Hoonigan’s 1060hp Warthog. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 18, 2021, 17:06 (892 days ago)

This is old news, I guess. They’ve been talking about it for months and did a ten part build series on YouTube, but it’s worth showing off.

Hoonigan partnered with MS to build a Warthog. It’s not game accurate, but it still looks fucking cool, and, unlike every other “real” Warthog I’ve seen, this thing is the real deal in that it’s actually a functioning vehicle with real off-road capability.

Hoonigan’s 1060hp Warthog.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 18, 2021, 17:38 (892 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I started that, saw that it was 17 minutes, and said "there's no way I'm watching this whole thing."

I watched the whole thing.

That was really really good.

I dunno kinda looks like a puma

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 18, 2021, 18:16 (892 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 09:34 (892 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It's pretty darn rad but it's missing that one thing that makes a Warthog unique, that (as far as I know) has never been developed IRL. Each wheels independent drive train/suspension system. Even the Forza Horizon Warthog doesn't have it. Apparently, 343 killed this system?

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive20.pl?read=569917

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 09:37 (892 days ago) @ ManKitten

Yeah, since 343i took over in Halo 4, the Warthog just uses a traditional, modern day drivetrain.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 09:43 (892 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, since 343i took over in Halo 4, the Warthog just uses a traditional, modern day drivetrain.

and I say "pfft" to that.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 09:56 (892 days ago) @ ManKitten

and I say "pfft" to that.

Me too. I’m very pro-343i and them doing whatever they want with the art and style of Halo. I explicitly think that the ass end of Forward Unto Dawn being different in Halo 4 than it was in Halo 3 is a fantastically stupid thing to care even a little bit about.

I don’t even care that they redesigned the Warthog to have a real drivetrain and suspension, but I’m extremely fascinated by the reasoning, and I wish I knew why they did it. I honestly wonder if it’s because they had grander plans for Halo branching out into TV or movies, and making a Warthog that way is basically the only way to do it in real life, which means making game accurate props is much easier.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 10:33 (892 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I honestly wonder if it’s because they had grander plans for Halo branching out into TV or movies, and making a Warthog that way is basically the only way to do it in real life, which means making game accurate props is much easier.

I'll bet Ten Quadrillion Euros it's that. A little tear comes to my eye every time I see Halo whored out for something. Like this morning in the check out line seeing Master Chief on a package of Trolli gummy worms.

But I've digressed this tread topic. That Warthog is still pretty sweet.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 12:56 (892 days ago) @ ManKitten

I'll bet Ten Quadrillion Euros it's that.

Same. It's the only explanation that makes any sense to me.

The civvie model?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 19:17 (891 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread