My first thought: We are doing a Bioshock crossover? (Destiny)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 07:21 (1050 days ago)

My first thought: We are doing a Bioshock crossover?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 07:27 (1050 days ago) @ CougRon

Must we always have music drops where the beat and gunfire match up?

How Else Will You Know It's Cool? lmao

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 08:13 (1050 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Like and subscribe! Smash that bell! LET'S PLAY RAID SHADOW LEGENDS, START NOW FOR FREE

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 09:31 (1049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah, because it’s fucking cool—I don’t care what the professional editor says!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 11:23 (1049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Maybe I'm just sick of it. Every trailer ever has been doing it for the past several years.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 11:36 (1049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Maybe I'm just sick of it. Every trailer ever has been doing it for the past several years.

Then have I got the game for you!

That… kind of looks dope

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 13:01 (1049 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by squidnh3, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 09:48 (1049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Destiny isn't a rhythm-FPS...yet. Maybe next year we'll have Guardian Breakin' instead of Guardian Games.

Guardian Breakin'

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 09:59 (1049 days ago) @ squidnh3

Destiny isn't a rhythm-FPS...yet. Maybe next year we'll have Guardian Breakin' instead of Guardian Games.

[image][image][image][image]

[image]*

*Titan Dance?

Yes

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 10:11 (1049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

That raid jacket is sick! I need...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 07:30 (1050 days ago) @ CougRon

They retconned Mythrax into a Splicer and changed Ikora’s voice actress. Odd choices, but it works for me.

Anyway, here’s the page for the season.

Also, look at it!

[image]

My first impresstions.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 09:45 (1049 days ago) @ CougRon

From both the trailer and the extra stuff from the dedicated website.

Interesting prospect. Honestly the best thing for me about this reveal is the 6-man activity, which thus far has ALWAYS been fun more then a few times. Those trend to be a real winner, so I'm pleased about that. What I'm a touch less pleased with is this seasons exotic. Stasis on demand? On a SIDEARM? Oh... oh dear. On a Heavy this is fine, but this thing probably doesn't use heavy bricks.

To that end, on to the extra stuff shown on the site.

[image]

The two biggest things for me off the calendar is this; Raid Difficulty Options & Epilogue. First one I think explains its self, but the 2nd one, why that one? Because this is the first time they have openly declared "something happens" (and we understand what that means). Which, for me means the day to do all the "season end" stuff (like many of us shall be doing this week) should really be finished the day before to prevent conflicts with the event. Get the homework done before the fire works. To me, at least, that is very helpful. As a side note; I've been expecting some "thing" would happen at the end of this season too, but now I'm not so sure. If they have it here for next season, wouldn't they have said something about this week as well to keep with the social philosophy? ...eh... anyway...

Ok, so I spoke about the exotic weapon already (it's apparently called "Cryosthesia 77k"), and Season of the Splicer Universal Ornaments look decent enough, overshadowed by Transmog as they may be... soo... how bout this seasons armor exotics? Granted we won't know till we get hands on, much like Icefall Mantle which sounded OP on paper (until we realized the drawbacks)...

Star-Eater Scales - Allows Hunters to feast upon Orbs of Power, charging their Super more quickly and making it more potent.

[image]

Well, visual first... if anyone here voted sea monster, you'll at least be getting some of that aesthetic. Then again, I suppose it doesn't matter as these are boots and St0mp-EE5 addiction is a real thing for alot of Hunter players. The real question is... what does "potent" mean in Bungie Speak for a super? Potent like the power from Celestial Nighthawk? Potent like the super uptime you can have with Raiden Flux? One last thing, by the sound of it, it's like it's set up to play as a "exotic" charged-with-light mod.

The Path of Burning Steps - Titan armor that converts Solar eliminations into increased weapon damage and makes them more difficult to lock down with Stasis.

[image]

Like a true Titan exotic, this description seems very direct. Anything that fights back Stasis I like by default. Add Weapon damage boosts and well, this may get me to switch off of Phoenix Cradle. I'll end this with... hope that glow changes with shaders!

Boots of the Assembler - Condenses a Warlock rifts’ healing or empowering energy into projectiles that seek out their allies to bless them with noble benefits.

[image]

Right off the bat; I hope these Stack with Lumina, much like how Thorn stacks with Necrotic Grip. If so I hope this becomes a new exclusive trend with Warlock exotics as it makes so much sense per the fantasy of the class.

That said, if I read this right it sounds like this replaces rift much like how Icefall Mantle does with the Titan Wall. In my head, I see a Warlock doing a "hand gun animation" with customary sound effects and every thing to pull this off, and so if this is not what happens... I SHALL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED! ;D

Other than that, well, we'll see. Sidenote; I sure hope you're working on an exotic the does something with Void Middle Tree Bungie! (Among other things that need to be done with Void Middle Tree).

I'll end this with... Bioshock crossover? I don't see it.

That's all I have to say for now.

My first impresstions.

by squidnh3, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 09:52 (1049 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Well, visual first... if anyone here voted sea monster, you'll at least be getting some of that aesthetic.

Not enough tentacles.

My first impresstions.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 10:00 (1049 days ago) @ squidnh3

Well, visual first... if anyone here voted sea monster, you'll at least be getting some of that aesthetic.

Not enough tentacles.

Sea monster, not space monster.

My first impresstions.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 10:19 (1049 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The bad guys from bioshock were referred to as “splicers”

Splicers. Ha. I get it.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 12:17 (1049 days ago) @ CougRon

The bad guys from bioshock were referred to as “splicers”

For some reason my brain automatically presumed that you were talking about visual style. I stand corrected and concur with the reference.

Well that was fast...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 12:19 (1049 days ago) @ CougRon

TL;DR - Apparently coded something or another in the trailer... 7D4-PKR-MD7.

Well that was fast...

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 15:07 (1049 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Actually looks like pieces of the puzzle were sent to various streamers.

Well that was fast...

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 16:42 (1049 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That sounds super fucking lame.

Well that was fast...

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 18:41 (1049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Eh. It's a cool emblem. And a fast way to get the word out.

Well that was fast...

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 08:59 (1048 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I guess. I get it. Maybe this is just an old man yells at clouds moment. Giving shit to streamers just feels like shitty community interaction, but maybe that’s just my bias against streamers coming through, too.

Well that was fast...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, May 07, 2021, 09:46 (1046 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I guess. I get it. Maybe this is just an old man yells at clouds moment. Giving shit to streamers just feels like shitty community interaction, but maybe that’s just my bias against streamers coming through, too.

You do indeed seem to intensely dislike streamers in general...

Well that was fast...

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 07, 2021, 10:42 (1046 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by cheapLEY, Friday, May 07, 2021, 10:46

I don’t hate streamers in general. Shit, I just got hit pretty hard this week finding out that three of the founding members of Giant Bomb are leaving the site, and they were mostly just streamers that had a connection to old games media. I watch plenty of people play Bloodborne and Dark Souls.

My disdain for streamers is exactly from stuff like this, where Bungie replaces actual community interaction with interacting with streamers as if they alone are the community and speak for all of us.

And I recognize that might not even be a real thing that’s happening, and it’s just a bias because it’s what I see because I’m not on any social media where I could even possibly see any other form of interaction.

I do hate Datto, though, fuck that guy.

I have an irrationally strong reaction to this image

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, May 07, 2021, 10:59 (1046 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don’t hate streamers in general. Shit, I just got hit pretty hard this week finding out that three of the founding members of Giant Bomb are leaving the site, and they were mostly just streamers that had a connection to old games media. I watch plenty of people play Bloodborne and Dark Souls.

My disdain for streamers is exactly from stuff like this, where Bungie replaces actual community interaction with interacting with streamers as if they alone are the community and speak for all of us.

And I recognize that might not even be a real thing that’s happening, and it’s just a bias because it’s what I see because I’m not on any social media where I could even possibly see any other form of interaction.

I do hate Datto, though, fuck that guy.

[image]
Whenever I see it my blood pressure increases...

Well that was fast...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 07, 2021, 11:42 (1046 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, May 07, 2021, 11:51

To your second point, if you look at whom they invited from the community to look at Warmind… it was streamers mostly. I do think it's not a fiction, but of course you are right and we may not be seeing the whole picture.

But the real crux is that a game that's good for streamers is not necessarily a game good for players. Streaming is a very specific niche, and they want certain things out of their games. They need a game they can play a lot, and often, that people will want to watch them play. Certain things are better for streaming than others. The biggest is actually required time investment. If they can get things through time investment most people can't, that draws in viewers who want to see them get or do that thing.

I'll never forget when Datto said he "didn't feel like Destiny was respecting his time". His solution? More Grind. Not less. This perfectly illustrates the difference in mentality.

Generally, I see two types of streamers. Those who have a good personality and add humor or insight to playthroughs, or those who are highly skilled or decorated who people watch to see things they can't yet do or acquire. Most often, changes to loot based or MMO games to appeal to the second group are bad for the game in general (since they generally focus on increasing the required time investment), while for things like FPS, Fighting, or RTS/MOBA they can improve the game for everyone since it's about depth and skill ceiling.

Well that was fast...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 07, 2021, 13:26 (1046 days ago) @ Cody Miller

To your second point, if you look at whom they invited from the community to look at Warmind… it was streamers mostly. I do think it's not a fiction, but of course you are right and we may not be seeing the whole picture.

But the real crux is that a game that's good for streamers is not necessarily a game good for players. Streaming is a very specific niche, and they want certain things out of their games. They need a game they can play a lot, and often, that people will want to watch them play. Certain things are better for streaming than others. The biggest is actually required time investment. If they can get things through time investment most people can't, that draws in viewers who want to see them get or do that thing.

I'll never forget when Datto said he "didn't feel like Destiny was respecting his time". His solution? More Grind. Not less. This perfectly illustrates the difference in mentality.

Generally, I see two types of streamers. Those who have a good personality and add humor or insight to playthroughs, or those who are highly skilled or decorated who people watch to see things they can't yet do or acquire. Most often, changes to loot based or MMO games to appeal to the second group are bad for the game in general (since they generally focus on increasing the required time investment), while for things like FPS, Fighting, or RTS/MOBA they can improve the game for everyone since it's about depth and skill ceiling.

You didn't explicitly mention that streamers have become a big part of Bungie's marketing engine, and I don't think it was planned at all. I think Bungie saw how negative feedback from streamers could (did?) hurt them, and they've been courting that vote ever since.

And you see other developers courting that vote, trying to convert streamers to an upcoming release, much like sports teams trying to recruit star players.

We end up with more games intended to be lifestyles. I don't begrudge anyone who likes this change. I wish I had more time for it myself.

Well that was fast...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 07, 2021, 14:02 (1046 days ago) @ Kermit

I think Bungie saw how negative feedback from streamers could (did?) hurt them, and they've been courting that vote ever since.

Feedback based on making the game be a better game for streaming. That's where it's misguided to just listen to them.

Fixed.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 07, 2021, 16:00 (1046 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I do hate KackisHD, though, fuck that guy.

OMG, I totally agree! What are the odds! ;D

Well that was fast...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 18:59 (1049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Duh. Become a streamer dude.

Well that was fast...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 07:04 (1049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I decided to become a streamer during the latest gen console launch. Apparently, if you have 5 followers you get a free console. This is also why there is a console shortage. Everyone knows this.

Well that was fast...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 08:33 (1048 days ago) @ ManKitten

I decided to become a streamer during the latest gen console launch. Apparently, if you have 5 followers you get a free console. This is also why there is a console shortage. Everyone knows this.

But if you’re streaming you already have a console!

The rich just get richer man.

New Ikora voice

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 12:59 (1049 days ago) @ CougRon

No Nathan, no Morena, no Gina. Bungie has finally cancelled Firefly from Destiny.

I had the same sad thought.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 11:20 (1048 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 11:38 (1048 days ago) @ Kermit

It’s a bummer, but I honestly find it sort of exciting. If it means they get replaced with actors that are more available so that those characters can actually take part in the story, that’s only a good thing. I love Zavala, but I’m kind of tired of him being the person I have to talk to for everything all the time because he’s the only one they can get to record new lines. Ikora has been standing on that wrinkled rug (seriously, what the fuck, take a little pride in your little space and straighten that damn thing out) doing absolutely nothing for entirely too long.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 11:51 (1048 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ikora has been standing on that wrinkled rug (seriously, what the fuck, take a little pride in your little space and straighten that damn thing out) doing absolutely nothing for entirely too long.

Traveler, Bless This Mess

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 13:17 (1048 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Oh jesus christ. What’s the “Live. Laugh. Love.” of the Destiny universe?

by squidnh3, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 13:21 (1048 days ago) @ cheapLEY

"Shard. Super. Shoot."

Dance, Laugh, Shoot

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 13:37 (1048 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

“Live. Laugh. Love.”

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 20:20 (1048 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Eververse. Eververse. Than one more time, but I'm afraid what might happen if I do.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 14:31 (1048 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It’s a bummer, but I honestly find it sort of exciting. If it means they get replaced with actors that are more available so that those characters can actually take part in the story, that’s only a good thing. I love Zavala, but I’m kind of tired of him being the person I have to talk to for everything all the time because he’s the only one they can get to record new lines. Ikora has been standing on that wrinkled rug (seriously, what the fuck, take a little pride in your little space and straighten that damn thing out) doing absolutely nothing for entirely too long.

I hope, for the firefly alumni, that busyness is the reason, and agree that that would be good if it meant more cutscenes and story-telling. I'd prefer the latter AND the Firefly cast.

I Don't Like That.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, May 07, 2021, 09:58 (1046 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ikora didn't do anything because Bungie didn't give her anything to do. In the spirit of helping alleviate FOMO and to mollify the fans that "we're listening", all players are no longer allowed to play anything not in the endgame ever again. Bungie's "advancing the plot" with this seasonal stuff, but they're not advancing the plot. Two years, almost three, and you still haven't found a VO to introduce as the new Hunter Vanguard? Or hell, even found an old VO? "No Hunter wants to take his place"? Give me a break. By that logic, they should just fire literally everyone but Lance.

Fallen Babys.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 09:01 (1048 days ago) @ CougRon

Why am I making this post? Why am I kicking this wholly emotional stone? On the internet. Shit, I really am crazy, and dumb... and... probably a few other things. Gassy? Eh.

If you jump around the other corners of the Destiny Gamer-verse, you may have seen folks chattering about this. Perhaps chattering is the wrong word, how about - LOSING THEIR COLLECTIVE MINDS!

Why yes, each letter is a link, thank you for noticing.

[image]

So. Am I alone here in finding what are at this point basically sheathed shadowy cotton balls with glowy eyes, in no way cute what so ever? To add, if you find 'em cute, power to ya, but... it really feels like among all the cuteness out there, we're really lowering the bar here. We've already zoomed to the pet name phase. Furthermore, is "Madman yells at cloud" a thing? LOL. I don't get it, and I'm not sure I like it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[image]

#SmollenGang

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, May 05, 2021, 12:50 (1048 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Fallen Babys.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, May 10, 2021, 16:10 (1043 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

This is a race dedicated to our extinction. I'm with you; kill 'em all.

Fallen Babys.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, May 10, 2021, 17:59 (1043 days ago) @ Chappy

This is a race dedicated to our extinction. I'm with you; kill 'em all.

Uhhhh... well that escalated quickly. I wasn't condoning infanticide. I was simply thinking out loud my bewilderment to the insta-Awwwing that exploded onto the internet for what is basically swaddled glowing eyes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saladin all up in here

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, May 10, 2021, 20:38 (1043 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

How many y'all...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:58 (1041 days ago) @ CougRon

During the opening mission, after hearing Mithrax message, then seeing the crashed skiff off in the distance...

How many y'all just jumped right out and fell to their death? (raises hand)

How many y'all...

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:02 (1041 days ago) @ ManKitten

During the opening mission, after hearing Mithrax message, then seeing the crashed skiff off in the distance...

How many y'all just jumped right out and fell to their death? (raises hand)

I was very close, but I'm a hunter and abandoned that course with my triple jump in time.

This^

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 14, 2021, 12:53 (1039 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I haven't played much of the new content, but I thought that was a cool moment.

How many y'all...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, May 14, 2021, 12:05 (1039 days ago) @ ManKitten

Actually, I tried to go back up the way I came...lol didn't realize there was a slope heading upwards back to the ground.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread