Well, that was fun. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 09:40 (947 days ago)

If you didn't watch the livestream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1128048548

Highlights (for me) were the Luke Smith/Jason Jones interview (starts around 56:20 or so), the 30-year retrospective (not just because I'm in it, but because it triggered all sorts of memories - starts around 1:30:30), and the Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack (1:35:00), even though it means money I didn't want to spend.

Go watch!

Well, that was fun.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 09:43 (947 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Highlights (for me) were the Luke Smith/Jason Jones interview (starts around 56:20 or so), the 30-year retrospective (not just because I'm in it, but because it triggered all sorts of memories - starts around 1:30:30), and the Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack (1:35:00), even though it means money I didn't want to spend.

Go watch!

The Anniversary Pack (at least how it was presented) was the first time I've ever thought "I'll pay it! How much is it? Doesn't matter...I'll pay it!"

Well, that was fun.

by aftercompletion, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 09:44 (947 days ago) @ Claude Errera

too much claude in the stream for my tastes, personally

I hear that!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 09:47 (947 days ago) @ aftercompletion

- No text -

Well, that was fun.

by squidnh3, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 09:46 (947 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I really enjoyed this one too, despite my constant terror of gameplay changes.

One of my friends just noted Eris's seeming absence from the trailer. I hope that is a sign of interesting things.

It seems I say this for every reveal . . .

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 10:39 (947 days ago) @ Claude Errera

. . . but this might be the most excited I’ve been for Destiny in quite a while.

Well, that was fun.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 10:43 (947 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm glad you mentioned the Jones interview. I joined a little late and missed it when I first watched.

I thought it was the most interesting interview he's given.

Dang!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 10:56 (947 days ago) @ Kermit

I missed my 10 minute window getting into the store watching it.

Well, that was fun.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 11:04 (947 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That WAS fun. Shit... it would take Bungie 7 years to finally get their act together.

It was pretty okay, I'll definitely buy in!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 11:23 (947 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Go watch!

Nice to see them borrowing more tried-and-true ideas from Warframe! :P

My biggest draw is the Legendary difficulty, assuming it's not just spongier enemies... Which it will most likely just be, but hey, fingers crossed!

Also, those Anniversary armor sets (not the Marathon ones) are neat! I need pieces of each one, so that's $45 out the window assuming they're at the standard $15 rate.

And those are some great changes to Trials (you're saved, Insane!)
Can't wait to see that Friend and Clan list populated today!

PS. Absolutely loved that "F*** Racism" made it into the video, as well as the inclusive clubs and events. I'm glad Bungie took the time to remind us about the importance of keeping racists, bigots, misogynists, and all those other dangerous incels out of our communities. It's why I have always loved them as a dev.

Good stuff! Can't wait to see what kinds of bonds crossplay helps us form!

It was pretty okay, I'll definitely buy in!

by squidnh3, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 12:12 (947 days ago) @ Korny

My biggest draw is the Legendary difficulty, assuming it's not just spongier enemies... Which it will most likely just be, but hey, fingers crossed!

I was excited by this one too, I've been complaining about the campaigns being way too easy to be memorable since D1. Hopefully it's independent of Power Level.

Hear hear!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 06:38 (946 days ago) @ Korny

PS. Absolutely loved that "F*** Racism" made it into the video, as well as the inclusive clubs and events. I'm glad Bungie took the time to remind us about the importance of keeping racists, bigots, misogynists, and all those other dangerous incels out of our communities. It's why I have always loved them as a dev.

Generally agreeing with what you said, but this particular bit made me smile.

Got me right in the heart when they showed Castle Wu...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 11:31 (947 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 12:38 (947 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Well, that was fun.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 15:35 (947 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I can’t do the timecode thing, but yeah—0:39.

rofl

HEY JASON JONES

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 21:59 (946 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Call me. I'll give you the best interview you've ever had. We wouldn't want the history of Bungie chronicle without you… would we?

Just ask any of the other 50 people I've already interviewed. They'll all say I'm cool.

HEY CODY MILLER

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, August 26, 2021, 09:09 (945 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's time for you to end your boycott. With crossplay, we can now play Destiny together. I think our pairing would be an undeniable force.

#Team ManMiller?
#Team CodyKitten?

You can't ignore the flirtatious tension between us for years.

HEY CODY MILLER

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 09:14 (945 days ago) @ ManKitten

It's time for you to end your boycott. With crossplay, we can now play Destiny together. I think our pairing would be an undeniable force.

#Team ManMiller?
#Team CodyKitten?

It’s not just cross play. I’m so glad that that’s in right now and I’m sure it will be great being able to bridge the gap and play with a bunch of people here you couldn’t before.

It’s about the grind. The design. The philosophy. The free to play and pass model. I’m not coming back unless all this changes. I just don’t want to play a game that has to suck my time away before I can get to the fun parts.

HEY CODY MILLER

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, August 26, 2021, 09:32 (945 days ago) @ Cody Miller

#Team ManMiller?
#Team CodyKitten?

It’s not just cross play. I’m so glad that that’s in right now and I’m sure it will be great being able to bridge the gap and play with a bunch of people here you couldn’t before.

It’s about the grind. The design. The philosophy. The free to play and pass model. I’m not coming back unless all this changes. I just don’t want to play a game that has to suck my time away before I can get to the fun parts.

You're not getting it. I am the fun parts. I am the one who knocks...

HEY CODY MILLER

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 09:34 (945 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 10:04

I won’t really try to convince to to play again. Destiny is still thoroughly Destiny. The microtransactions are as bad as they’ve ever been, but they also feel more easily ignored than ever, too.

The grind isn’t gone for things like Grand Master Nightfalls (and is probably the worst grind Destiny has ever had), but playing a new expansion and getting ready for the raid is not a grind at all, provided you like playing the rest of Destiny. Naturally just playing new content and doing some Crucible got me ready for Deep Stone Crypt, with literally no grinding at all. I won’t pretend I didn’t play an absurd amount of Destiny in that time, but it was all highly enjoyable, and I didn’t spend a single minute of it playing only to get ready for the raid—I’d have been playing and having fun anyway. Your mileage may vary in that regard, though.

More importantly, though, I straight up think the story is worth playing for. I won’t pretend that it’s like playing a Naughty Dog game, or anything, but logging in even just once a week and doing the weekly missions in an hour and getting the new story bit or cutscene has been a pretty good way to engage with Destiny, even if I don’t touch it again for the rest of the week.

HEY CODY MILLER

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 10:25 (945 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No weekly missions. I don’t want a game designed as a daily / weekly loop. The very core of that is unappealing to me.

If Destiny is somehow better in this regard than it was in Forsaken, I’ll have no way to know since I’m done.

HEY CODY MILLER

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 14:28 (945 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No weekly missions. I don’t want a game designed as a daily / weekly loop. The very core of that is unappealing to me.

If Destiny is somehow better in this regard than it was in Forsaken, I’ll have no way to know since I’m done.

You don't actually have to log in every week to play them, there's only so much in a single season and you can play them any time during the season.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread