Last of Us Remake (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12:00 (1101 days ago)

I did not see this coming. My interest is tepid, especially considering the remaster addressed the technical issues and is more or less the definitive version of the game.

A remake usually is a complete overhaul of the game, either creatively or to utilize modern tech to overcome deficiencies of the original. But like… what technically really held the original back? So does this mean that it's a creative change of direction?

Or maybe they are retconning to match the HBO show!

Last of Us Remake

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12:11 (1101 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This seems weird. That game doesn’t need a remake. Nothing held the original back. It could look better at this point, sure, but it still looks pretty good, honestly.

I would play through The Last of Us with the improved mechanics of Part II, though. Remakes in general are sort of weird, but at least something like the FF7 Remake completely changed that game in an interesting way that feels interesting. I’m not sure what you do to TLoU for the same effect.

Last of Us Remake

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:42 (1101 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I did not see this coming. My interest is tepid, especially considering the remaster addressed the technical issues and is more or less the definitive version of the game.

A remake usually is a complete overhaul of the game, either creatively or to utilize modern tech to overcome deficiencies of the original. But like… what technically really held the original back? So does this mean that it's a creative change of direction?

I don't get it, but maybe they have their reason$.

Last of Us Remake

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 15, 2021, 10:40 (1099 days ago) @ Kermit

I don't get it, but maybe they have their reason$.

Old HBO is dead. Expect new HBO to look more and more like Disney+; Franchises or bust!

Last of Us Remake

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 15, 2021, 11:51 (1099 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Old HBO is dead. Expect new HBO to look more and more like Disney+; Franchises or bust!

You realize the show is a LIMITED SERIES right? That literally means one and done, no franchise.

Last of Us 2: BOOGALOO; a LIMITED SERIES

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 15, 2021, 12:58 (1099 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You realize the show is a LIMITED SERIES right? That literally means one and done, no franchise.

Last of Us 2: Part 3 - Moldy Cheese Attacks!; a LIMITED SERIES
Last of Us 2: Zombie Lincoln; a LIMITED SERIES
Last of Us 2: The Firth One; a LIMITED SERIES
Last of Us 2: The Fifth + One; a LIMITED SERIES

I think the official term is a spin off or something. Franchises or bust!

Last of Us Remake

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 16, 2021, 06:40 (1099 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think it means “we’ll start small so we don’t spend a ton of money up front, but if it’s successful we’ll crank out more later” ;)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread