TWAB - 29th of April, 2021 | Glass & Full Weapon Tuning (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 29, 2021, 15:17 (1082 days ago)

MEATY Update! @ https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50287

Dat GLASS!

• Vault of Glass will go live on May 22 at 10 AM PDT
  • [image]
  • Information on how "World First" shall work.

One quick thing to call out is that the opening area of the Vault of Glass will now be a private space for your fireteam, so don’t expect any backup from wandering Guardians. You won’t be able to abandon the mission and explore Venus (as tempting as that is). There is only one way forward and that is into the Vault.

:(

Heavy Aims.

Information on...

• Explanation of roles:
    • Add Clear
    • Single Target Damage
    • Burst Damage
  • How weapons map to roles:
    • Sword
    • Rocket Launcher
    • Machine Gun
    • Linear Fusion Rifles
    • Drum Grenade Launchers
    • Exotic Snipers

Plus Examples!

... so on so on interesting stuff about balancing until we get to...

Weapon Archetypes
(For full explanations see update)

• Precision (450 rpm) Auto Rifles
    • Increased Precision (450 rpm) Auto Rifle damage per bullet from 17 to 18.
  • Rares
    • Added existing but unobtainable rare Linear Fusion Rifle and Breech Grenade Launchers to the World Loot Pool.
  • Linear Fusion Rifles
    • Increased precision damage by 15%
    • Increased reserve ammo by 20%
  • Fusion Rifles
    • Increased damage falloff start distance for Fusion Rifles, no effect on 100 range stat, +2m on 0 range stat.

Perks

• Subsistence
    • No longer reduces reserve ammunition.
    • Submachine Guns now receive the same ammo fraction per takedown that Auto Rifles do (was 10%, like most weapons, now 17%, same as Auto Rifles).
  • High-Impact Reserves and Under Pressure
    • These are now active as long as their conditions are met.
  • Unrelenting
    • Now easier to trigger in PvE (immediate trigger on majors) and heals 20% more.
  • Sympathetic Arsenal
    • Now grants +20 reload in addition to its primary effect.
  • Dragonfly
    • Now works on heavy shanks and servitors, and occurs even faster than after the Season of the Chosen fix.
  • Hip-fire Grip
    • +1 degrees precision hip fire angle threshold, +1.2x reticle stickiness falloff distance.
    • One degree doesn't seem like that much, but for reference Hand Cannon aim assist cone angle is 2.5 degrees at 0 AA, to 3 degrees at 100 AA, and you can feel the difference between a 90 AA hand cannon and a 100 AA hand cannon (a 0.05-degree increase), so a small difference can be significant.
    • Note that precision hip-fire angle caps at the aim down sights aim assist cone angle.
  • Iron Grip, Iron Gaze, Iron Reach
    • Reduced secondary stat penalty from -40 to -30.
  • Osmosis and Elemental Capacitor
    • Osmosis now switches the weapon to Stasis damage when playing a Stasis subclass - this should work for any mechanics that ask for Stasis damage (but not for Stasis ability damage). Also created stasis VFX for all weapon types that Osmosis can appear on (more coming later).
    • Elemental Capacitor with a Stasis subclass grants +recoil direction and reduces ADS move speed penalty.
  • No Distractions
    • Reduced trigger time from 1.5s to 1s and increased flinch reduction from 30% to 35%.
  • Celerity and Bottomless Grief [Reminder]
    • Celerity: Now always grants +20 to handling and +20 to reload in addition to the triggered effect.
    • Bottomless Grief: Now always grants +30 to magazine in addition to the triggered effect.
  • Thresh: This change is already live and not a buff so much as a bug fix (Thresh unintentionally only worked in PvP for certain weapons in Beyond Light) but Thresh has worked for all weapon types in PvP since Season of the Chosen launch.

Mods

• Adept Mag, Adept Targeting
    • Reduced secondary stat penalty from -20 to -15.
    • Fixed Adept Mag not granting reserves when applied to a Sword.
  • Adept Counterbalance
    • Increased recoil direction benefit.

Exotics

• MIDA Multitool
    • Changed the catalyst perk from Outlaw to No Distractions.
  • Hawkmoon: Increased priority of Paracausal Charge and Paracausal Shot buff text (this was sometimes dropping off the bottom of the list).

The Future
Sometime further into Season 14, we expect to touch the following:

All Shotguns: We don't expect the change to the two dominant Shotguns (replacing Quickdraw with Surplus) and nerfing Quickdraw to really move the needle on Shotgun usage overall in PvP. We agree with some of the comments that weapon usage is not only dependent on tuning, but that map design is also a factor. However, we want more weapons to be viable on all maps, and we can achieve this through tuning, giving other Special weapons room to excel. Specifics coming later.

Dead Man's Tale: With the upcoming nerf to 120 Hand Cannon range, we expect to see a surge in Dead Man's Tale usage (which is already high). We had enough moving pieces in Season 14 that we didn't want to try to squeeze this in at the same time , but we have a change ready to go that reins in its ability to challenge Sniper Rifles, 120 Hand Cannons and Scout Rifles while in hip-fire without detracting from the fantasy of the weapon.

Fusion Rifles: As with some of our other changes, we don't want to bump these too much too fast, so will follow up if needed.

...then the TWAB finishes as is customary and there you have it!

TWAB - 29th of April, 2021 | Glass & Full Weapon Tuning

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 29, 2021, 15:23 (1082 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So who will be the 5 guardian flawless team this time around?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, April 30, 2021, 08:02 (1082 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

This picture has been my phone wallpaper for years... I've always felt that it symbolized our Flawless Raider group - with the one guardian falling off the platform to the right representing EvilKalamari, since after weeks of grinding for it [during one of our last unsuccessful sessions] he missed the platform that way and it was pretty much the last time we saw him online for at least a few weeks - and then we finally succeeded a few nights later with a team of only five.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, April 30, 2021, 08:07 (1082 days ago) @ Speedracer513

[image]

This picture has been my phone wallpaper for years... I've always felt that it symbolized our Flawless Raider group - with the one guardian falling off the platform to the right representing EvilKalamari, since after weeks of grinding for it [during one of our last unsuccessful sessions] he missed the platform that way and it was pretty much the last time we saw him online for at least a few weeks - and then we finally succeeded a few nights later with a team of only five.

I just realized something…

The Templar could bind you in one of those bubbles…

STASIS HAS BEEN IN THE GAME SINCE YEAR 1

Also LOL but I still feel bad for him.

A long-winded question for Xenos.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 29, 2021, 20:45 (1082 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

MEATY Update! @ https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50287

Dat GLASS!

• Vault of Glass will go live on May 22 at 10 AM PDT
  • [image]
  • Information on how "World First" shall work.

One quick thing to call out is that the opening area of the Vault of Glass will now be a private space for your fireteam, so don’t expect any backup from wandering Guardians. You won’t be able to abandon the mission and explore Venus (as tempting as that is). There is only one way forward and that is into the Vault.

This question has been a long time coming. Ever since it was mentioned that the Vault of Glass was being ported (or whatever the word would be) into Destiny 2, I've been holding onto this question in the back of my mind. I think I've waited long enough. Time to set it free.

One of my greatest memories with this game was made on November the 15th of 2014. Boy is it weird writing that down and just seeing it... we're 2021?! WHAT?! I digress. Anyway It's ok if you don't remember what happened then, here's the reminder.

Anything? I suppose not, as it was far more memorable for myself. Note Xenos saying "Really want that Mythoclast". And so, of course... Destiny took that personally. "It was also the first* Hard Raid I have ever done" I would later post in my customary silly fashion, because I am a very silly man living among a very very very silly world that tries very hard to lose a sense of what's truly important...the great taste of Charleston Chew!

If I recall correctly you've embraced PC, provided you even play Destiny anymore - I don't know. Seems you've regressed back into your "long-time lurker state" on this side of the Bungie.org address. So, provided you're still around and up to playing with someone who has a potato connected to his TV, I would love to play this raid with you. Would that be possible?

Hopefully you can see the poetry I'm trying to enable here, super unlikely as it may be. We don't even know yet if Vex Mythoclast is to be returning, but its SO FUN to think about, I have to ask. It's just too much fun to go... what if this happened? What if Xenos finally got that Vex Mythoclast? Or, in a very different emotion, if I got Vex Mythoclast again... both what ifs bring to me at least a manner of glee that I don't know how to describe. I hope you get it.

And I Hope you are well. (If this does happen, and I do get it, please don't rip my arms off. I've grown quite attached to them.)

A long-winded question for Xenos.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 30, 2021, 06:14 (1082 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I’d be down! I don’t play anywhere near as much as I used to, but I do still raid from time to time. It hadn’t even crossed my mind for some reason if Mythoclast was coming back or not but man that would be cool if it is.

Vault of Glass

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, April 30, 2021, 06:22 (1082 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm pretty sure I have a full team for the 22nd. But I'll probably be trying to run this weekly on Xbox. So (anyone on XBOX) free to hit me up for some VoG goodness!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread