THIS Certainly DID NOT Cheer Me Up. (Off-Topic)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 22, 2021, 08:55 (1150 days ago)

:(

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:16 (1150 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

THIS Certainly DID NOT Cheer Me Up.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:29 (1150 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Hasn’t it been like nearly a decade since they’ve done anything anyway?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:35 (1150 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Not quite 8, but in Daft Punk time that meant they were only a few years late putting out a new studio album.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 22, 2021, 10:02 (1150 days ago) @ cheapLEY

While it has been a while since their last album (Random Access Memories), they have been doing some work with The Weeknd (guy who you saw at the Super Bowl this year), but short of that they have kept their robotic heads down.

Regardless, considering their musical impact upon their respective genre, this announcement is rather sad to see.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, February 22, 2021, 10:23 (1150 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely a bummer. I wish it hadn’t happened, even if they never make anything again. I want to live in a world where there is hope for a new Daft Punk album, even if it’s only a false hope.

+1

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 22, 2021, 11:16 (1150 days ago) @ cheapLEY

They are one of the bands I've tried and tried to see but have never been able to.

What a run

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, February 22, 2021, 10:22 (1150 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 22, 2021, 10:45 (1150 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I was cheered up after watching the video by googling them; I was afraid one of them had died. No more Daft Punk music is sad, but losing one of them to, say, covid would have been heartbreaking.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 22, 2021, 16:15 (1150 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was cheered up after watching the video by googling them; I was afraid one of them had died. No more Daft Punk music is sad, but losing one of them to, say, covid would have been heartbreaking.

I had a similar reaction. I'll miss them, but they're not dead. And like Cruel intoned, never say never. Cool video regardless.

What about the TRON 3 soundtrack?!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 22, 2021, 11:18 (1150 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 22, 2021, 14:13 (1150 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I remember watching Tron Legacy in the theater with my father. In the middle of the movie he turns to me and asks:

Why did they just cut to those random guys with helmets on? Did I miss something?

I explained that those two did the sountrack and it was a cameo.

Oh. That's dumb.

I Noticed That This Morning!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, February 22, 2021, 14:23 (1150 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Really unfortunate. I know I'm setting myself up for torches and pitchforks,but I never really went out of my way to listen to their music...but even I know the massive impact they had on Electronica, music in general, and the trend of performers anonymizing themselves. :-)

It's a sad moment, but man so much was pioneered because of them. Love and respect.

My dad saw Bob Dylan’s “Last Tour Ever”...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 22, 2021, 14:41 (1150 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

... back in like 1972.

Always good to take these things with a grain of salt ;)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 22, 2021, 15:46 (1150 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

... back in like 1972.

Why don't they just Dread Pirate Roberts this thing and put two different people in the helmets and keep the name alive?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 04:17 (1150 days ago) @ Cody Miller

... back in like 1972.

Why don't they just Dread Pirate Roberts this thing and put two different people in the helmets and keep the name alive?

I literally just had that EXACT thought... same reference and everything LOL

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 14:04 (1149 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

... back in like 1972.

I literally just had that EXACT thought... same reference and everything LOL

Maybe they should be the Dread Pirate ROBOTS instead…

You can only pick one album, which is it?

by cheapLEY @, Monday, February 22, 2021, 17:18 (1150 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

And why is it Discovery?

The Grid... ...I got in. Da DAaa! Da DA daaaa. Da da Daaaaa.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 22, 2021, 19:18 (1150 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Alive :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 04:17 (1150 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Thriller obviously

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:24 (1149 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Or Weird Al's Off the Deep End.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread