How to make Squid happy... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 12, 2021, 08:09 (1113 days ago)

From this week's TWAB, in the upcoming tuning changes part:

• Reduced Arbalest's aim assist, making it harder to hit headshots in Crucible.

How to make Squid happy...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 12, 2021, 08:11 (1113 days ago) @ Claude Errera

As assuredly as the sun rises and sets, Bungie will nerf fusion rifles.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 12, 2021, 08:16 (1113 days ago) @ Cody Miller

lol - dude, that gun has been broken in Crucible since its launch (which was 2 years ago next week).

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:09 (1112 days ago) @ Claude Errera

lol - dude, that gun has been broken in Crucible since its launch (which was 2 years ago next week).

See, this is the part that made me chuckle when they announced the nerf. The player base has been complaining about the insanely high aim assist on Arbalest for ~ 2 years. Then Bungie mentions in an update a couple months ago that they have “plans” for Arbalest in the near future, which made me think they must be working on something a bit more complex than simply turning down the aim assist. Now, after all this time, we discover they’re just turning down the aim assist.

Don’t get me wrong, I think that’s likely to be the correct solution. I just don’t understand why it took them this long to make such a simple and obviously needed adjustment. Better late than never, but this is really, REALLY late, lol.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 18:55 (1111 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The player base has been complaining about the insanely high aim assist on Arbalest for ~ 2 years.

Don’t get me wrong, I think that’s likely to be the correct solution. I just don’t understand why it took them this long to make such a simple and obviously needed adjustment. Better late than never, but this is really, REALLY late, lol.

And yet because of my bad luck I got Hawkmoon in its weakened form. Why didn't they leave Hawkmoon alone for two years?! I never had the satisfaction of a triple stack one hit kill. :-(

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 12, 2021, 09:52 (1113 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But it's not a fusion rifle...

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 12, 2021, 11:15 (1113 days ago) @ Korny

But it's not a fusion rifle...

Well, it's a LINEAR fusion rifle. I mean... it's right there in the name, isn't it?

by Robot Chickens, Friday, March 12, 2021, 13:46 (1113 days ago) @ Claude Errera

At one point Bungie considered Sleeper Simulant a fusion rifle.

It benefitted from fusion rifle perks as well as heavy modifiers. Those were the days. I would run around with a fusion rifle secondary and Sleeper and never run out of ammo.

Pretty sure that was D1.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 12, 2021, 15:03 (1113 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

At one point Bungie considered Sleeper Simulant a fusion rifle.

It benefitted from fusion rifle perks as well as heavy modifiers. Those were the days. I would run around with a fusion rifle secondary and Sleeper and never run out of ammo.

Pretty sure that was D1.

Yeah but in a double edged sword the accuracy nerf to fusion rifles also made the Vex Mythoclast unable to hit anything farther than 10 feet in front of you.

Definitely.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:15 (1112 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Take it from me, there's no way you could've ever gotten ammo for a weapon in Destiny 2.

by squidnh3, Friday, March 12, 2021, 08:52 (1113 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Sounds like a plan to me. I actually didn't see it that much, but when you did see it used by someone who had the technique down it was incredibly oppressive. How about Felwinter's next?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 12, 2021, 19:01 (1112 days ago) @ squidnh3

How about Felwinter's next?

Bite your tongue

No no. He's right. Get gud.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 12, 2021, 20:59 (1112 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread