Router recommendations (Off-Topic)

by Oholiab @, Saturday, February 27, 2021, 21:13 (1147 days ago)

Looking for router recommendations. My AirPort Extreme is several years old and seems to be on its way out.

We obviously have a lot of wireless devices, but both TVs and both XBONEs are hardwired. That said, three of those run through a switch so I don't need more than 3 ports.

Budget... I want bang for the buck, but would like to stay under $200 if possible.

Thanks!

Router recommendations

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, February 28, 2021, 11:46 (1147 days ago) @ Oholiab

Looking for router recommendations. My AirPort Extreme is several years old and seems to be on its way out.

We obviously have a lot of wireless devices, but both TVs and both XBONEs are hardwired. That said, three of those run through a switch so I don't need more than 3 ports.

Budget... I want bang for the buck, but would like to stay under $200 if possible.

Thanks!

Before I switched to a mesh network, I was pretty happy with this:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/linksys-ac1200-dual-band-wifi-5-router-black/5124122.p

$70 seems to be in your budget. :)

Looks like it also makes PCMag's Best Budget Routers 2021:

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-budget-routers

(If you aren't happy with it, there are a few other good ones there)

Something I don't get about that router

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, February 28, 2021, 12:25 (1147 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It mentions 1200 Mbps wifi, but its ports only rate 10/100. How does that work?

Something I don't get about that router

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, February 28, 2021, 12:27 (1147 days ago) @ ZackDark

It mentions 1200 Mbps wifi, but its ports only rate 10/100. How does that work?

That's just Best Buy being stupid. Look under the 'From the Manufacturer' section. It lists 4 Gigabit ports.

Gotcha. Silly stores mislisting products they WANT to sell

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, February 28, 2021, 12:55 (1147 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Thank you!

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, March 02, 2021, 07:03 (1145 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread