Wrong place, wrong time (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, September 01, 2021, 13:10 (939 days ago)

The Golden Gun in this clip wasn't even the real target - I missed the guy I was shooting at with my grenade. My lack of aiming, though, didn't help the GG any.

(This was a great game; we were about to lose, Saladman just told us it was almost over, 113-89. Our worst player decided that moment to quit, and we went on a tear... ended up winning it.)

Nice!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 01, 2021, 15:14 (939 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Hate being the worst player. It's why I play with Crucible with randos.

Wrong place, wrong time *vids*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 01, 2021, 19:17 (939 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The Golden Gun in this clip wasn't even the real target - I missed the guy I was shooting at with my grenade. My lack of aiming, though, didn't help the GG any.

(This was a great game; we were about to lose, Saladman just told us it was almost over, 113-89. Our worst player decided that moment to quit, and we went on a tear... ended up winning it.)

Grenade Launchers are just the best...

Speaking of which, maybe it's the shotgun nerfs, but boy does IB feel good this season. I played nine matches with folks last night, and Saladin had to call Mercy all nine games in a row, without a single match hitting the five minute mark:

[image]

This sums up the start of every match:
I know, I know, I should have held back and Desperado'd them. But wouldn't Spawnkilling them the moment they spawned be the funnier thing to try? The answer will always be yes.

This sums up the middle of every match:
Fun fact, this was a full-on Xbox vs Playstation match. They hit Orbit before Saladin could hit the final words of his sentence as he called it.

And this sums up the end of every match:
Love the bit where I fire a Nova Bomb at the guy, and it veers completely away from him because it decided to chase someone offscreen.

Bonus clip!

Ever see someone thread an Axion Bolt for a triple kill steal? :P

Good stuff!

Those are rookie numbers. We got 15 Mercys today

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, September 01, 2021, 22:16 (938 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

You gotta pump those numbers up, Korny!

That Doesn’t Seem Right To Me.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, September 03, 2021, 11:46 (937 days ago) @ ZackDark

By no means am I impugning anyone’s skill—lord knows I hate Crucible too much to be any good at it. But this sounds like a serious problem with the matchmaking system – nine and fifteen Mercies in a row? Not even wins, but straight up obliterations? I would certainly find that too strange to fully appreciate. I mean, it’s safe to assume it’s not the same teams/opponents. It still seems like “unfair” matchups.

by squidnh3, Friday, September 03, 2021, 12:28 (937 days ago) @ Morpheus

By no means am I impugning anyone’s skill—lord knows I hate Crucible too much to be any good at it. But this sounds like a serious problem with the matchmaking system – nine and fifteen Mercies in a row? Not even wins, but straight up obliterations? I would certainly find that too strange to fully appreciate. I mean, it’s safe to assume it’s not the same teams/opponents. It still seems like “unfair” matchups.

Matchmaking does seem a little loose at the moment, possibly related to crossplay. I'm not sure how they are doing matching between console populations at the moment.

That being said, the Iron Banner gametype is also practically designed to create blowouts. The slightest area control error or small delay in capturing a zone can be a 30+ point swing either way.

^this

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 03, 2021, 13:01 (937 days ago) @ squidnh3

The lockout when a 3-cap happens is almost always a sign of one team piling up the points. (There are definitely exceptions; I've had games where a lock means coming back from a huge deficit to win, or (worse) a lock happens, but the score doesn't change at all - but these are definitely the minority.)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 03, 2021, 14:22 (937 days ago) @ Morpheus

That's the thing though. our team was half and half in terms of PvP/PvE players, but someone mentioned that all of our seasonal IB K/Ds were 0.0, so maybe the game reset our matchups?
But according to Bungie, they don't think that SBMM is on in Iron Banner:

Calling it now . . .

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 03, 2021, 16:36 (937 days ago) @ Korny

Not using SBMM is absolutely the dumbest decision Bungie has ever made. Mercying 15 teams in a row is certainly funny, but I wouldn’t say it’s fun.

Ours was 3 vets, 3 absolutely new lights

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 04, 2021, 19:55 (936 days ago) @ Korny

Disclaimer, though: we were just having fun, the dudes hadn't even played Crucible at all before that :p

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread