What can I do in D2 for free? (Destiny)

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 00:19 (972 days ago)

Last Time I played was Forsaken.

What can I do in D2 for free?

by squidnh3, Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 06:44 (972 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

For sure, the Strike playlists, Crucible playlists (except now Trials), and Patrol (even on the worlds that are part of expansions), and the free season pass track (which includes the seasonal Exotic weapon). I'm pretty sure the Prophecy Dungeon is free as well.

Exactly which exotic quests are available and which weapons can drop for a "free" player is not easily ascertained.

Don't forget VoG

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 06:49 (972 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 13:33 (972 days ago) @ squidnh3

Do I still have access to all my Forsaken stuff?

If you bought it, it's yours.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 13:37 (972 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

you

by squidnh3, Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 13:50 (972 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Not totally sure what you mean by "stuff" here. If you mean, missions and quests etc., then unqualified yes. If you mean weapons and armor, you still have access to it but much of it will not be useful in high level content because it is stuck at power level 1100, and in fact may not even be current Armor 2.0 with higher level stats and the ability to slot current (and highly useful) mods. However, full sets of most of the Forsaken stuff has been "re-issued" at the current power level and with Armor 2.0 abilities, so you can easily re-earn the new versions.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 15:38 (971 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Nah man. Look up content vaulting.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 20:42 (971 days ago) @ Cody Miller

True enough. Not happy about that.

by squidnh3, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 07:01 (971 days ago) @ Kermit

True enough. Not happy about that.

I'm pretty sure nothing in Forsaken has been Vaulted...yet.

In fact, most of the new loop is in the Dreaming City

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 26, 2021, 08:52 (971 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

I’m bummed at the missed opportunity . . .

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 10:02 (971 days ago) @ ZackDark

It seems like base chest for the new activity (the one you don’t have to spent currency to open) would have been a perfect place to stick reissued Dreaming City gear.

It’s Next

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, August 29, 2021, 04:32 (968 days ago) @ squidnh3

I remember a tweet from Bungie somewhere explicitly saying that the Spider would be the first to go, and to get in as much smuggling as possible.

Vaulting legit keeps me from playing the game

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, September 01, 2021, 20:12 (964 days ago) @ Morpheus

would rather play d1

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 11:24 (971 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Last Time I played was Forsaken.

So usually there is a "Calendar" posted to show all the events that are to occur in a given season, but seeing as this season in particular is especially long, there doesn't seem to have been any such calendar posted yet. This may change with today's TWAB.

This has been mentioned already, but due to... a number of changes and "open experiments", most of the stuff you may have had (sans exotics) will be fundamentally useless in higher content. A digital rust, if you will.

Seeing as the last time you played was Forsaken, and thus completely missed Shadowkeep, I don't know if you'll be able to go to The Moon or not. Same with Beyond Light, where we are seasonally finishing now. I don't know if you'll be able to go to Europa.

If you can go to Europa, please let us know what you think. I for one was very impressed, and it would be interesting to find your take after such a long hiatus.

IIRC, all DLC intro missions and landing zones are f2p

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 26, 2021, 11:26 (971 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread