Dungeon Crawl Week: Nov 2-5 (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Monday, November 01, 2021, 17:08 (900 days ago)
edited by Robot Chickens, Monday, November 01, 2021, 17:13

Hey all, there was some discussion not too long ago about running through the dungeons of Destiny because they are the best content in the game and everyone should experience them.

These events are for anyone who'd like to run through my favorite activities. My hope is that people who haven't been exposed to them will get a chance to experience them in a super low-pressure way. Anyone can join, but preference will be given to those who haven't done it yet. If we get a bunch of sign-ups, we can split into a couple parties.

Depending on how quickly these go, we can always run more than one in a night. I think it is perfectly feasible to run all of them in one evening but I won't push for that unless someone is interested.

Feel free to hit me up if you see me online for a drop-in.

^ Mankitten: You have been Summoned

by Robot Chickens, Monday, November 01, 2021, 17:09 (900 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

I'll do my best to make them!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, November 02, 2021, 09:16 (899 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Neat! Tentative; I've done all, but if ya need a third! ^_^

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, November 01, 2021, 18:01 (900 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Dungeon Crawl Week: Nov 2-5

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, November 01, 2021, 20:29 (900 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Hey all, there was some discussion not too long ago about running through the dungeons of Destiny because they are the best content in the game and everyone should experience them.

These events are for anyone who'd like to run through my favorite activities. My hope is that people who haven't been exposed to them will get a chance to experience them in a super low-pressure way. Anyone can join, but preference will be given to those who haven't done it yet. If we get a bunch of sign-ups, we can split into a couple parties.

Depending on how quickly these go, we can always run more than one in a night. I think it is perfectly feasible to run all of them in one evening but I won't push for that unless someone is interested.

Feel free to hit me up if you see me online for a drop-in.

+ done Shattered Throne once or twice before.
+ I need to complete the Archon quest on pit of Heresy sometime. Completed once on normal. I do got some items in my inventory that needs to be used sometime.
+ I think I’ve completed Prophesy at least once, definitely played through a sizable chunk but would like to go with a team to make sure.
+ only done Presage on normal solo with lots of deaths, so many deaths. haven’t done Presage on Hard is that the bonus version?

by Robot Chickens, Monday, November 01, 2021, 21:19 (900 days ago) @ CougRon

+ done Shattered Throne once or twice before.
+ I need to complete the Archon quest on pit of Heresy sometime. Completed once on normal. I do got some items in my inventory that needs to be used sometime.
+ I think I’ve completed Prophesy at least once, definitely played through a sizable chunk but would like to go with a team to make sure.
+ only done Presage on normal solo with lots of deaths, so many deaths. haven’t done Presage on Hard is that the bonus version?

Presage is not technically a dungeon so its a bonus activity. Its pretty doable, but hard would require some strategy because of the timer.

Night 1 Success

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, November 02, 2021, 23:01 (899 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Insane and Squid Rat-Kinged their way through the shattered realm. Following that, we crossed a bunch of items off of people's to-do lists. I imagine we can keep that practice going for future nights this week.

Thanks!

by squidnh3, Wednesday, November 03, 2021, 06:00 (899 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Glad to get those Nightmare Time Trials finally done, this was definitely the season to do that, much easier than in previous seasons.

Night 1 Success

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, November 03, 2021, 14:23 (898 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Insane and Squid Rat-Kinged their way through the shattered realm. Following that, we crossed a bunch of items off of people's to-do lists. I imagine we can keep that practice going for future nights this week.

24%! Just a few more runs like that should do it. ^_^ Thanks.

Night 2 Success

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, November 04, 2021, 11:47 (897 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Morpheus is a secret speed-runner. Also without a mic, he just got things done. Our decent into the Pit of Heresy, was followed up by an assault on the Glykon. More rat king progress was made by myself and Insane.

If you tentatively sign up for these events, my commitment is to stay available over the course of the evening to run them with you so if you see me, feel free to drop me a line. No worries about making the initial time-frame. A favor to ask would be that if you realize that you can't make it at all, put that in the comment section. Not a big deal for me, but it lets me gauge how long I should wait around.

"Secret"?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 04, 2021, 17:14 (897 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Rat King: 56% ^_^

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 04, 2021, 17:22 (897 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Night 2 Success

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, November 04, 2021, 19:12 (897 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

lol, yeah sorry! I probably should've said so in the FTB, but Pit of Heresy is my "favorite" dungeon. I regretfully have to put favorite in quotations now, because the update back around Beyond Light's launch has really torn down a lot of what I enjoyed about that Pit. I understand the Orb duplicate glitch—I don't like it, but I understand it—but all the other stuff they changed? Not to mention the neutering of Phoenix Protocol It's dampened the feeling of fun.

I didn't speak up originally because I thought that we were going to use party chat; when the game started, I figured we didn't really need communication that heavily. But it was a fun night, and it did bring back some fond memories. Although I was really mad at myself for trying to take on the Wizard without dropping my sword for a Well. We killed each other and I was trying to get Eternal Heretic, and I saw it coming a mile away. Too stubborn! I won't be able to make Friday's night as one of my family members surprised us with a visit and we're going out; but I'll be there in spirit!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, November 07, 2021, 15:00 (894 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I got the idea for this move from a really old movie called Alien.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/bluerunner/gif/FittingDaringBighorn

Thanks to you and Claude for the carry!

That's Actually Really Smart! XD

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, November 07, 2021, 16:02 (894 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Absolute Beauty

by Robot Chickens, Sunday, November 07, 2021, 22:24 (894 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Best kill in the run, by far

by Claude Errera @, Monday, November 08, 2021, 07:46 (893 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Wrapup

by Robot Chickens, Sunday, November 07, 2021, 22:33 (894 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Thanks to all who showed up and participated. It was really fun to hang out with different mixes throughout the week.

We got through each mission on this four-night experiment. It was good to go questing with y'all as our goals branched from our initial task.

I was hoping we'd get a few more of y'all who were tentative in but I know how mercurial schedules can be. If you see me online in the future, please don't feel awkward about asking if I want to revisit any of these. We'll see if I can set up some scheduled "office hours" in the future, but my own schedule often prohibits that.

Wrapup

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, November 08, 2021, 11:29 (893 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Thanks to all who showed up and participated. It was really fun to hang out with different mixes throughout the week.

We got through each mission on this four-night experiment. It was good to go questing with y'all as our goals branched from our initial task.

I was hoping we'd get a few more of y'all who were tentative in but I know how mercurial schedules can be. If you see me online in the future, please don't feel awkward about asking if I want to revisit any of these. We'll see if I can set up some scheduled "office hours" in the future, but my own schedule often prohibits that.

Yeah, this was cool! FYI; It would be nice to have some back up with Harbinger (Hawkmoon) and Presage (Dead Mans Tale) as I've yet to get the exact rolls I'm looking for. If that's true for you as well, I'm up for it. I'll even promise to temporally stop hounding about Rat King once the Catalyst is completed. ;D

Wrapup

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, November 08, 2021, 14:04 (893 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm still hunting a good Hawkmoon roll, so I would be up for that.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread