30th Anniversary Bundle? (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 13:55 (897 days ago)

I was going to get it, but then saw it was $25. It includes a dungeon (that I probably won't play), Ghjhjallerhorn, but then it says "new weapons, armor, and much more".

For $25, I would prefer more information than "new weapons, armor, and much more".

So has anyone bought it that can elaborate the actual value of this bundle?

30th Anniversary Bundle?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 14:24 (897 days ago) @ ManKitten

There is a Thorn themed armor set, and at least one other armor set that’s fucking ugly. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or telhe other dropped from the dungeon. That info might be out there, I’ll look into it when I get home.

30th Anniversary Bundle?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 16:18 (897 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So there's 3 armor sets. The Thorn one, a Marathon themed one, and a Bungie themed "street wear" one.

A new Dungeon inspired by famed Cosmodrome loot caves of yore has drawn the interest of many a treasure hunter. Spelunk into the unknown, earn the new Thorn armor set, and watch your step as you hunt for lost relics.

So the Thorn set comes from the dungeon. It seems to be the central activity and source of goodies for the pack.

The Marathon and street wear sets are both ornaments, but no indication of how they unlock.

If you don't plan on doing the dungeon, it really seems like the money will mostly just go towards unlocking those armor ornaments.

Why wouldn't you play it, if you don't mind me asking?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 19:51 (896 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, October 14, 2021, 05:55 (896 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'm never high enough light for those kind of events.
I usually don't have enough time to commit to something like that.
There's rarely enough people online on my friends list to do so.

No negative reasons, it just doesn't fit into my normal play style.

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, October 14, 2021, 10:02 (896 days ago) @ ManKitten

I'm never high enough light for those kind of events.
I usually don't have enough time to commit to something like that.
There's rarely enough people online on my friends list to do so.

No negative reasons, it just doesn't fit into my normal play style.

You are probably in good shape now to tackle all the previous ones. I would love to do a dungeon crawl with you through the old stuff if you’re up for it.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 14, 2021, 10:05 (896 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I would love to help. The dungeons are legitimately the best things in Destiny at this point, and I hate to think someone is not playing them because they can’t (or just haven’t, maybe) put a team together to do them.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, October 14, 2021, 12:16 (896 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I would love to help. The dungeons are legitimately the best things in Destiny at this point, and I hate to think someone is not playing them because they can’t (or just haven’t, maybe) put a team together to do them.

Well, then I reckon to check my schedule and will make an event when I know I can do it. Dungeon Crawl Night. But we all have to buy at least one drink at each dungeon.

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, October 14, 2021, 16:11 (896 days ago) @ ManKitten

Well, then I reckon to check my schedule and will make an event when I know I can do it. Dungeon Crawl Night. But we all have to buy at least one drink at each dungeon.

Yay. Wednesday and Thursday nights are harder for me, but I have a lot more flexibility at other times.

^_^

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, October 14, 2021, 18:34 (896 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

I'll keep an eye out for the event!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, October 14, 2021, 19:07 (895 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 05:04 (891 days ago) @ ManKitten

Can’t play Tuesday or Wednesday nights, but I’d love to join another time.

30th Anniversary Bundle?

by rvphilip, Thursday, October 28, 2021, 09:34 (882 days ago) @ ManKitten

I tried to buy this last week but due to some issues my payment was not processed. WHich I think was a good omen, because I got to know from a friend that the bundle was quite useless it had no resourceful items. But I did get in touch with their dev who told me other than the resources or tools there were new chapters unlocked with the bundle. Not sure if it was actually a human or a chatbot development services that I interacted with. Coz the ideas were not clear.

^ Definitely a chatbot right?

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, October 28, 2021, 12:39 (882 days ago) @ ManKitten

Unless I'm horribly mistaken, the AI-esque attempt at gamer speech patterns is fascinating. Also, attempting to direct us to a chatbot site to suggest that it isn't a spam-bot is clever too.

Y’all need some Adidas?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 28, 2021, 12:53 (882 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Hey Stud! Sexy CHICKS in your <location variable>.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, October 28, 2021, 13:08 (882 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

^ Definitely a chatbot right?

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 28, 2021, 13:36 (882 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Unless I'm horribly mistaken, the AI-esque attempt at gamer speech patterns is fascinating. Also, attempting to direct us to a chatbot site to suggest that it isn't a spam-bot is clever too.

That was my first guess, too... but there isn't enough info to delete/ban him (it). I took a 'wait and see' attitude. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread