California Suing Blizzard (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 22, 2021, 07:29 (981 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, July 22, 2021, 07:38

https://aboutblaw.com/YJw

The Department of Fair Employment and housing is suing Blizzard over constant discrimination, sexual harassment, and pay disparity of female employees. It was so bad even one employee killed herself.

Keep an eye on this and consider before you buy Diablo 2 Resurrected, or anything from Blizzard ever again.

California Suing Blizzard

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 22, 2021, 15:43 (981 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, July 22, 2021, 15:56

Remember when allegations like this (though not as serious as harassing someone to suicide) were made against Bungie back in the day and no one gave a shit? I’m glad we’re not there anymore. Except watch the sales of Diablo 2 and Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 be sky high, so we probably are still there.

This is a fucking travesty.

The thing I don’t get is why is the government suing them instead of arresting people?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 22, 2021, 16:50 (981 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, July 22, 2021, 16:58

Remember when allegations like this (though not as serious as harassing someone to suicide) were made against Bungie back in the day and no one gave a shit?

I actually don't… elaborate.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/bungie-promises-zero-tolerance-for-harassment-following-activision-allegations/

We have a zero-tolerance policy at Bungie for environments that support this toxic culture, and we are committed to rooting them out to defend those who are at risk.

Women, POC, and underrepresented communities have nothing to gain by reliving their trauma. We believe them when they come forward with reports of abuse or harassment.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 22, 2021, 18:31 (981 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Remember when allegations like this (though not as serious as harassing someone to suicide) were made against Bungie back in the day and no one gave a shit?

I actually don't… elaborate.

I honestly cannot find any stories about it. I do remember it was mostly centered around their terrible treatment of contractors in the studio. I seem to remember their being some sexual harassment accusations, as well, but that might very well be my mind filling in gaps.

I thought it was back in the time frame between Halo 3 and Halo Reach, but the only reference I can find to Bungie and contractors is in the lead up to Destiny, and Bungie denying that Activision made them fire any contractors. What I'm thinking of was earlier than that, if my memory hasn't totally failed me.

Maybe this one?

by Robot Chickens, Friday, July 23, 2021, 00:24 (980 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Maybe this one?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, July 23, 2021, 05:30 (980 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I don’t think so. That’s the only thing I could find last night, though.

Maybe my memory is fuzzy enough that I’m mixing up multiple things, but I could swear it was much earlier than that, during the Halo days. I
don’t recall it being about anyone being fired, just general poor treatment of contractors.

Maybe this one?

by squidnh3, Friday, July 23, 2021, 07:05 (980 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don’t recall it being about anyone being fired, just general poor treatment of contractors.

I also have a vague recollection of this. I think there was Glassdoor review kerfuffle, and also Battuta posted some unfortunate things here about the crunch he went through on Destiny.

They seem to be aware

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, July 23, 2021, 08:44 (980 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don’t think so. That’s the only thing I could find last night, though.

Maybe my memory is fuzzy enough that I’m mixing up multiple things, but I could swear it was much earlier than that, during the Halo days. I
don’t recall it being about anyone being fired, just general poor treatment of contractors.

from their statement

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread