What is happening with Xbox Live? (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, April 12, 2021, 16:26 (1107 days ago)

I have received, no exaggeration, close to 30 Friend Requests in the last 3 days. I know at least two others getting the same thing. WTF is going on?

Can relate

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, April 12, 2021, 17:37 (1107 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No clue, but this is annoying as hell

What is happening with Xbox Live?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, April 12, 2021, 17:44 (1107 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I have received, no exaggeration, close to 30 Friend Requests in the last 3 days. I know at least two others getting the same thing. WTF is going on?

I too have seen this. It's nothing new, I've had this sort of thing happen occasionally before. I remember one time I got a request to join a random party in the early morning, and it was folks who were speaking Hungarian (or at least it sounded like such to me). Still not too sure about how that happened.

Anywho, within the recent week, I've seen a significant uptick in random "so and so is following you" popups and I'm not sure why. I don't know what the answer is, but I do still recall some of the tags that randomly apparently started to "follow" me if you think that would help? Not sure if it would.

If I may ask, what kind of tags/images have you seen? Some of the images have been inappropriate. While I agree that her butt was worth taking a picture of in that bright bubblegum thong, I'm not sure this is the platform for that. Eh, just block it, report it, and move on.

By the way, if you don't know (as it is rather hidden); My Profile -> Social -> Following -> Drop down menu; You can see Followers (including friends), Blocked, and Muted. Hope that helps.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, April 12, 2021, 19:33 (1106 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

By the way, if you don't know (as it is rather hidden); My Profile -> Social -> Following -> Drop down menu; You can see Followers (including friends), Blocked, and Muted. Hope that helps.

That does! I was looking for that, but could not find it.

Nothing inappropriate that I’ve seen. Just a bunch of odd empty accounts. One has 177,000 gamer score without a single game played.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, April 12, 2021, 21:00 (1106 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That does! I was looking for that, but could not find it.

Nothing inappropriate that I’ve seen. Just a bunch of odd empty accounts. One has 177,000 gamer score without a single game played.

Over 500k. And interestingly enough the only "friend" made a random "follow" this evening (who does have 177,844 gamer score by the way).

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, April 12, 2021, 19:36 (1106 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’ve been getting the same thing the last couple days. It’s some sort of spamming attempt where they are trying to harvest follow-for-follows. They send the request then immediately delete on their end hoping you’ll follow back with permissions that allow them to get certain info about you. Some seem to be gathering followers to ‘sell’ their account with high follower counts. Apparently some of the Xbox api allows them to get gamer tags regardless of privacy settings.

Same issue here

by Oholiab @, Monday, April 12, 2021, 21:06 (1106 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Wow. Um....Same!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 08:54 (1106 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Two of my clanmates, and myself. I just ignore it—they can’t do anything to me—but it does make me miss the 100 friend limit from the good ol’ days...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread