Playstation VR2 (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, January 05, 2022, 08:58 (835 days ago)

Sony officially unveiled PS VR2 in a blog post.

Highlights include a resolution of 2000x2040 per eye, inside out tracking, eye tracking, foveated rendering, new controllers making use of their new rumble and adaptive triggers, and a VR version of Horizon.

No date or price, but if they can keep the cost reasonable, this could be a huge development in VR.

Playstation VR2

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 05, 2022, 17:24 (835 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No date or price, but if they can keep the cost reasonable, this could be a huge development in VR.

[image]

Playstation VR2

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 14:39 (834 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Not haing to futz with the camera is the big selling point for me.

Playstation VR2

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 17:24 (834 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, that old PS camera just barely worked. It all sounds like massive improvements. If they can keep the price reasonable, I’m definitely interested. I had a blast with the old PSVR. It will never be the main way I play games—it’s just not feasible to be that shut out from the world for so long so often, but it’s absolutely a blast in sub-hour bursts. Tetris Effect in VR is still maybe my all time favorite video game experience. It’s certainly way near the top.

Playstation VR2

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 18:19 (834 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Kermit, Thursday, January 06, 2022, 18:31

Yeah, that old PS camera just barely worked. It all sounds like massive improvements. If they can keep the price reasonable, I’m definitely interested. I had a blast with the old PSVR. It will never be the main way I play games—it’s just not feasible to be that shut out from the world for so long so often, but it’s absolutely a blast in sub-hour bursts. Tetris Effect in VR is still maybe my all time favorite video game experience. It’s certainly way near the top.

The best time I ever had with it was when I brought it to J.D.Quacker's LAN with a bunch of HBOers. I had not even opened it yet. I remember Korny setting it up. I hate to say I've mainly used it to entertain guests, having them freak out in the shark cage. Set up is a pain.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread