Goldeneye coming to Xbox? (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, January 02, 2022, 17:28 (838 days ago)

Goldeneye coming to Xbox?

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, January 02, 2022, 17:44 (838 days ago) @ bluerunner

Goldeneye was great in its day. I’d be really surprised if it holds up.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, January 02, 2022, 17:55 (838 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Goldeneye was great in its day. I’d be really surprised if it holds up.

I want it just for the nostalgia. And to also own my kids at it.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, January 03, 2022, 07:44 (838 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm interested. I never really got to play it as a kid. A friend of mine did have it but they only ever wanted to play multiplayer. Which, for me, basically consisted of not being told what anything did or where I was, spawning and dying immediately.

Present day, I technically own an N64 now but I haven't really put any effort into getting an HDMI hookup for it and I don't know for sure that it actually still works.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 04, 2022, 06:21 (837 days ago) @ stabbim

Present day, I technically own an N64 now but I haven't really put any effort into getting an HDMI hookup for it and I don't know for sure that it actually still works.

It will work, but it'll be complex involving either a hardware mod or a signal upscaler, both of which are expensive.

Best thing to do is go on craigslist, find some old person selling a CRT, and go pick it up.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 04, 2022, 06:19 (837 days ago) @ bluerunner

It doesn't seem that this is the remastered version of the game, but rather the original N64 version.

So blocky, running at 15 FPS, and impossible to control?! Sounds rad.

Like, seriously. This was the problem with the Mario All Stars collection. In this day and age lack of dual stick controls is crippling.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, January 04, 2022, 07:16 (837 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There always was a controller mapping that let you control the entirety of movement on central stick and the entirety of look on C-buttons.

Also, Perfect Dark's port is pretty damn good, so I think Goldeneye would easily translate as well.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, January 04, 2022, 20:35 (836 days ago) @ bluerunner

If this article comes true, Goldeneye would be neat to play again if it somehow had up to date controls

Does anybody else around here still have a working Xbox 360 and a copy of ODST?
I'm looking to possibly give ODST one last spin online on the 360 before the Microsoft Legacy Servers get shut off on Jan. 13 (from what I've gathered)
I'm hoping to find another Xbox 360 owner or two (to fill a 4 player campaign lobby) so we can try and connect up in ODST?

If there is any interest out there I can set up a Fireteam Builder event and we can try to touch base to get connected up this weekend? I don't know that I have a working 360 Mic (smaller 2.5mm jack) but maybe we can set up a chat in some other way?

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, January 04, 2022, 20:37 (836 days ago) @ Pyromancy

If this article comes true, Goldeneye would be neat to play again if it somehow had up to date controls

Does anybody else around here still have a working Xbox 360 and a copy of ODST?
I'm looking to possibly give ODST one last spin online on the 360 before the Microsoft Legacy Servers get shut off on Jan. 13 (from what I've gathered)
I'm hoping to find another Xbox 360 owner or two (to fill a 4 player campaign lobby) so we can try and connect up in ODST?

If there is any interest out there I can set up a Fireteam Builder event and we can try to touch base to get connected up this weekend? I don't know that I have a working 360 Mic (smaller 2.5mm jack) but maybe we can set up a chat in some other way?

I'm in.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, January 04, 2022, 22:59 (836 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I'm actually really confused about this point. The news around this topic is presenting the matter as though online play will be totally disabled for these games, but the chart from 343i/Microsoft only seems to suggest that some of the centrally-managed services (such as matchmaking) will be shut down. It's not obvious that online custom games and coop are ending, and it would be pretty weird to shut them down anyway since they don't (or at least shouldn't) rely on any Halo-specific XBL server resources.

Addendum...

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, January 05, 2022, 00:03 (836 days ago) @ uberfoop

I would probably be up for some ODST coop next weekend.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Wednesday, January 05, 2022, 13:28 (836 days ago) @ Pyromancy

The only thing ending for ODST is fileshare support. Playing Campaign or Firefight will be completely unaffected.

Should just play it on MCC anyway, the improvements are incredible.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, January 05, 2022, 20:49 (835 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

I'm actually really confused about this point. The news around this topic is presenting the matter as though online play will be totally disabled for these games, but the chart from 343i/Microsoft only seems to suggest that some of the centrally-managed services (such as matchmaking) will be shut down. It's not obvious that online custom games and coop are ending, and it would be pretty weird to shut them down anyway since they don't (or at least shouldn't) rely on any Halo-specific XBL server resources.

The only thing ending for ODST is fileshare support. Playing Campaign or Firefight will be completely unaffected.

Well, I'm confused too which is why I tried to couch my statement with "from what I've gathered" because I'm as lost as anyone and getting this info through hearsay in the community. The date was on an official-ish looking Powerpoint slide but doesn't specify which services or gameplay types are affected. Its all unclear to me and I'm so far removed from the community-at-large.
I appreciate the input from you guys.

Nonetheless I'd still like to give 4-player Campaign a go because I never experienced it. In '09 I played 2 player co-op with my best bud but we never had the drive to fill the lobby or connect up ghost controllers on temporary profiles.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 14:20 (835 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Well, I'm confused too which is why I tried to couch my statement with "from what I've gathered" because I'm as lost as anyone and getting this info through hearsay in the community. The date was on an official-ish looking Powerpoint slide but doesn't specify which services or gameplay types are affected. Its all unclear to me and I'm so far removed from the community-at-large.

Nonetheless I'd still like to give 4-player Campaign a go because I never experienced it. In '09 I played 2 player co-op with my best bud but we never had the drive to fill the lobby or connect up ghost controllers on temporary profiles.

I'll commit to one night a week until we finish. First video game priority is making sure I've earned my Destiny triumph shirt, though. Unfortunately, I've got time to play only a few times per week these days.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 18:22 (834 days ago) @ Kermit

I'll commit to one night a week until we finish. First video game priority is making sure I've earned my Destiny triumph shirt, though. Unfortunately, I've got time to play only a few times per week these days.

BTW, I think you can play co-op while running the 360 version of the game on a newer Xbox, correct?

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 19:05 (834 days ago) @ Kermit

BTW, I think you can play co-op while running the 360 version of the game on a newer Xbox, correct?

Functionality is broadly equivalent between 360 native and back-compat, yes.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 14:32 (835 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Does this mean that my film of me, Scalemaster, Leviathan, and Ibeechu getting the Deja Vu achievement will soon be gone forever?

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 16:07 (835 days ago) @ Kermit

Does this mean that my film of me, Scalemaster, Leviathan, and Ibeechu getting the Deja Vu achievement will soon be gone forever?

Not if you download it to your local HDD!

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 19:18 (834 days ago) @ Kermit

Any files that exist purely on the 360 games' servers will be gone. Download them and make copies if you want to keep 'em.

There are several ways to backup your files, you just won't be able to share them in-game anymore. It'll be slightly more involved...

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 07, 2022, 19:47 (833 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Any files that exist purely on the 360 games' servers will be gone. Download them and make copies if you want to keep 'em.

There are several ways to backup your files, you just won't be able to share them in-game anymore. It'll be slightly more involved...

Do you have a resource that explains how?

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, January 08, 2022, 07:46 (833 days ago) @ Kermit

Best bet is to save them to your hard drive(that part's a given), then record them using a capture card(or camcorder). Or, if you can do it in time, upload it from the 360 to your fileshare, open it on the Xbox one, download it to that hard drive, and use the Game DVR to record it there.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, January 08, 2022, 08:46 (833 days ago) @ Morpheus

Best bet is to save them to your hard drive(that part's a given), then record them using a capture card(or camcorder). Or, if you can do it in time, upload it from the 360 to your fileshare, open it on the Xbox one, download it to that hard drive, and use the Game DVR to record it there.

Thanks. I don't want so much want a fixed viewpoint recording. Theater mode is the most underrated and neglected feature in Halo since 343 took over.

Guide to backup your 360 Halo files.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Saturday, January 08, 2022, 13:50 (833 days ago) @ Kermit

Do you have a resource that explains how?

Where to begin...

On 360 download any files now, and as long as your system works your files will work.

Then while connected to XBL make sure cloud storage is enabled, and in the console's hard drive settings you can manually copy each file to the cloud. This will enable you to automatically access them in-game on any future Xbox consoles while playing through backward compatibility. Enjoying increased resolutions/framerates/loadtimes/HDR etc.

But for PC options in the future (Xbox 360 emulators or a 3rd party conversion tool for MCC), you'll need some form of external storage. Plug that into your 360 and copy the files to it. Now plug it into your PC and store it wherever you like (make backups to be safe). Whenever you are able, the files should be easy to drop right into the aforementioned emulator/tool.

Hope this helps, not much time left.

Thanks!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, January 09, 2022, 16:03 (832 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, January 09, 2022, 16:21 (832 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Can you copy files to a hard drive that you’ve downloaded to the Series X?

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Sunday, January 09, 2022, 16:33 (832 days ago) @ Kermit

Can you copy files to a hard drive that you’ve downloaded to the Series X?

That I'm not sure of, haven't tested. I want to say no though, vaguely remember something about that.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 07:40 (830 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Hooked up my 360 last night. I've got a ton of stuff on my local drive. Hundreds of films and even more screenshots across the three Halo games that had theater mode. I think I've got many fo the original co-op night runs (including your winning Lone Wolf run), and assets I used to create the recaps. Many of the screenshots were for the No Regrets comic. That's one of the most fun things I've ever done. I got to be location scout, photoshop artist, writer, actor, cinematographer--it was a total blast.

I'm going to try to download a few things to the Series X, but I'm not that worried about it, as long as I can back up what's on my 360.

So many great memories!

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 14:12 (830 days ago) @ Kermit

Hooked up my 360 last night. I've got a ton of stuff on my local drive. Hundreds of films and even more screenshots across the three Halo games that had theater mode. I think I've got many fo the original co-op night runs (including your winning Lone Wolf run), and assets I used to create the recaps. Many of the screenshots were for the No Regrets comic. That's one of the most fun things I've ever done. I got to be location scout, photoshop artist, writer, actor, cinematographer--it was a total blast.

Three Halo games

I understand that H4 doesn't really deserve to be called Halo, but you may want to check your files there, too. Co-op night warmups and such. MM night, all kinds of stuff we did.

I'm going to try to download a few things to the Series X, but I'm not that worried about it, as long as I can back up what's on my 360.

As long as you've got the files from your FS (on the official servers) then there's no rush. Getting those on to the new xboxes is easy.

So many great memories!

Indeed! And thanks in large part to the robust theater mode. Halo and Bungie were truly ahead of the competition.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 16:09 (830 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Three Halo games

I understand that H4 doesn't really deserve to be called Halo, but you may want to check your files there, too. Co-op night warmups and such. MM night, all kinds of stuff we did.

As long as you've got the files from your FS (on the official servers) then there's no rush. Getting those on to the new xboxes is easy.

So many great memories!

Indeed! And thanks in large part to the robust theater mode. Halo and Bungie were truly ahead of the competition.

Those games are still ahead!

Infographic on what's still supported/unsupported

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 16:11 (835 days ago) @ Pyromancy
edited by CyberKN, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 16:14

343 put out a pretty decent chart on what from each game is being affected:
[image]

It's not as bad as I'd feared, you can still do anything that doesn't require matchmaking or the fileshares.

Kinda surprised to see Reach's customization is going away, that must be because of whatever server doles out credits for activities.

No idea what "Extras" are for ODST...

Edit: i just remembered that ODST had a button on the main menu that would take you to the Reach MP beta, or a trailer/ViDoc hosted on XBL. I bet that's it.

Infographic on what's still supported/unsupported

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 19:23 (834 days ago) @ CyberKN

Kinda surprised to see Reach's customization is going away, that must be because of whatever server doles out credits for activities.

Must mean unlocking new cosmetics? Because you can definitely still change your armor offline. I'm pretty sure you get a small amount of credits too for offline games. So you could still unlock the stuff it would just take a loooooong time.

WTF is MOTO

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 07, 2022, 20:25 (833 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

WTF is MOTO

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 07, 2022, 21:02 (833 days ago) @ Cody Miller

MOTD

Message of the Day

?‍♂️

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 08, 2022, 08:05 (833 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

WTF is MOTO

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, January 08, 2022, 14:03 (833 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Saturday, January 08, 2022, 15:33 (833 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I don't think you're on my XBL friends list. On XBL I'm HaloTupolev, PSN HTupolev.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, January 09, 2022, 16:42 (832 days ago) @ uberfoop

I remember meeting uberfoop! I didn’t realize you were one in the same.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, January 20, 2022, 23:17 (820 days ago) @ Pyromancy
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, January 20, 2022, 23:38

Circling back through to say Thank You to those that joined up! It was really fun to experience 4 player online co-op before it was gone. Thanks for experimenting a little bit, along with me as well.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Friday, January 21, 2022, 05:03 (820 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Circling back through to say Thank You to those that joined up! It was really fun to experience 4 player online co-op before it was gone.

Only thing gone on ODST is fileshares.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 21, 2022, 12:58 (820 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Circling back through to say Thank You to those that joined up! It was really fun to experience 4 player online co-op before it was gone.

Only thing gone on ODST is fileshares.

Yep, as I said the other night. I'd be up for running through some levels every week, picking up on the saved game each week.

Xbox 360 + ODST?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, January 23, 2022, 20:11 (817 days ago) @ Kermit

Absolutely let me know if you don't have the full 4.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread