of enemies and of course the banners, but in strikes I've run dry a noticeable amount. Sometimes I do get some heavy or special and it's rare enough for me to get excited, but in most cases, I run down until I'm firing with a primary. On one or two Heavyweight strikes, I've even somehow managed a triple zero, and a pity refill. (at least then, they refill everything)

In places like Sorrow's Harbor though, I'm tripping over purples like Lego blocks. I don't know what it is about the Heavyweight modifier, but it seems to do the complete opposite whenever it's on.

By the Way, I Found It.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 16:44 (1134 days ago) @ Morpheus

Wasn't even looking for it,just cleaning out my hard drive.

Looking at the clip again, I noticed I got some Umbral materials, so this might have been even with banners.

https://imgur.com/a/R50W88y

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread