Joseph Staten: The Man, The Myth, The Game Dev. (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:30 (855 days ago)

Joseph Staten: The Man, The Myth, The Game Dev.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, November 27, 2021, 14:36 (852 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Thanks for posting this. I need to make time to watch it.

It's very good.

by EffortlessFury @, Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:02 (852 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Very informative. It's about Joe more than anything. Has some information that I think most folk don't know but has been said once or twice but also some new information that I think many folks have wondered about.

It's very good.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, November 27, 2021, 21:49 (852 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

That was truly fantastic.

It's very good.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 28, 2021, 12:27 (851 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Very informative. It's about Joe more than anything. Has some information that I think most folk don't know but has been said once or twice but also some new information that I think many folks have wondered about.

Did it explain why "This cave is not a natural formation" was so incongruous with the game's visuals? :-p

It's very good.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 28, 2021, 12:31 (851 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Did it explain why "This cave is not a natural formation" was so incongruous with the game's visuals? :-p

Haven’t they talked about that before? It was originally just supposed to be a more natural looking cave. Or, at least, I feel like I’ve “known” that for ages now, but maybe it’s something I just or or read somewhere and I just filed it away as true.

It's very good.

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, November 28, 2021, 15:11 (851 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Haven’t they talked about that before? It was originally just supposed to be a more natural looking cave. Or, at least, I feel like I’ve “known” that for ages now, but maybe it’s something I just or or read somewhere and I just filed it away as true.

That's what I recall, as well. The script for Halo came in really hot so there was likely just a disconnect between art and writing.

by Coaxkez, Monday, November 29, 2021, 13:27 (850 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

This was a fun watch. Ryan McCaffrey is a very good interviewer. I’d watch a limited-run streaming series with one-on-one conversations between him and various game development personalities.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 10:36 (850 days ago) @ Coaxkez

This was a fun watch. Ryan McCaffrey is a very good interviewer. I’d watch a limited-run streaming series with one-on-one conversations between him and various game development personalities.

Well you're in luck! 'Cuz that's exactly what this [IGN Unfiltered] is!

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:15 (835 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:22

Well you're in luck! 'Cuz that's exactly what this [IGN Unfiltered] is!

Thank you! For specifically pointing out the interviewer. It made me pay attention, circle back around, and then watch, whereas I had ignored it the first time around when my browser extension blocked the object, thumbnail, and loading.

Watching this interview made some thing(s?)? *click* in my understanding possibly

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread