TWAB - 6th of May 2021 - Seasonal Changes! (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 06, 2021, 14:55 (1056 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50325

There are a fair number of pictures in this one. I'm not going to be embedding them here, so now you know. Here is what to expect.

Skipping past the intro (which speaks about "spoilers") for those of us who are the

... type of player that wants to go into a fresh Season of Destiny content with no knowledge of what’s to come...

Rewards Preview- Fresh New Armors, as well as an updated way to earn some of them. Then Weapons, to which I should note out of the gate Hung Jury is come'n on home folks! Also, just like this season had a Grenade Launcher with chain reaction, next season looks like we get a fusion rifle. It's called Null Composure.

Patchwork - Some previews to the seasonal patch including;
Abilities, Aspects, and Fragments

• Colorblind Support
  • Sublcass Tuning

...plus a mention of future tuning plans.

Nav Mode [Updates] (Menu that appears when pulling out your Ghost)

• UI
  • H.E.L.M.

Glory, Valor, and Infamy

• Eververse Archive Filtering
  • Bright Engrams

General Things...

• Momentum Control and Team Scorched have returned and will be available as part of the weekly playlist rotation.
  • Added repeatable bounties to Shaw Han in the Cosmodrome.
  • Fixed an issue causing Vaulted gear to erroneously drop from strike-unique loot lists.
  • Added a full suite of Trace Rifle-focused armor mods to the game.

Patch notes are planned to drop, in full, around 10 AM PDT next Tuesday, right alongside the release of Season of the Splicer.

Ah, and one more thing before we go. While the following won’t happen in Update 3.2.0, we have some news concerning 2018 and 2019 Solstice of Heroes Armor Glows. In the April 22 TWAB article, it was stated that glows for these armor sets would not be supported by Armor Synthesis due to technical issues. Since the new 2020 ornament mechanics were well received, we were able to rework/rebuild how 2018 and 2019 glows worked to address the community's request.

Our current plan is to make these glows into universal ornament sets like 2020 Solstice of Heroes Universal Armor Ornaments. This fix will have some limitations. These ornaments will not be updated to support Stasis, but will support Solar, Arc, or Void subclasses. In addition, the granted ornaments will be for the legendary armor set from each year only. Players who acquired any subclass type glow for that year/slot will receive the corresponding Legendary Universal Ornament for all three classes.

We are hoping to have this fix deployed by Solstice of Heroes 2021, but we cannot yet guarantee the date. Stay tuned to future TWAB’s for additional information.

After that it's; Seasonal Stuff is gone when it ends, Shard your Shaders, MAINTENANCE TIMELINE, resolved issues with the coming patch, and known issues.

Then we find videos and a whole bunch of fallen hatchling pictures.

All in all that's it. :)

HUNG JURY

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 06, 2021, 14:57 (1056 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Am I the only one excited about Light/Beware?

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, May 06, 2021, 16:18 (1056 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I have so many fond memories of Light/Beware as my secondary and I was so sad when it disappeared in the Taken King. Alas, the game has changed so much that I'm worried it may not be as awesome as I remember.

My D1 version had Double Down (initial spawn with extra ammo), Life Support (extra ammo near death) and armor piercing rounds. In other words it was an add clearing monster. I even used it in crucible and would spawn with like 26 rounds in year 1. This was the gun that made me intrigued about fusion rifles as a unique concept.

Also, HUNG JURY! That one's pretty good. I had one with firefly, triple tap and hand-laid stock. That was an add monster as well and I used it heavily on my solo Crota runs.

So... do you think Fatebringer will be kinetic or energy? Will it be exotic like the adept version? One of the things that made it so powerful was that it was an elemental primary, but that isn't anything special now.

Am I the only one excited about Light/Beware?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 06, 2021, 16:50 (1056 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Also, HUNG JURY! That one's pretty good. I had one with firefly, triple tap and hand-laid stock. That was an add monster as well and I used it heavily on my solo Crota runs.

My second favorite scout rifle behind vision of confluence. I can't think of it wihout picturing the add phase of Golgoroth.

Forgot that Plug One used the same body. :-(

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, May 06, 2021, 23:37 (1056 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

A dmg update = Bread Man's Tale

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, May 06, 2021, 17:02 (1056 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Come on EIRENE!

by nico, Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 10:01 (1052 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

My favorite looking sniper, loved the Faucon SS1 scope on that.

(Collected quite a few those snipers, still have nine of them in my vault.)

I see what you did there.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 14, 2021, 11:26 (1049 days ago) @ nico

- No text -

Brilliant call back? <3 Sorry if I helped "ear-worm" you*NM*

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, June 03, 2021, 08:24 (1029 days ago) @ nico
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, June 03, 2021, 09:02

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread