Uhhh... What's happening in the tower? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:38 (1031 days ago)

This. This looks... yeah... ...this is bad, isn't it? What did I miss?
(I've only been "away-ish" for two weeks. Had myself a slight sabbatical from Destiny, and what happens! :P)

Uhhh... What's happening in the tower?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:45 (1031 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

(I've only been "away-ish" for two weeks. Had myself a slight sabbatical from Destiny, and what happens! :P)

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my [CITY] go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."

-Gaurdian

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 13:15 (1031 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Chappy, Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 13:20

Recall the Dreaming City; slowly consumed by taken energy over 3 weeks due to the machinations of Savathûn. Now look at the tower again and worry.

The vex network artifacts have been increasing in number and prominence for the last 3 weeks. You may not have noticed the very subtle presence of week 1 when you left, but now it's impossible to miss. Kinda makes you wonder what Quria might be up to, right?

Yes.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 15:12 (1031 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm both giddy as hell and absolutely furious at the characters. Well played, Bungie!

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 10:19 (1030 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Make sure to tackle the seasonal missions they will explain the... happenings.

Answer. (And A slight rant.)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 12:45 (1030 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 13:25

The DARKNESS!... no, well... kinda? I've played the story connected stuff, so at least I'm now up to date. Thing is, and this is part of why I made a post; Why is there NO reaction in the tower? At all.

The lack of proper reaction the "space tumors" is simply a total buzz kill for me. This should be a foreboding atmosphere of what is to come. Story wise it certainly is, textually, but I ain't SEEING IT! This "living" world. The lightless in the tower should be FREEKING OUT! Or... shall we say, not even at the tower? "Moved to a safe location closer to the Traveler"... yada yada yada. Would it really be so hard to turn the visibility off and add some text by Zavala? At the very VERY MINIMUM. Maybe give a music change?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also it's kind of a bummer that you only see the "space tumors" around the center hub. Everywhere else in the tower it's as if nothing new is happening during this "long night". It's... a shame. This is cool.

Possible explanation

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 21:36 (1030 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You're the only Splicer there. No one has been reacting to the Vex light constructs getting worse either, so it could be that we're the only ones seeing it.

Am I stretching it in Bungie's benefit? Definitely. Is it a possibility? Kinda, yeah.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread