It's happening (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 02, 2021, 11:13 (1022 days ago)

https://ew.com/tv/hbo-the-last-of-us-set-photo-pedro-pascal-gabriel-luna/

Hey Kermit, you can finally enjoy the story without that pesky GAME thing getting in the way. :-p

It's happening

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, July 02, 2021, 12:06 (1022 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hey Kermit, you can finally enjoy the story without that pesky GAME thing getting in the way. :-p

Hey now! I LIKE the gameplay and definitely felt like the tension involved in playing made the story work. All those death animations were like seeing glimpses of Joel's nightmares.

It's happening

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 02, 2021, 16:11 (1022 days ago) @ Kermit

Hey now! I LIKE the gameplay and definitely felt like the tension involved in playing made the story work. All those death animations were like seeing glimpses of Joel's nightmares.

Then I confused you with someone else. Lol.

It's happening

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, July 04, 2021, 02:16 (1020 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I dunno what it was about that game, but I just could never figure out how to do it right. And I normally like stealth.

It's happening

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 05, 2021, 05:00 (1019 days ago) @ stabbim

The game does have a few difficulty spikes early on, but the pay off sticking to it is tremendous.

It's happening

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 05, 2021, 11:57 (1019 days ago) @ stabbim

If you ever have the chance, you should play the sequel. The Last of Us II genuinely has some of the best stealth action gameplay of any game I’ve ever played.

It's happening

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 05, 2021, 21:49 (1019 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah but no cardboard box…

[image]

It's happening

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 06, 2021, 04:22 (1018 days ago) @ cheapLEY

If you ever have the chance, you should play the sequel. The Last of Us II genuinely has some of the best stealth action gameplay of any game I’ve ever played.

I probably didn’t get far enough into the second to notice any big innovations in gameplay that cheapley is referring to. So my impression is that playing a Last of Us game because of a gameplay mechanic is like eating ice cream because you like the taste of the cones. The gameplay is good, but the writing and acting are what make the games worth playing. If that aspect didn’t draw you into the first one, I don’t know, man. While we’re here, the Empire Strikes Back is great but I wouldn’t recommend you skip the first one.

It's happening

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, July 06, 2021, 07:21 (1018 days ago) @ Kermit

I did finally watch that playthrough series of the first game that you recommended to me, actually pretty recently! So I've at least got the story part now.

Cool!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 06, 2021, 09:33 (1018 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

It's happening

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 06, 2021, 10:51 (1018 days ago) @ Kermit

In my opinion it didn’t really innovate or change much over the first one. There are minor things like dogs which track you, and being a third party having to avoid two other factions in conflict with each other, but I didn’t find it significantly different. Some of the one off areas are cool though, like the sniper.

For me I played it 100% for the story and non combat sections.

It's happening

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 06, 2021, 18:23 (1018 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That’s likely because you played it like you would have played the first one. The game allows for much more free form play than the first one did, with the ability to play cat and mouse in a much more interesting way. And, unlike the first game, it remains fun (with actually good control feel) when the bullets start flying.

Good to hear.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 06, 2021, 20:04 (1018 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread