Find your "God Roll"; Random Rolls Builder (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, March 28, 2021, 13:26 (1117 days ago)

As far as I'm aware, this site is still relatively new. Or perhaps I'm late to the party, and my thought in awareness of basically every "Destiny Data" fan site was in fact missing at least one. Whatever it is, I hadn't heard of this site before and so hopefully y'all find it potentially helpful too in the forever quest of sorting and seeking out fun and effective kit.

https://d2gunsmith.com/

I could explain how I find this site helpful and so on, but I'm curious to see what y'all have to say first, if any. :)

Find your "God Roll"; Random Rolls Builder

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, March 28, 2021, 17:32 (1117 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, March 29, 2021, 17:27 (1116 days ago) @ Kermit

I also like this site: https://www.light.gg/god-roll/roll-appraiser/

Thanks both of you for posting these. I find the UI in the first one to be kind of clunky, I guess you need to know exactly what you are looking for to get the most out of it.

As far as the second one, I've never used this particular feature on light.gg before but it seems very useful to examine what you already have.

It is mildly hilarious the mixed messaging that comes out of it though--I apparently have a False Promises that is a God Roll in every single box but it is rated D, and if I choose two of the non-God Roll perks, it goes to B-. After poking around a little more, the filters section is also rather confusing...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 07:02 (1116 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Yeah, I've noticed it can be flaky, and I don't depend on it for close calls or for weapons I have a lot of experience with or when it suggests I delete a weapon DIM gives a thumbs up to. Comparing rolls is my least favorite aspect of Destiny (long live static rolls!), and I've almost always deferred to others' recommendations. Using this site is much quicker than google.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 12:02 (1114 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I also like this site: https://www.light.gg/god-roll/roll-appraiser/

Thanks both of you for posting these. I find the UI in the first one to be kind of clunky, I guess you need to know exactly what you are looking for to get the most out of it.

As far as the second one, I've never used this particular feature on light.gg before but it seems very useful to examine what you already have.

It is mildly hilarious the mixed messaging that comes out of it though--I apparently have a False Promises that is a God Roll in every single box but it is rated D, and if I choose two of the non-God Roll perks, it goes to B-. After poking around a little more, the filters section is also rather confusing...

Your guess is correct. It is a less automated tool, but I've found it useful to figure out various things. A Battle Abacus*, if you will. I'll speak more of it in a moment.

I do hope that all of us here were already aware of light.gg, which is pretty much THE site for cataloging all the loot within this game. Before I found https://d2gunsmith.com/, I was using light.gg to figure out my loot goals. That said, while Kermit may find it useful, I can't recommend their "godroll roll appraiser" at all. First of all, their "grades" are arbitrarily based on community feedback between what is selected in the moment, "Equipped Grade", and overall perk wise, "Best Possable Grade". It is not averaged and perk combinations are not considered. It's... harsh and blunt and honestly not very intelligent. As such... I have a bunch of fantastic rolls weapons with "low grades" because the Meta is god I suppose. I believe my exact phrasing in seeing this system in action was "eat my ass".

Here let me show you the weapon that really drove home for me how dumb this system is.

[image]

How does this make any sense at all? It's a God Roll, with perks that are excellent, that honesty are even better on a bow. SYMPATHETIC ARSENAL on a bow is FANTASTIC! Best grade possible is a C? How? Why? ... it's just Awful. I can only imagine how many more casual folks would use this resource and just shard FANTASTIC kit because... oh this is only an F or a C Grade. I... I just... I don't like it.

Before we move on, here let me show you a "Non-Godroll"...

[image]

This Weapon is FAN FREEK'N'TASTIC. Best thing with this roll is that I can swich between Extended Range or Stability. I call it my Legendary Hawkmoon, because it is. But it's not a God Roll? F- to boot? Pshhhh. This site can eat my ass.

So... with that said, let me tell you about Gunsmith. First here is a picture I took FOR SOME REASON ooOOooOoo... from a site called https://www.d2checklist.com/ (which is a fantastic D.I.M Alternative that isn't as powerful).

[image]

Alright... so here is a question for ya what is the Highest possible Range for LAST PERDITION? And if you do that, how much does that effect stability? Or... hey, it's a Pulse, range isn't the issue, let's have say... reload be the focus. What then? What would that look like? Before hand I'd have to click that link I've added in it's name, and had to do that math manually. Now, I just click some buttons and that math shows it's self visually.

By the way, best Range possible on this weapon is 68 without a Masterwork (which pushes it to 77), with a stability of 72. Not bad. Reload speed is 48. Push the reload instead and ... I can make it 84 with masterwork, but the best possible range becomes 59. It's ok, but I'm not sure it's worth the tradeoff.

See? Very useful and it saves time (that I could be using playing the game). Figuring out this sort of thing helps with making a call on what to keep or shard. At least, I think so, hence the post. :)

*Battle Abacus sounds like a perk or a weapon or I don't know... but it's SOMETHING.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 15:02 (1114 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

For the record, I’ve seen weird stuff. I would hesitate before I would shard anything that had that many trophy perks, despite the letter grade. I use the tool to judge between duplicates, and the presence of perks I know enough about to like or dislike play a role in my decisions. I don’t play as much is as you, I don’t play with as many weapons as you do, and I just don’t have the motivation or energy to become a perk expert. I just want to play the game and not be called too shorthanded. It’s all good.

Question for you

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 01, 2021, 08:53 (1113 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So... with that said, let me tell you about Gunsmith. First here is a picture I took FOR SOME REASON ooOOooOoo... from a site called https://www.d2checklist.com/ (which is a fantastic D.I.M Alternative that isn't as powerful).

[image]

Alright... so here is a question for ya what is the Highest possible Range for LAST PERDITION? And if you do that, how much does that effect stability? Or... hey, it's a Pulse, range isn't the issue, let's have say... reload be the focus. What then? What would that look like? Before hand I'd have to click that link I've added in it's name, and had to do that math manually. Now, I just click some buttons and that math shows it's self visually.

By the way, best Range possible on this weapon is 68 without a Masterwork (which pushes it to 77), with a stability of 72. Not bad. Reload speed is 48. Push the reload instead and ... I can make it 84 with masterwork, but the best possible range becomes 59. It's ok, but I'm not sure it's worth the tradeoff.

I use D2Checklist every day, but not for this - I was intrigued by your last paragraph here. I can find out the best stat possible for a particular gun with this interface?

I can't figure out how. :(

Can you be more specific? (I can get to the screen you included pretty easily - with my own gear, of course - but from there, I can only sort highest to lowest in a particular stat category. I can't find anything that shows me what the outside max is.)

Answer for you

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 01, 2021, 17:27 (1113 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

I use D2Checklist every day, but not for this - I was intrigued by your last paragraph here. I can find out the best stat possible for a particular gun with this interface?

I can't figure out how. :(

Can you be more specific? (I can get to the screen you included pretty easily - with my own gear, of course - but from there, I can only sort highest to lowest in a particular stat category. I can't find anything that shows me what the outside max is.)

Minor misunderstanding of certain contexts. As far as I'm aware, none of the Data Organizers show a range of "what if" statistics, but instead a comparison of the existing kit you have*. I added this image of LAST PERDITION from https://www.d2checklist.com/ as to be an example weapon scenario. (I use checklist a lot myself.)

Thus, this section here is an "what-if" example of how I find https://d2gunsmith.com/ (aka the "Battle Abacus") to be useful. That's where the data from the last paragraph came from. Took less than a minute for find out the data then post it here. I added this example here, as marmot 1333 mentioned he didn't know what he was looking for in the UI of gunsmith.

*Digressing side note; This is why I'm still holding on to a bunch of sunset weapons. Weapons that I loved using that I'm hoping to match up to someday. Oh... my poor vault.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread