Moon's done. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 17, 2021, 12:44 (1034 days ago)

So as a challenge to myself (and to prepare for the soon-to-open Grandmaster Nightfalls), I decided to see if I could solo flawless each of the Master Lost Sectors. It had cycled back around to the moon this weekend, so starting Monday, I ran each of the four lost sectors carefully. Final one was today.

[image]

Gotta say - these actually get to be fun after a while. (They were WORK when I started.)

Moon's done.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 17, 2021, 13:39 (1034 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That’s awesome! I still wish that stuff was more accessible and not hidden behind the power grind, because it’s genuinely some of my favorite stuff in Destiny. I’ve done some solo, but never Flawlessly.

Yeah, definitely easier as you get higher.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 17, 2021, 14:31 (1034 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That’s awesome! I still wish that stuff was more accessible and not hidden behind the power grind, because it’s genuinely some of my favorite stuff in Destiny. I’ve done some solo, but never Flawlessly.

They're at-level for me now (though I've done a few at 1330, as well)... I'm not sure I could consistently finish them without dying if I were underleveled. (I mean, they're easier than they used to be - not so long ago, there was a time limit, as well. If you didn't finish them FAST, you were booted to orbit. Okay, not fast. But faster than I feel like it's safe, sometimes.)

Now, you just have to be careful. If you're going for flawless, it doesn't matter if you run out of revives - cause you were gonna kick YOURSELF to orbit if you died anyway.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 17, 2021, 14:36 (1034 days ago) @ Claude Errera

(I mean, they're easier than they used to be - not so long ago, there was a time limit, as well. If you didn't finish them FAST, you were booted to orbit.

Why would the game boot you to orbit while you are still playing an activity?

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 17, 2021, 15:04 (1034 days ago) @ Cody Miller

(I mean, they're easier than they used to be - not so long ago, there was a time limit, as well. If you didn't finish them FAST, you were booted to orbit.

Why would the game boot you to orbit while you are still playing an activity?

Because there was a time limit. You had to finish in 15 (or 20, depending on the level) minutes or The Darkness Enveloped You. (Now it still says that, but at the time limit all of your revives go away, so the next death ends the activity. You're allowed to finish the current run.)

It's not exactly like Nightfalls, where it's just that the scoring gets borked - because the score doesn't really matter in Lost Sectors. (There are no rewards for score thresholds, and no triumphs tied to a specific score.) I guess they decided (when they opened these lost sectors, a year ago or so) that in place of reducing an irrelevant score, they'd simply put a hard stop in at a fixed time.

That changed a few months ago, I think. Or at the beginning of this season? I don't remember. Now you can take as long as you want, as long as you don't die.

Amazing Job, Man...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, June 17, 2021, 15:38 (1034 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I know the Shriker in Revelation killed me a lot more than I'd have liked... ;-) Well done!

Amazing Job, Man...

by Claude Errera @, Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:50 (1033 days ago) @ Morpheus

I know the Shriker in Revelation killed me a lot more than I'd have liked... ;-) Well done!

Heh - shrieker wasn't too bad. Kill everything in range before you pass the last box in the first area - shrieker won't open. (Passing the box means all bets are off.)

Once it's totally clear, run to the bridge - he generally opens as you step on (or near). You've got a second or two of peace - I used Anarchy, tagged him, quickly got behind a box. Tick, tick, tick... he's dead.

The second Unstoppable Ogre (heading counterclockwise from the bottom) actually gave me the most trouble. There's not a huge distance between where he spawns and where you have to be to MAKE him spawn... I ended up tagging him, then running like hell back towards the beginning. Eventually I managed to kill him before his absolutely deadly void blast touched me. (If only I had a void Falling Cuirass, so I could add some void resistence!)

Also, Anarchy

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 18, 2021, 13:21 (1033 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Moon's done.

by uber_chaos, Thursday, June 17, 2021, 17:25 (1034 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was really hoping this was gonna be a “moon’s haunted” kind of deal. Alas. Well done.

Moon's done.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 17, 2021, 21:36 (1034 days ago) @ uber_chaos

Not after Wu it isn't

Moon's Exorcised

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 18, 2021, 06:29 (1033 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Moon's done.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:45 (1033 days ago) @ uber_chaos

I was really hoping this was gonna be a “moon’s haunted” kind of deal. Alas. Well done.

I actually thought about that, but couldn't come up with a good way to frame it. Sorry.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread