RIP Destiny Alpha (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 07:18 (832 days ago)

Finally got a PS5.

Set everything up to transfer saves and games over from the PS4, and am about to check the Destiny Alpha, because why not?

"You can't use this PS4 game or app on the PS5"

They also won't let you transfer over and play PT.

[image]

RIP Destiny Alpha

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 07:48 (832 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Interested to hear what you think about it.

We going to play House of Ashes? I also still have A Way Out. I also really want to try It Takes Two.

RIP Destiny Alpha

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 08:02 (832 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We going to play House of Ashes? I also still have A Way Out. I also really want to try It Takes Two.

YES! I have this weekend free if you do. I might have to play on PS4 because I don't think the astros work with PS5? (No optical out!)

RIP Destiny Alpha

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 09:14 (832 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah I’m available in the evenings this weekend. Any time after about 6 central on Friday and Saturday. Can do anytime after like 2 on Sunday.

RIP Destiny Alpha

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 11:55 (832 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah I’m available in the evenings this weekend. Any time after about 6 central on Friday and Saturday. Can do anytime after like 2 on Sunday.

Let's start House of Ashes around 6 your time on Friday then.

RIP Destiny Alpha

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:04 (832 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sounds good!

RIP Destiny Alpha

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:19 (832 days ago) @ Cody Miller

YES! I have this weekend free if you do. I might have to play on PS4 because I don't think the astros work with PS5? (No optical out!)

I'm pretty sure Astro has made it so that you can use your Astros with the new consoles using just the USB cord (depending on what generation headset you have, perhaps?) I use my gen3 A50s on my Xbox Series X all the time without a problem (with no optical port) and I think they would work the same way with the PS5.

RIP Destiny Alpha

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 15:34 (832 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I'm pretty sure Astro has made it so that you can use your Astros with the new consoles using just the USB cord (depending on what generation headset you have, perhaps?) I use my gen3 A50s on my Xbox Series X all the time without a problem (with no optical port) and I think they would work the same way with the PS5.

You can indeed, but you lose the ability to control volume of chat and game separately without the optical output.

RIP Destiny Alpha

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 16:33 (832 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You can indeed, but you lose the ability to control volume of chat and game separately without the optical output.

The mixer built in to console won’t work?

RIP Destiny Alpha

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 16:36 (832 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Are you certain about that? Cuz I know I'm able to still tap the buttons on the side of the headphone that turns the party char down so I can focus on cutscene dialog [on XSX; don't have a PS5 yet].

RIP Destiny Alpha

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 19:51 (832 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Are you certain about that? Cuz I know I'm able to still tap the buttons on the side of the headphone that turns the party char down so I can focus on cutscene dialog [on XSX; don't have a PS5 yet].

My headphones have no buttons. Old ass Astro A40s. You use a dial on the mixamp to balance game audio vs chat audio, which does nothing if it's USB only.

RIP Destiny Alpha

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:36 (831 days ago) @ Cody Miller

My headphones have no buttons. Old ass Astro A40s. You use a dial on the mixamp to balance game audio vs chat audio, which does nothing if it's USB only.

Wait... you're telling me that your 12-year-old headset that was specifically built for consoles 3 generations ago is having trouble with current-gen tech?

I don't know how that could be!

RIP Destiny Alpha

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:51 (831 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Wait... you're telling me that your 12-year-old headset that was specifically built for consoles 3 generations ago is having trouble with current-gen tech?

I don't know how that could be!

Cool. But right now that doesn’t help me if the game is too loud and I can’t hear him today.

RIP Destiny Alpha

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:57 (831 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Both consoles have a built in mixer. The PS5 can handle it for you. Unless USB audio is fucked somehow, but I don’t think that’s the case.

You Have The Alpha?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 09:49 (832 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I only have the Beta.

Not like I can play it anyway...

The Beta

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 09:49 (832 days ago) @ Morpheus

It's Super Awesome

Good Times. ;-)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:46 (830 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

You Have The Alpha?

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:48 (832 days ago) @ Morpheus

I only have the Beta.

It's okay - he can't play it on his old machines, either. It's just taking up space.

You Have The Alpha?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 15:35 (832 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I only have the Beta.

It's okay - he can't play it on his old machines, either. It's just taking up space.

It's a memento. And you can hear the title screen music :-p

RIP Destiny Alpha

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:54 (832 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Finally got a PS5.

Set everything up to transfer saves and games over from the PS4, and am about to check the Destiny Alpha, because why not?

"You can't use this PS4 game or app on the PS5"

They also won't let you transfer over and play PT.

[image]

Awwww... that's awful./s But congrats on getting your hands on a Ps5!

RIP Destiny Alpha

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:26 (832 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah, my PS4 acted up at some point and I was a little quick to reset everything. Lost both, but I never had the guts to play PT regardless.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread