Wow. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, May 01, 2021, 20:22 (1089 days ago)

I've signed up for a certain event twice and it seems that that my name has been deleted. Hint received.

Wow.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 10:22 (1088 days ago) @ Kermit

I've signed up for a certain event twice and it seems that that my name has been deleted. Hint received.

I Noticed. Had thought you found conflicts and had removed yourself, but this? What is the meaning of this? Why is/was this allowed to happen? What choices were made that allowed it to be so that another DBO member could be harassed?

If what you say is true, and it's not a problem with the Fireteam builder, that it is instead an actively malicious intent, then I agree... wow. Furthermore if it is indeed malicious intent, and we whom have the power to prevent this from happening to any DBO member do nothing... wow. WOW.

That said, if this is just a simple misunderstanding, than Kermit while I'm more than sure that many of us would be willing, I'll be the first to say I'd happily to give you my slot. Well... unless it Trials. ;D

Give me a break.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 10:34 (1088 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

C’mon.

The day the FTB dictates who I play video games with in my free time or that I’m not allowed to tell someone to fuck off is the day I leave this place forever. If I make an event, I certainly get to decide who I actually want to play with. I guess I would probably make that known instead of just deleting someone that signed up.

I have no problems with you, Kermit—this is just a response to Insane being outraged that we don’t all get along perfectly all the time.

Give me a break.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 10:49 (1088 days ago) @ cheapLEY

C’mon.

The day the FTB dictates who I play video games with in my free time or that I’m not allowed to tell someone to fuck off is the day I leave this place forever. If I make an event, I certainly get to decide who I actually want to play with. I guess I would probably make that known instead of just deleting someone that signed up.

I have no problems with you, Kermit—this is just a response to Insane being outraged that we don’t all get along perfectly all the time.

The "outrage" is not that we don’t all get along perfectly all the time, as such shall happen from time to time. Such is, in a rare fashion, truly just the way things are. The "outrage" is that we don't care, and we don't speak up. A "Fuck you I've got mine". Is that right? Is that who we are here?

Give me a break.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 11:43 (1088 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Kermit, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 11:52

Let it go, INSANE.

I will call this now: the next time there's a truly new raid, I will want to run it blind--it's the best part of Destiny for me. Organizing is hard work--you do have to think about chemistry and sometimes skill level, and maybe the thinking is I'd negatively affect the chances of completing challenges for the contest. That's realistic.

On the other hand, this could come from social media crap that has no place here. I've been the subject of smears and character assassinations for years now, which make this look like a failure to say "please."

For the record, I like to think I'm friends with everyone on the roster; in that spirit I've tried to remain kind and friendly, even when I realize there's been friction. I'm not a grudge holder.

I am nostalgic for when we all seemed to enjoy each other's company, but I know from organizing that even then there was always a player X who didn't want to play with player Y. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, nor do I want to be subjected to snarky remarks at my expense.

Peace,

Kerm

k. ...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 14:03 (1088 days ago) @ Kermit

Let it go, INSANE.

...but not without The Last Word. No one here (at minimum) should suffer the Merciless Misfeasance you'd expect from some ignorant high school twerp. A consent Thorn in the side, ruining what should be just a simple pass time from the "real world". There is alot of Bad Juju out there, and that's without the added ignorance that is liable to make an Outbreak Perfected. This past time should be our Vigilance Wing to the Sweet Business that is being the Traveler's Chosen. There should not be this silent Duality between the Devil's Ruin with it's Cold Heart and Divinity with it's Truth. I mean... look, I don't want to be some Deathbringer or some spark of Anarchy, no more then you Kerm or perhaps most of you here. My concern stems from the Eyes Of Tomorrow, watching what happens as folks cower deep yellow to only provide their efforts with a Silent Touch like some Whisper of the Worm. My concern is the growth of a Ruinous Effigy among us, a Wish Ender that stops the good times because of some ignorant exception.

By Trinity Ghoul, just do the right thing folks. There is enough shit out there that we don't need to go around adding to it, yeah? For fucks sake, can we have some fucking grown ups be actually fucking grown up? Is that too much to ask? There should be no need for The Chaperone, in fact if could all be The Huckleberry among one another that would just be swell.

Does that not make sense? Ah, it's ... I'm done. LOL.

[image]

Okay, That Was Admittedly Impressive.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 03, 2021, 10:29 (1087 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

This seems unfair.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 13:36 (1088 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

C’mon.

The "outrage" is not that we don’t all get along perfectly all the time, as such shall happen from time to time. Such is, in a rare fashion, truly just the way things are. The "outrage" is that we don't care, and we don't speak up. A "Fuck you I've got mine". Is that right? Is that who we are here?

You're suggesting that you know the motivations (or lack of them) for 'allowing' Kermit to be removed from an event. You don't.

I didn't even know it happened until I read Kermit's post. I didn't say anything at that point because, really, there isn't anything to say - I don't know who removed him, or why, and in fact it's really none of my business. (I didn't get signed up early enough to participate in the first place, so why should I have a say in who does?)

I don't like that it happened - I'd rather whoever yanked him had sent him a note saying "I'd rather you didn't play because of X". But that's awkward, at best, and pie-in-the-sky optimistic if the reason was political. (I'm a little confused by Kermit's description of Facebook smearing, but then I haven't been on Fb for years.)

Regardless of the reason, the FTB doesn't come with terms you must agree with to use - if someone wants to set up a public event, but still gatekeep... they can do that. It's not the best of all possible worlds (I'd love it if we could all get along), but I understand some of the whys it might happen. (In the general sense. I'm not making any judgements about this particular case. I raid with Kermit almost every week, and I enjoy his company, but I know people that would rather not play with ME, so I'm sure that's true of him as well.)

Bottom line, though - it's really not up to you to be outraged at those of us with the power to do something about this - it's an issue between someone involved in the setup of that event and Kermit. I'm not at all clear how ANYTHING that happened can be interpreted as the rest of us expressing 'fuck you, I've got mine'.

In lieu of a long post; By and large I agree.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 14:06 (1088 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Wish I didn't mention it.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 14:57 (1088 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Kermit, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 15:07

I admit I was ticked off initially, but came back to delete and missed the cut off.

I'm going to pretend I got a note saying, "Hey man, I mean no offense but several of us really want to beat as many of those challenges ASAP, and with that in mind we want to give seats to the strongest players."

To which I would have said, "Understood, that's cool."

If it weren't for INSANE's insane creativity on display, I'd ask you to delete this thread.

An honest explanation, since you wanted it public.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 03, 2021, 11:05 (1087 days ago) @ Kermit

[Post removed by an admin [Speedracer513]. The original content has no place here, especially without the intended recipient being able to respond - and we sure don't have any reason to allow this to continue here. The intended recipient almost surely saw the post already anyway, and if not, you can send it to him privately.]

Okay, this is done.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, May 03, 2021, 11:43 (1087 days ago) @ Korny

This is why there's a no-politics rule on bungie.org sites.

I have no idea what this is about. I've known both of you for a long time, and I think you're both pretty honest about your views and opinions - but this kind of thing is... well, it's fucking rude. You have a problem with Kermit, you take it up with Kermit - you don't bring it here, and make a whole passel of unsubstantiated accusations. (Hell, you don't make accusations like that on this forum AT ALL, substantiated or not. This is absolutely not the place for it.)

I'm locking this thread. That's the end of it, as far as DBO is concerned. This is a gaming forum.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread