12 Man DBO Raid (Fireteam Builder Events)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 05, 2021, 09:29 (1119 days ago)

It was announced in the TWAB that Bungie is "planning on fixing this before Grandmaster Nightfall's begin on March 16". That's the rest of this week till reset, and next week until reset. I would like to do this at least once before this 12 man bug is gone.

Presuming y'all haven't made a "private" event, its surprising to see that there has been so little chatter here about this. I would like to have a Full Clan Raid, if possible. As we all may be aware, often the hardest thing about Raids, is not the raid but the time slot. It's hard enough to get a sixth, but a twelfth? oh my.

Since this would require a whole lot of syncing watches, I've made this thread to assist. For the moment, I have the fireteam builder event set at a very hopeful tomorrow that would be a 9:30 Eastern / 6:30 Pacific. Sorry International DBOs!

So, what y'all think? Can we pull this off?

I'm In! Let's do this!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, March 05, 2021, 10:51 (1119 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I'm interested

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 06, 2021, 10:26 (1118 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

...uh...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 06, 2021, 10:51 (1118 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Hey! PSST! Down here! (Stealthy.)

Apologies for the size of that visual representation in my reaction seeing the, honestly, rather barren state of the event at the moment. It's just... y'all not helpen, and it boggles me that I even need to write out what I'm about to write. Maybe I shouldn't, as in my recollection, y'all can be like a herd of cats. Didn't use to be that way (like 9-Clan Escalation Protocol).

TL;DR: The silence is just too much.

Our clan is at max (or close to max) 100 folks plus the potential back up clan afforded to us from Chappy. Whatever your schedule, by simple odds we should be able to pull of a 12 man. This should not be hard to figure out if this can be pulled off.

Y'all like helping others - Right? RIGHT!? (I mean don't get me wrong, would answer a few things.) So then, of course when you see a fellow DBO clan member trying to make an event that calls for a large number of folks to get together, you're going to jump into their post and say helpful things that assist in planning like;

• I'm not going to be able to do this in the next two weeks, I'm out. (Or if you just don't want to, please say so)
  • Stating Time recommendations (Can you do the time I have alotted?)
  • Stating Day recommendations ("I can't do Saturday, but I can do Wednesday!")

But wait! There is a problem... oh no. It's INSANEdrive. If I post, he might bite me! AND YOU'RE RIGHT! I might! Bah-HAHAHAHAHAH! Honestly some of you are a bit over due for a good nibble, but that's another topic for another day, let me ease your concern. Unfortunately, I'm all out of fava beans, so y'all are in the clear... for now. See? Better.

In all seriousness though, please give me data so I can figure out if my soon-as-possable guess in date and time will work. Or even if there is an event to be had! Please. Please Please Please. I shouldn't have to make a post like this just about every time I do this, but apparently I have to. It's not like this is a single player event, I learned that lesson.

Thank you breitzen! That's the enthusiasm I'm look'n for!

Thank you Blazerunner1084!

Let me know Robot Chickens, as if you are in, the odds of us pulling off this 12 man goes up significantly.

Thank you Kermit!

...uh...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 06, 2021, 12:49 (1118 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Hey! PSST! Down here! (Stealthy.)

Apologies for the size of that visual representation in my reaction seeing the, honestly, rather barren state of the event at the moment. It's just... y'all not helpen, and it boggles me that I even need to write out what I'm about to write. Maybe I shouldn't, as in my recollection, y'all can be like a herd of cats. Didn't use to be that way (like 9-Clan Escalation Protocol).

TL;DR: The silence is just too much.

Our clan is at max (or close to max) 100 folks plus the potential back up clan afforded to us from Chappy. Whatever your schedule, by simple odds we should be able to pull of a 12 man. This should not be hard to figure out if this can be pulled off.

Y'all like helping others - Right? RIGHT!? (I mean don't get me wrong, would answer a few things.) So then, of course when you see a fellow DBO clan member trying to make an event that calls for a large number of folks to get together, you're going to jump into their post and say helpful things that assist in planning like;

• I'm not going to be able to do this in the next two weeks, I'm out. (Or if you just don't want to, please say so)
  • Stating Time recommendations (Can you do the time I have alotted?)
  • Stating Day recommendations ("I can't do Saturday, but I can do Wednesday!")

But wait! There is a problem... oh no. It's INSANEdrive. If I post, he might bite me! AND YOU'RE RIGHT! I might! Bah-HAHAHAHAHAH! Honestly some of you are a bit over due for a good nibble, but that's another topic for another day, let me ease your concern. Unfortunately, I'm all out of fava beans, so y'all are in the clear... for now. See? Better.

In all seriousness though, please give me data so I can figure out if my soon-as-possable guess in date and time will work. Or even if there is an event to be had! Please. Please Please Please. I shouldn't have to make a post like this just about every time I do this, but apparently I have to. It's not like this is a single player event, I learned that lesson.

Thank you breitzen! That's the enthusiasm I'm look'n for!

Thank you Blazerunner1084!

Let me know Robot Chickens, as if you are in, the odds of us pulling off this 12 man goes up significantly.

Thank you Kermit!

I don't know if that was originally the time, but that might be behind my tentativeness. I have to quit at midnight, which won't matter if we have a dozen. Would prefer at least a slightly earlier time.

An important note.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 06, 2021, 15:50 (1118 days ago) @ Kermit

I don't know if that was originally the time, but that might be behind my tentativeness. I have to quit at midnight, which won't matter if we have a dozen. Would prefer at least a slightly earlier time.

Right! Curfew, also something to consider. This is why I chose a Saturday, in hopes that there would be less issues. If I can get some more times from DBO Kerm, maybe I can get a better idea on the best time slot would be.

...uh...

by squidnh3, Saturday, March 06, 2021, 15:27 (1118 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I didn't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but the whole thing sounds boring to me. I don't think I'd be able to take much more than 15 minutes of trying to get it to work.

Ok.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 06, 2021, 15:47 (1118 days ago) @ squidnh3

I didn't want to dampen your enthusiasm, ...

Let me stop you there chief. Not gonna happen.

You may continue.

...but the whole thing sounds boring to me. I don't think I'd be able to take much more than 15 minutes of trying to get it to work.

And... that's ok! Thank you.

I'm game to try, but tonight is too short notice

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, March 06, 2021, 18:00 (1118 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

If tonight falls through

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, March 06, 2021, 18:25 (1118 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Like it sounds like it is, I’m still open to try other times. Just let me know.

Wait. THIS WORKS IN STRIKES TOO?!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, March 07, 2021, 11:51 (1117 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Thanks Reddit for the heads up.

I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed I didn't find this out at DBO. Did anyone else here know this?

If it turns out that getting enough folks for an oversized Raid Group is too much for DBO, than I'll happily settle for an oversized Strike Group. I just want to play with this glitch while we can, dang it.

Oh!... and side note... this would possibly be a GREAT time to work on a certain Rat King Catalyst. (Which works quite nicely with the new hunter exotic "Omnioculus".)

Wait. THIS WORKS IN STRIKES TOO?!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, March 07, 2021, 11:54 (1117 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Oh!... and side note... this would possibly be a GREAT time to work on a certain Rat King Catalyst. (Which works quite nicely with the new hunter exotic "Omnioculus".)

We did a Master Nightfall last night this way. While the run itself was super smooth (besides on technical hitch while triggering the boss), the timing and setup for it didn’t make it feel worthwhile (we could have completed two runs in the time it took us to successfully get it to work).

A raid is the only time it feels worthwhile.

This.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, March 07, 2021, 18:15 (1117 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Yeah, agreed.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, March 07, 2021, 20:48 (1117 days ago) @ Korny

It was novel and fun. If the timing was forgiving enough to make it work reliably after a few tries, maybe it would be worth it, but it’s really not based on our experience. If they weren’t fixing it before GMs, that would be a different story.

Thank you all for this input.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, March 08, 2021, 09:15 (1116 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Monday, March 08, 2021, 09:25 (1116 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Don’t let us scare you off. I will certainly try it with you this week for some strikes if you want (not tonight though—I need to be efficient grinding out double rewards while I can).

I just don’t have much interest in the time investment of getting this to work then also the time of going through a raid.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, March 08, 2021, 09:45 (1116 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I will certainly try it with you this week for some strikes if you want (not tonight though—I need to be efficient grinding out double rewards while I can).

I just don’t have much interest in the time investment of getting this to work then also the time of going through a raid.

A shame, as adding folks to a 1300/1330 variants would probably make those go by much faster. (FYI I'll be on.) >_>

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 08, 2021, 10:18 (1116 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I will certainly try it with you this week for some strikes if you want (not tonight though—I need to be efficient grinding out double rewards while I can).

A shame, as adding folks to a 1300/1330 variants would probably make those go by much faster. (FYI I'll be on.) >_>

Not overall, unfortunately. In our case, adding a 4th to our fireteam sped up our mission completion by maybe 1-2 minutes (we were already completing 1330 nightfalls in roughly 15 minutes as a group of 3), and it took us at least 15 minutes to match up together as a group of 4. The fact that you have to go through that process again at the start of each activity you want to run together really kills my desire to try it again for anything less than a raid or perhaps Dungeon. Even then, it’s probably not worth it from a time investment stand point. My clan will typically do 3 complete Deep Stone Crypt completions in 90-120 minutes. Without getting into speed-runner glitches and exploits, we can’t get through the raid much faster than we already do.

I’d still love to try a 12-man raid just for the novelty of it. It looks like a blast. But the barrier to entry is a bit steep for me (in terms of time required) to do it on a whim, and my schedule is still ruled by a toddler, so it’s rare that I can ever carve out a large chunk of time where I’m guaranteed to go undisturbed.

Chappy found a more consistent connection method.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 08, 2021, 09:57 (1116 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm not 100% sure how to do it, but I know it worked on the second try last night. He said it was pretty consistent for 6-man Nightfalls as well (we were doing a raid).

Maybe he'll see this and chime in. :)

Chappy Method

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, March 08, 2021, 11:51 (1116 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Chappy, Monday, March 08, 2021, 12:12

This is the approach that I've used to run multiple Master nightfalls in a group of 6 (text cribbed from Reddit and edited)

To explain this, I'm going to designate 3 people in the group of 12 as [player 1], [player 2], and [player 3]

• [player 1] is solo in orbit, and invites all participants to a fireteam.
  • [player 1] will promote [player 3] to fireteam leader, and then [player 1] and [player 2] will leave the fireteam, splitting the group into 2 people solo in orbit and 10 together.
  • [player 1] will now join on [player 2], and then [player 2] will promote [player 1] to fireteam leader. This is the most important step, and what caused our runs to succeed.
  • [player 2] sends an invite to [player 3], who opens and accepts it, and waits at the "do you want to bring your whole fireteam with you" prompt.
  • [player 1] will call out when they are launching the activity, and [player 2] will signal to [player 3] when to complete the join. The specific timing varies depending on latency between players, but typically [player 2] should say "go" right as they see the timer change from 3 to 2.
  • If done right, [player 1] should see "someone is joining your fireteam" around 0 seconds.
  • If not, [player 1] and [player 2] change characters or leave the fireteam and try again.

In our experience, we were consistently successful with player 1 and player 3 being very distant (~6000 miles apart), and player 1 calling to join just before 2 changed to 1 from the perspective of player 2.

Slightly confused by player numbers

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, March 08, 2021, 11:56 (1116 days ago) @ Chappy
edited by ZackDark, Monday, March 08, 2021, 12:05

]player 2] sends an invite to [player 1], who opens and accepts it, and waits at the "do you want to bring your whole fireteam with you" prompt.

You mean player 3?

You're right, I fixed it (thanks!)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, March 08, 2021, 12:13 (1116 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Gonna try this out tonight!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, March 08, 2021, 12:25 (1116 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Chappy Method

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 08, 2021, 13:22 (1116 days ago) @ Chappy

This is the approach that I've used to run multiple Master nightfalls in a group of 6 (text cribbed from Reddit and edited)

To explain this, I'm going to designate 3 people in the group of 12 as [player 1], [player 2], and [player 3]

• [player 1] is solo in orbit, and invites all participants to a fireteam.
  • [player 1] will promote [player 3] to fireteam leader, and then [player 1] and [player 2] will leave the fireteam, splitting the group into 2 people solo in orbit and 10 together.
  • [player 1] will now join on [player 2], and then [player 2] will promote [player 1] to fireteam leader. This is the most important step, and what caused our runs to succeed.
  • [player 2] sends an invite to [player 3], who opens and accepts it, and waits at the "do you want to bring your whole fireteam with you" prompt.
  • [player 1] will call out when they are launching the activity, and [player 2] will signal to [player 3] when to complete the join. The specific timing varies depending on latency between players, but typically [player 2] should say "go" right as they see the timer change from 3 to 2.
  • If done right, [player 1] should see "someone is joining your fireteam" around 0 seconds.
  • If not, [player 1] and [player 2] change characters or leave the fireteam and try again.

In our experience, we were consistently successful with player 1 and player 3 being very distant (~6000 miles apart), and player 1 calling to join just before 2 changed to 1 from the perspective of player 2.

[image]

I volunteer to be player 4.

This reads like a Raid Explanation & it's all just so right.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, March 08, 2021, 16:09 (1116 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

This reads like a Raid Explanation & it's all just so right.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 09, 2021, 11:48 (1115 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Well, obviously. Chappy wrote it, and he is the master of raid explanations.

Chappy Method

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, March 08, 2021, 17:29 (1116 days ago) @ Chappy

This process reminds me of doing the 3-player splitscreen co-op trick in Halo 3.

Good times.

Chappy Method

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 09, 2021, 11:39 (1115 days ago) @ Chappy

This is just complicated enough that I wish they'd leave it in for funsies.

yeah, yeah, loot farming, etc.

I wish I had seen this before now

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, March 08, 2021, 00:38 (1117 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Hey Robot Chickens!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, March 08, 2021, 09:30 (1116 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I see you are still tentative. What time would be best for you? Since you and Rellekh have been able to pull off rather successfully this sort of glitch the past, it occurs to me that it would be best if we can sync up to your schedule (instead of trying to find a happy median for up to 12 folks).

I know I know, that's a lot of power you suddenly have towards this event. But let me just say... ahem... I, for one, welcome our new robot-fowl overlords. I'd like to remind them that, as a trusted forum madman, I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil upon their underground caves to mine for silicon feed.

Hey Robot Chickens!

by Hobo, Monday, March 08, 2021, 12:50 (1116 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

lol silicon feed.

Well, THAT was fun...

by mnemesis, Thursday, March 11, 2021, 12:07 (1113 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

No really, it was. Thanks to all of you for the guidance, explanations, patience, and, of course, the endless revives (How come we can walk around in space, but a little blizzard and we get frostbite? And don't even get me started on catwalk-jumping!).

Bizarre glitches and all, it was a blast.

Agreed.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 11, 2021, 16:20 (1113 days ago) @ mnemesis

- No text -

Clips.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 11, 2021, 16:27 (1113 days ago) @ mnemesis

I was able to clip some stuff, though I've not yet checked to see if my issue from the night caused issue in the captures. No eta, but it will probably be in my thread of many many videos.

12 Man DBO Raid Status Check

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 11, 2021, 16:25 (1113 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

As things stand at the moment, we have enough confirmed folks for a Regular Raid and enough signed up for a 12 Man Raid. With about 48 hours before the current prescribed time, I would like to figure out now if this is +6 raid going to happen, that it shall simply become a regular raid, or just nothing at all.

I'm CALL'N YA OUT!

breitzen, CougRon, KidTsunami, Morpheus414... Where do you stand? Are you all or nothing or something in between? If this becomes a regular raid, will you step out?

Blazerunner1084, you were also part of Chappy Wednesday 12 Man. You still in for this one too?

Then we have the Tentatives.

Robot Chickens, I'm sorry if my plea offended you O great robo-chicken, but I really would like a sign if you're going to be about or not. Pity my great madness. Woe on to me.

Louis Wu & Kermit - Y'all were also part of the Chappy Wednesday 12 Man. Are you willing, and are you able to join in?

SteelGaribaldi - How goes the conflict?

Oholiab & Your Accomplice - Are you likelier?

F000CH - We missed you yesterday.

Note that we have more Tentatives than we can hold. If we do get overflow, we'll figure out how things go as it happens.

And on my side of things... suddenly this rest of the week might not be the best, but I'm willing to shuffle things about to make this happen should the ingredients needed (which would be ya'll folk) be about in abundance. I figure right now that I'll have to make a judgement call anywhere from 24 hours from now to the eve of whenever the event is scheduled to occur, should it change.

I don't mean to hassle anyone and I apologize if this comes across as me being some busybody. I'm just trying to figure out if we have a enough ducks for this party, or if it is over before it even started. I don't know about you all, but if I have a party I want to make sure there is enough cake* for everyone.

Thank you.

*That was a metaphor. There is no cake. The cake is a lie.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 11, 2021, 16:52 (1113 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

F000CH - We missed you yesterday.

I wanted to play, thought I would make it, but dinner stuff ran late.

I don’t think Saturday will happen for me, unfortunately. I just don’t think my prior commitments on Saturday will conclude in time. If I’m not online by the start time, don’t wait up. If I know for sure I won’t make it by early evening, I’ll remove myself.

Oh I'm IN

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, March 11, 2021, 19:01 (1113 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Just depends on time/date, but yeah I'm interested.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, March 12, 2021, 08:27 (1112 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I think current time/date on FTB event is accurate.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 12, 2021, 08:28 (1112 days ago) @ breitzen

Also, this is getting fixed on Tuesday, so if you don't try it out between now and then, you miss the experience entirely.

Then yeah, I'm in :)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, March 12, 2021, 09:02 (1112 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Robot is in

by Robot Chickens, Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:37 (1112 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Sorry for my absence. Life got busy and I didn’t realize this had been rescheduled. No need to placate me with meaningless trifles. I can only be appeased with the blood of our common foes.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 12, 2021, 18:45 (1112 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to switch to a Tentative—my internet problem is getting worse and worse, to the point where I didn't have a connection at all for a full day. I am pretty sure my internet won't be able to handle it. I tried a Garden yesterday and got disconnected 7 times.

The kicker? It was my Divinity run.

Bummer.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 12, 2021, 19:54 (1112 days ago) @ Morpheus

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to switch to a Tentative—my internet problem is getting worse and worse, to the point where I didn't have a connection at all for a full day. I am pretty sure my internet won't be able to handle it. I tried a Garden yesterday and got disconnected 7 times.

The kicker? It was my Divinity run.

That's a shame, but probably for the best. Has I've learned in the Wednesday run, if you drop out you can't simply rejoin.

Bummer.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 18:03 (1111 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

If nothing else, I'm still willing to at least try. So if you need one, let me know. I'll be online.

12 Man DBO Raid Status - IS GO. WE ARE GO.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 12, 2021, 20:50 (1112 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, March 12, 2021, 21:05

Barring any unforeseeable complications, there appears to be enough extra folks with interest for this event to work. So we are go. Do note; If you drop out of the group after we pull off the glitch, you will be unable to rejoin. Odds are, you'll just have to wait. It sucks, I know, but that is probably how the cards shall fall unless the group of us deems otherwise. Colosseum rules. Depending on how things fall, we may do at least two different raids.

Edit: Oh! And don't be late either. All in all this bug is all or nothing, so If you aren't there, you aren't in. It's a big evening with TWO full raids, so I don't want to wait too long. We may just go without.

First one is Last Wish, the mechanics of which are so tightly wound I'm curious to seeing what breaks. To answering questions.

• How will doors open in our first encounter? How will we adapt?
  • Is the cliff of the the first "hidden" chest big enough for all of us?
  • Is +6 people enough to damage Shuro Chi? And what of the Puzzle?
  • How Quickly can we slughter a wish dragon and rip out its heart?
  • How quickly can we plant the heart?
  • Will I* FINALLY (or anyone else in our group) get One Thousand Voices?

*Spoiler - No.

In the event we take longer than expected, the big thing I'm looking forward to is Riven. If all else fails, we'll just wish to it an attempt to slaughter thusly. Also, I've not checked what the challenge mode is for this week but we may try to pull it off if willing. Might as well, right? Ain't going to be able to pull this off like this again.

Some relevant wishes I would like to enable before our run;

1.[image]

2. [image] (I've had this glittering key for... I don't know HOW long.)

12. [image]

14. [image] (Unless no one in our group needs these eggs. You must have WISH ENDER to pop the eggs.)

Second Raid, per request of Korny, is Garden of Salvation; Divinity Edition. NOTE: If you don't have Divinity, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE STEPS REQUIRED OUTSIDE OF THE RAID FIRST... before you join us. If you don't, then you're not going to get Divinity should we pull it off. Here is a list from IGN on the steps you need to have done before you join the group.

Once in the raid;

-------

And... that is that. We'll see how things fall as the night goes on. I'll probably start pinging folks about 10 or so before show time. We have Robot (and less then 12 folks) to help pull of the glitch, but if we do top off, I'd like to have someone closest to WU (so... that's not me) pull it off since I've seen this glitch work with him on Wednesday. And... that's what I got.

Ye. Haw.

Pro-tip for starting Riven

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 12, 2021, 21:18 (1112 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Only 6 people can be at the main room with the hatches to drop down. Everyone else has to run back to the Vault to get a Joining Allies respawn.

Pro-tip for starting Riven

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:05 (1111 days ago) @ ZackDark

Only 6 people can be at the main room with the hatches to drop down. Everyone else has to run back to the Vault to get a Joining Allies respawn.

That's interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

12 Man DBO Raid Status - IS GO. WE ARE GO.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 07:16 (1111 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Kermit, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 07:19

You might have a rather large to do list considering we’re starting at 9:30 Eastern. I humbly suggest that you go in by yourself and apply those wishes and grab the first checkpoint. If the consensus is not to apply them, just scrap the checkpoint. Also, follow chappy’s instructions. Accept no substitutes.

I can commit to only one raid. Midnight EST is my cut off. As I’ve already stated in my comment in the event, I consider myself a fill-in if you don’t already have 12.

Korny, if you all don’t finish Garden, I’ve been planning a run with bluerunner so he can get his divinity and a few others who haven’t completed the raid can do so. You’re be welcome to join.

Well I looked up your wishes

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 07:37 (1111 days ago) @ Kermit

I have this vague memory that the 12th wish made a certain encounter harder. Anyone remember what I’m talking about? I don’t guess it will matter that much if we have 12 guardians wreaking havoc.

You were probably thinking of this

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:27 (1111 days ago) @ Kermit

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9kqpo8/bungie_please_fix_the_hit_boxes_for_wish_12_heads/

The hitboxes get super-high, which can block shots when you have people stacked up near each other.

holy crap, it's worse than I thought

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:32 (1111 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Seems my Google-fu needs work.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:04 (1111 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Just checked the "Destiny Patch Note Archive" (which is such a fantastic resource, thanks Wu), and searched for every patch with the word "Wish" in it. I see nothing of this being patched. Mostly Raid netcode, drop rates and fixes for the Exotic Bow.

Mega. Bummer. But I stand corrected. ;_;

Before the evening begins I might grab someone and test this, just in case my search in the patch notes was lackluster as well.

Thanks Kermit. Solid Call. I had no knowledge of this. Thanks Wu for finding this.

Korny got Divinity last night - he's good.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:00 (1111 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

He's still welcome to join.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 13:19 (1111 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

+1

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 14:37 (1111 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I got this Kerm. No worries.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:02 (1111 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:09

You might have a rather large to do list considering we’re starting at 9:30 Eastern. I humbly suggest that you go in by yourself and apply those wishes and grab the first checkpoint. If the consensus is not to apply them, just scrap the checkpoint. Also, follow chappy’s instructions. Accept no substitutes.

I can commit to only one raid. Midnight EST is my cut off. As I’ve already stated in my comment in the event, I consider myself a fill-in if you don’t already have 12.

Kermit, with all due respect, I feel your concerns are HEAVILY misplaced. We have at the moment 9 folks confirmed signed up. Do you expect that the 15 or so minutes to add these wishes (if even that) is really a weight on the time? Notice (as I have) 9 folks, each with a focus on two buttons. Would that take too long? Let's say it did, so that would be 9:45 pm for you... Can 9 folks blow through this raid in 2 hours and 15 minutes? I think so, most definitely. We can totally do that with 9 folks, but Shuro Chi shall be the definitive answer to this, I think.

We'll see where we sit in the first hour, and if it turns out we all really do suck we can always just re-up and wish to Riven, but after what I saw on Wednesdays 2nd Run... we'll be fine. (Sloppiest Crypt run anyone of us has ever seen... that we still somehow beat.)

Well I looked up your wishes. I have this vague memory that the 12th wish made a certain encounter harder. Anyone remember what I’m talking about? I don’t guess it will matter that much if we have 12 guardians wreaking havoc.

That's a new one. I know nothing of that. But since you felt the need to check...

First one gets us an extra key for 1 loot at the end. That's two chests instead of one. I look forward to any objections.

Second one makes a secret chest appear which requires a glittering key to open. I state I've had this glittering key for " I don't know HOW long", and I'd like to get rid of it. But... we can of course skip it if its too much time to input, darn thing has lived in my inventory for an age anyway... what's a little more time, eh?

12th makes little holographic images float over out thread. Think Reach flying hearts and thunderstorms, but Destiny. As far as I am aware, that's all it does. Same for my google search. I choose this one as considering what the night is about, it's fun. We got 9 folks in the raid! That's a Pizza and Ice Cream party right there. Let's put some sillyness on our heads and call it a party, yah? Again, we could skip this but... per the night, it seems just right to me.

14th is for the eggs, which I added just in case. If no one needs is (or if those who do need it don't have Wish Ender) we'll just skip it.

TL;DR Kerm. I got this, no worries. Shut up and have fun. ;D

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:36 (1111 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I think you’re overestimating how easy it might be to herd cats.

We had ten last night in Garden. It took a bit over three hours with the Divinity puzzles. I think the only encounter we actually saved any time at all was the Spire defense before Consecrated Mind, just because we had enough folks to station at each Spire and not have to move around.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:56 (1111 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We had ten last night in Garden. It took a bit over three hours with the Divinity puzzles. I think the only encounter we actually saved any time at all was the Spire defense before Consecrated Mind, just because we had enough folks to station at each Spire and not have to move around.

Not only that, but the added firepower with 9-12 people is often offset by the bugginess of the encounters with more than 6 - you can do more damage, but it doesn't count, or the target goes immune unexpectedly (Morgeth did this to us the other day), etc.

Overestimate.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:58 (1111 days ago) @ cheapLEY

What about this whole thread gives you the idea that I've overestimated? I've certainly played enough with y'all to already be pre-aware of the cat aspect, it's why I made this whole post to begin with! We all have our nonsense to contend with, and that's fine, such is life. I've played enough of Last Wish that the jest of what we need to do is estimable. Even if we only get through one raid, that's a success in my book.

The only reason I even included garden was per request of Korny, which is now moot since he has received Divinity now. We'll see.

All in all, all this second guessing just feels like unnecessary fretting at this point. We'll get in and adapt as needed. Colosseum rules, we all can be adults here yes? I guess I'll be finding out in a few.

It's a raid evening, there will be SOME problem some where. Practically guaranteed. Yee. Freek'n. Haw.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:39 (1111 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Kermit, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:53

Kermit, with all due respect, I feel your concerns are HEAVILY misplaced. We have at the moment 9 folks confirmed signed up. Do you expect that the 15 or so minutes to add these wishes (if even that) is really a weight on the time? Notice (as I have) 9 folks, each with a focus on two buttons. Would that take too long? Let's say it did, so that would be 9:45 pm for you... Can 9 folks blow through this raid in 2 hours and 15 minutes? I think so, most definitely. We can totally do that with 9 folks, but Shuro Chi shall be the definitive answer to this, I think.

I meant no offense, man. I've got some experience organizing events, and I'm was just trying to calibrate expectations a little.

We'll see where we sit in the first hour, and if it turns out we all really do suck we can always just re-up and wish to Riven, but after what I saw on Wednesdays 2nd Run... we'll be fine. (Sloppiest Crypt run anyone of us has ever seen... that we still somehow beat.)

The core team on Wednesday has run that raid together ~25 times over the past several months, and the muscle memory for that raid in particular is current and ingrained--I'd say that played a huge part in a few of those dramatic saves. (I also wouldn't underestimate the value of having chappy present--the premier cat herder. :)) Again, I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone else in the slightest--it'll be fun.

TL;DR Kerm. I got this, no worries. Shut up ... ;D

Nah.

wrong about wishes

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:57 (1111 days ago) @ Kermit

Apparently they don't persist if you leave, so scratch that idea.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 14:36 (1111 days ago) @ Kermit

I meant no offense, man. I've got some experience organizing events, and I'm was just trying to calibrate expectations a little.

No offense here, I know you mean well. Just, you get what you bring to a party, yeah? Timing is everything. Spreading doubts/concerns on the eve of a party when it hasn't even started, that's just not cool. Don't pull the rug after the planned placement, you risk making a mess. Especially after I've posted this entire week inquiring this forum, and getting mostly nothing back in return. Perhaps you've not experienced that? It's been labeled Last Wish the whole time, and the idea towards a Garden run was a last second idea in kindness to Korny, which of course is now biting me in the ass a little, but so it goes.

That said... we're down to 8 confirmed at the moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you for the note about the 12th Wish however. I was totally unaware.

The core team on Wednesday has run that raid together ~25 times over the past several months, and the muscle memory for that raid in particular is current and ingrained--I'd say that played a huge part in a few of those dramatic saves. (I also wouldn't underestimate the value of having chappy present--the premier cat herder. :)) Again, I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone else in the slightest--it'll be fun.

Wait till you see it*. It was DUMB Luck. Full blown pizza fire.

*presuming I got it, have yet to check.

Nah.

I am a silly man.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 15:48 (1111 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

No offense here, I know you mean well. Just, you get what you bring to a party, yeah? Timing is everything. Spreading doubts/concerns on the eve of a party when it hasn't even started, that's just not cool.

Fair enough. Not my intent at all. Like I said last week, the start time is a bit late for me (it's actually worse this week considering DST). Making my curfew explicit was part of my motivation for posting. (As a cat herder nothing's worse than having a cat say, out off the blue, gotta go!) Had an idea for a time-saving tip that proved to be useless. Sorry.

Don't pull the rug after the planned placement, you risk making a mess.

Again, not my intent. Just a reading.

Especially after I've posted this entire week inquiring this forum, and getting mostly nothing back in return. Perhaps you've not experienced that?

I definitely have. I've abandoned a crapload of events. Except for when I organized raids on a weekly basis, I've almost never had them fill up on their own, and even the weekly ones often required some one-on-one recruitment efforts behind the scenes in order to get a full fireteam. I always appreciate the efforts to set up events--I know it's hard to get commitments.

It's been labeled Last Wish the whole time, and the idea towards a Garden run was a last second idea in kindness to Korny, which of course is now biting me in the ass a little, but so it goes.

That said... we're down to 8 confirmed at the moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'll be good. Looking forward to it.

Thank you for the note about the 12th Wish however. I was totally unaware.

Wait till you see it*. It was DUMB Luck. Full blown pizza fire.

*presuming I got it, have yet to check.

Nah.

I am a silly man.

Daylight Savings is tonight!? *Checks.* LOL. Mannn.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:23 (1111 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Sorry - the Oholiab clan is out

by Oholiab @, Friday, March 12, 2021, 21:51 (1112 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Our social coordinator made me aware of prior commitments. Hope it goes well!

Gotta back out, sorry. :(

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:00 (1111 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Family drama. I won't be home when this starts.

Sad I'm gonna miss it!

Bummer. Do what ya gotta do. Thanks for the Heads up.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:03 (1111 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Event Success!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:00 (1111 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Last Wish Completed. Kermit had to stop before Riven, so he has a check point. Breitzens friend Madmastergas, whom apparently has only played this raid twice got 1000k.

CONGRATS Madmastergas!*

*Ya bastard. :p

GGA Folks. GGA.

I also got 1k voices. 3rd completion

by Robot Chickens, Sunday, March 14, 2021, 08:21 (1110 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Awesome!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, March 14, 2021, 13:25 (1110 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Clips, pics or write-ups or it never happened!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, March 14, 2021, 09:04 (1110 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

It's a com'n. Want to edit some of the "Standing/Talking".

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:06 (1110 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Link to Stream Replay:

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:20 (1110 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Last Wish 9-Man Attempt

I’ll have an edited version up on YouTube at some point. Sadly I haven’t been able to figure our how to mix the party chat in without an echo... so you’re stuck listening to a 1/9 sided conversation! Lol

Dat sweet streaming setup

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, March 14, 2021, 13:39 (1110 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Left a light in the frame tho :-p

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, March 14, 2021, 14:15 (1110 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

It completes the “BTS” look. ;)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, March 14, 2021, 15:12 (1110 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

The no-nonsense edit.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, March 14, 2021, 15:27 (1110 days ago) @ breitzen

Insane’s post will be much more fun to read, but here’s my perspective of our first failed encounter + all our successful attempts. Some thoughts:

Kali: with only 6 doors that open you have to be on top of making sure the right people get safe and have respawn tokens.
Shuro Chi: brute forcing the puzzle room was easier than I thought!
Morgeth: somehow more complicated with more people? Easy one phase though.
Vault: Very easy with extra guns for add clearing.
Riven: anyone want so cheese????
Queenswalk: buggiest encounter and more difficult with more players!

The no-nonsense edit.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, March 14, 2021, 17:46 (1110 days ago) @ breitzen

Insane’s post will be much more fun to read, but here’s my perspective of our first failed encounter + all our successful attempts. Some thoughts:

Kali: with only 6 doors that open you have to be on top of making sure the right people get safe and have respawn tokens.

Dang! I forgot to post the cheese I learned last week (doing this with 10 people); you can kill Kalli at the very start, by never stepping on the plates. She'll start off in the front of the room, and you can wail on her; as long as you kill her before she goes nuclear, you're golden. (We sworded her to death before she wiped us.)

Would have saved you some trouble.

Edit: not fully accurate

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, March 14, 2021, 18:07 (1110 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Missed a step or two. :)

You start by stepping on a plate, so 'staying off all plates' clearly isn't going to work. :)

This actualy involves tethering Kalli with Anarchy - one player uses it while everyone else is doing damage. Everyone but Anarchy guy waits by the start plate (we used the one closest to spawn, on the right). Anarchy guy waits in the middle for Kalli to drop her shield. Once the shield is down, he sticks her, then runs back to the plate, and sets up a web of anarchy shots on the ground where she'll teleport to (in front of the plate). When she arrives, she'll be trapped in place by the combination of the shots on her and the ones on the ground - everyone else can wail on her and she won't teleport any more. (Anarchy guy should continue to shoot at her, and at the ground around her.)

I suppose with 9+ people there's no reason not to have TWO Anarchy guys.

No rush! Just poking ya

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, March 14, 2021, 13:39 (1110 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Do leave some of the talking in (both planning encounter and causal talk) if you're comfortable with it, though, that's part of the fun!

Well, that's why I'm editing.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, March 14, 2021, 14:25 (1110 days ago) @ ZackDark

Do leave some of the talking in (both planning encounter and causal talk) if you're comfortable with it, though, that's part of the fun!

There is no chat audio, just the glory of 9 folks feasting on the bones of paracausal glory.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread