Wanted To Ask A Question. (Off-Topic)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 17:00 (1121 days ago)

I am ultimately inexperienced with this sort of thing, so I don't really know where to turn.

We're a little over two weeks towards the 2nd month of Eddie's passing, and the coroner's office still hasn't updated his file with a cause of death. I know I was jokingly saying that they don't have it ready at the crime scene like Law & Order...but does it usually take this long? Was something affected by the winter blackout? What's the average amount of time for something like that to be determined? I know already that's a ridiculous question...but I'm just so confused as to what's going on over there.

Wanted To Ask A Question.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 17:55 (1120 days ago) @ Morpheus

I am ultimately inexperienced with this sort of thing, so I don't really know where to turn.

We're a little over two weeks towards the 2nd month of Eddie's passing, and the coroner's office still hasn't updated his file with a cause of death. I know I was jokingly saying that they don't have it ready at the crime scene like Law & Order...but does it usually take this long? Was something affected by the winter blackout? What's the average amount of time for something like that to be determined? I know already that's a ridiculous question...but I'm just so confused as to what's going on over there.

I have no idea what's 'usual' - the only experience I have is with my mother's. (Other people handled my dad's.)

I can't remember exactly how long it took, but it was more than a month. I was getting antsy near the end, and I was probably short with the clerk (because I didn't live anywhere near the office I needed to visit, and it was the last time I was planning to be back for a while) - she told me that 6-8 weeks isn't uncommon, and I just needed to be patient.

I know other people who have had the certificate in hand before the burial. It seems to vary a LOT.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread