I Won't Spoil Anything. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:40 (1101 days ago)

But Zavala just outclassed 21 million of us.

One of the few times I wished I was a Titan. All the more respect for him now. :-)

Disagreed, but that WAS awesome

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 09:02 (1101 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

A nagging animation issue made it so I couldn’t enjoy it...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:35 (1101 days ago) @ Morpheus

But Zavala just outclassed 21 million of us.

One of the few times I wished I was a Titan. All the more respect for him now. :-)

Is it just me, or are these cinematics far too sluggish? Like everyone just slowly places themselves into position, and it kills the flow and tension for me. The pacing in so many “action”-filled cutscenes is painful, and made worse by the exaggerated poses that characters make in an attempt to hide it. Is it an issue with Mocap? It’s been a problem for Bungie ever since Reach (remember the terribly-animated Elites?).

Really takes me out of the moments. I watched it at 1.25x speed on YouTube, and boy is it so much better in most instances. You could even crank it up a little higher in spots.

Anyway, yeah. The story aspects of it worked really well though, for a bite-sized morsel.

*SPOILERS* For this week’s Proving Grounds quest.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:19 (1101 days ago) @ Korny

Anyway, yeah. The story aspects of it worked really well though, for a bite-sized morsel.

I really liked it. I don’t know about the animation, but I loved the way it was shot, and the way it echoes Uldren’s death at the end of Forsaken. I’d have to rewatch, but I think his pose on the ground and framing is almost identical, and instead of a gun shooting him, we see Zavala’s hand helping him up. It really worked for me.

I must admit that I don’t quite understand the way he was hidden from Zavala. Zavala seems like the one person who would unquestionably accept Crow and forgive him for having been Uldren in a past life.

Also, I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at the footnote at the end with the Cabal. So we make this grand deal where the Canal have to leave Earth, but instead of seeing that actually play out, nah, the same Canal we’ve been fighting for three years in the EDZ are still there, only they’re just criminals now. I realize it would be a lot of work to actually remove Cabal and change the EDZ, but why even write the story that way then? It makes the stakes feel absolutely meaningless. And it’s also exactly the sort of thing I’d love to see. They talk about a living world, then leave the actual world we play in completely static and write their way around it in the most ridiculous way. Its not that big of a deal but it really stuck out to me.

*SPOILERS* Questions

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:27 (1101 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I really liked it. I don’t know about the animation, but I loved the way it was shot, and the way it echoes Uldren’s death at the end of Forsaken. I’d have to rewatch, but I think his pose on the ground and framing is almost identical, and instead of a gun shooting him, we see Zavala’s hand helping him up. It really worked for me.

I must admit that I don’t quite understand the way he was hidden from Zavala. Zavala seems like the one person who would unquestionably accept Crow and forgive him for having been Uldren in a past life.

Also, I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at the footnote at the end with the Cabal. So we make this grand deal where the Canal have to leave Earth, but instead of seeing that actually play out, nah, the same Canal we’ve been fighting for three years in the EDZ are still there, only they’re just criminals now. I realize it would be a lot of work to actually remove Cabal and change the EDZ, but why even write the story that way then? It makes the stakes feel absolutely meaningless. And it’s also exactly the sort of thing I’d love to see. They talk about a living world, then leave the actual world we play in completely static and write their way around it in the most ridiculous way. Its not that big of a deal but it really stuck out to me.

What did Crow do to revive Zavala's ghost? And where is ol Pulled Pork ghost?

*SPOILERS* Answers

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:46 (1101 days ago) @ ManKitten

What did Crow do to revive Zavala's ghost? And where is ol Pulled Pork ghost?

The Cabal attached one of the Light-blocking doodads that we stole from them in Proving Grounds IV to Zavala's Ghost. It wasn't actually damaged, and Crow just crushed the device, freeing the Ghost.

Glint (AKA The Ghost Formerly Known As Pulled Pork) stays in his backpack.

I Know What You Mean.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 18:04 (1100 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Spoil me

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:43 (1101 days ago) @ Morpheus

Explain

Spoil me

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:54 (1101 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Well, in your specific case this is like...years in the making; all the way to D1.

You at least know a good 70% of the story:

Vanguard meets Reefborn
Reefborn help Vanguard
Vanguard help Reefborn
Oryx kill queen, crash Uldren
Uldren kill Cayde
Vanguard(well really just you) kill Uldren
Ghost(known as Glint) revive Uldren
Uldren good guy, now known as Crow
Ghost insults us
Crow hides to avoid crucifixion
Crow saves Zavala in secret
Crow saves Zavala in public, mask breaks
Zavala just nods and immediately forgives him unlike everybody else

Profit? We got a sick remix of Dust Giants, so hell yeah.

Spoil me

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 14:08 (1101 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread