I'm Genuinely Curious (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 03, 2021, 16:29 (1087 days ago)

Is it just me, or recently have the Cursed Thrall gone completely silent? Do you guys notice that when you play? I'd say, since Beyond Light(maybe even earlier, not sure) that they just make NO sound. NOTHING. Whether they're chasing, walking, charging or even inactive, that hollow wail they did to signify their proximity seems to be completely gone. I haven't plugged in any headphones or anything, but I don't think I even need to—I was doing Veles Labyrinth today, and all I could hear were shell casings. Are you guys getting the same thing, or is it an audio problem on my end?

It's definitely you

by Claude Errera @, Monday, May 03, 2021, 16:58 (1087 days ago) @ Morpheus

Just ran into Veles, to see for myself.

They're still wailing.

That's Just Too Weird.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 03, 2021, 17:49 (1087 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That just blows my mind...Every other sound effect (that I expect at least) plays when it's supposed to. I've never had any other problems with any other sound effects or anything of the sort in Destiny 2. The only other occasion I can think of is sometimes in The Inverted Spire, after killing the two commanders at the drill area—sometimes Ghost's and/or Failsafe's lines won't play. They'll still show up in the subtitles if I have them on, but they don't always play. I don't even know where to begin looking for help for this: one sound effect doesn't play for one enemy?

That's Just Too Weird.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, May 03, 2021, 23:02 (1087 days ago) @ Morpheus

Usually the advice for something like this on consoles is to uninstall and reinstall the game. Kind of a pain if you have a data cap, but there's not very many troubleshooting options.

That's Just Too Weird.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, May 03, 2021, 23:26 (1087 days ago) @ Morpheus

Don’t think it’s just you Morph. I haven’t been paying attention but just now I was in a strike And didn’t hear the Cursed Thrall. Maybe they would have made a noise eventually but my fire team didn’t let them live long. I can’t remember when I last heard one, like I said I haven’t been paying attention.

Keep An Eye Out, If You Don't Mind.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 08:33 (1086 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

This Is Even Weirder.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, May 22, 2021, 14:46 (1069 days ago) @ Morpheus

Okay, after weeks of FOMO-ing (and a couple of days where I just forgot) I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Didn't take me anywhere as long as I thought it would!

But I still get nothing.

They make a little popping noise when they activate, but still nothing!

Please tell me I'm not crazy, am I?

.....institution?

This Is Even Weirder.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, May 23, 2021, 18:44 (1067 days ago) @ Morpheus

Okay, after weeks of FOMO-ing (and a couple of days where I just forgot) I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Didn't take me anywhere as long as I thought it would!

But I still get nothing.

They make a little popping noise when they activate, but still nothing!

Please tell me I'm not crazy, am I?

.....institution?

I'm confused. You really can't hear them?

I think maybe you should get your hearing tested. I can hear them in your clip, just fine.

I recorded a short vid, but they're making the same noise in yours that they're making here (so if you can't hear yours, you won't hear this):

This Is Even Weirder.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 23, 2021, 19:35 (1067 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Am I confused, now? I didn’t see any Cursed Thrall in your clip, just normal Thrall.

The Cursed Thrall in his clip are making noises, but not the one I think he’s talking about. They used to make a sort of . . . I don’t know how to describe it. Like a hollow sort of whistle, like wind through a cave or something. They’re not doing that in his clip.

They’re doing it in this clip I found.

That's The Noise—Found It!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, May 23, 2021, 19:54 (1067 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Morpheus, Sunday, May 23, 2021, 20:22

Let me see if I can find an old clip of D2—lord knows I've got a bunch—with Cursed Thrall, because now I can't even remember if they ever played in D2 or not.

My head hurts...

POST EDIT: Okay, this is a really bad control group example, but I definitely hear it here.

There's a whole lot of shooting and other Thrall too, but at about 2:11, the Cursed Thrall are just surrounding us. Oh my god, I feel so much relief....lmao

I can't wait to tell all those voices in my head that they were wrong. ;-)

That's The Noise.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 23, 2021, 20:17 (1067 days ago) @ Morpheus

They did.

That is Such a Relief....

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, May 23, 2021, 20:33 (1067 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Why does this get more relatable with age? :-D

This Is Even Weirder.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, May 24, 2021, 07:51 (1067 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm not even remotely sure how I managed to gloss over the 'cursed' part of Morpheus' description... but it seems like it might just be Veles. (Maybe. It's really hard to tell from older clips if they make the noise continuously or just when they first activate.)

Here's a clip with far more normal 'activation' noise:

This Is Even Weirder.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 18:17 (1065 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Okay, so in that clip, I heard that little activation noise, but not the hollow wails.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread