Pro Tip, for anyone working on the Cryosthesia catalyst (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, May 16, 2021, 10:28 (1048 days ago)

Unlike EVERY OTHER EXOTIC CATALYST IN THE GAME, the catalyst that masterworks the Cryosthesia 77k sidearm has to be earned in an odd way. (I wasn't seeing progress, so I did some experimenting to learn this.)

You must have it equipped. (This isn't unusual. :) )

YOU WILL NOT GET ANY PROGRESS FOR USING IT. (This is stupid. Not just unusual, but stupid - it's not stated anywhere, it's completely different than any other exotic in the game... that's stupid.)

You will not get progress for using whatever Heavy you've got equipped.

YOU WILL ONLY GET PROGRESS FOR YOUR ENERGY WEAPON KILLS (as long as Cryosthesia is equipped). You need 700 of them.

Here's hoping this saves someone some headaches.

Pro Tip, for anyone working on the Cryosthesia catalyst

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 16, 2021, 11:10 (1048 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Unlike EVERY OTHER EXOTIC CATALYST IN THE GAME, the catalyst that masterworks the Cryosthesia 77k sidearm has to be earned in an odd way. (I wasn't seeing progress, so I did some experimenting to learn this.)

YOU WILL NOT GET ANY PROGRESS FOR USING IT. (This is stupid. Not just unusual, but stupid - it's not stated anywhere, it's completely different than any other exotic in the game... that's stupid.)

YOU WILL ONLY GET PROGRESS FOR YOUR ENERGY WEAPON KILLS (as long as Cryosthesia is equipped). You need 700 of them.

In addition, level 22 in the paid season pass quadruples earnings, so it may be best to not really push onto this task till that point.

Pro Tip, for anyone working on the Cryosthesia catalyst

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, May 16, 2021, 11:12 (1048 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

In addition, level 22 in the paid season pass quadruples earnings, so it may be best to not really push onto this task till that point.

Yeah, that's the quest to EARN the catalyst, not the unlocking of the catalyst... but you're absolutely right, your progress on that particular part is much faster after level 22.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread