Blind Raid (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 08:25 (804 days ago)

Wanted to get this out there: what is the level of interest on DBO for putting together a Witch Queen blind raid? As always, it's unclear what level of time commitment will be needed to level up beforehand, but we will get 1.5 weeks (so 2 resets worth of powerfuls and pinnacles, whatever they may be) to do so. Also the Saturday release will presumably continue to use the "Contest" modifier, so leveling won't really matter for the first 24 hours.

I'm not totally sure I'll have the bandwidth to do a full coordination effort (and I may end up getting invited to another group), but I wanted to at least gage who might be interested.

Blind Raid

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 08:36 (804 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'm interested, but maybe not at the level really required for a full blind run.

I'd love to give it a shot, but I can't dedicate every night for a week to do it anymore like I used to. I understand most folks want more commitment than that, though.

Failing that, is anyone interested in just doing it Sunday after it's been completed with the understanding that it won't be a blind run? At a certain point I'll settle for just playing through it.

Blind Raid

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 09:01 (804 days ago) @ squidnh3

Wanted to get this out there: what is the level of interest on DBO for putting together a Witch Queen blind raid? As always, it's unclear what level of time commitment will be needed to level up beforehand, but we will get 1.5 weeks (so 2 resets worth of powerfuls and pinnacles, whatever they may be) to do so. Also the Saturday release will presumably continue to use the "Contest" modifier, so leveling won't really matter for the first 24 hours.

I'm not totally sure I'll have the bandwidth to do a full coordination effort (and I may end up getting invited to another group), but I wanted to at least gage who might be interested.

Interested, of course. Yet all depending on unknown factors, both virtual and otherwise. Easier to tell around February 26th, 27th I'd say. Final answer in... oh, month from now. 2nd of March. And as a bonus, which should help with any coordination, this time I'll just say yes or no to "Can you raid", since last time was apparently too vague. ^_________________^ >_>

Blind Raid

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 09:33 (804 days ago) @ squidnh3

Contest mode is one of the best ways to experience a raid, so I'd definitely love to give that a go. Mark me down as interested.

Blind Raid

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 09:58 (804 days ago) @ squidnh3

Stream it, and I'll watch!

Blind Raid

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 10:59 (804 days ago) @ squidnh3

I like Raiding!

+1

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 11:26 (804 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

I’m in.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, February 04, 2022, 19:31 (801 days ago) @ squidnh3

I’d be happy to coordinate.

Blind Raid

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, February 07, 2022, 14:01 (799 days ago) @ squidnh3

I do first need to see how this Weapon crafting stuff works to see if I can possibly band-aid my permanent Vault conundrum.

Interested, but I don't typically get my level up fast enough. 1 character player, RNG doesn't usually smile on me, and I purposefully choose to not speed run new content or chew through the same thing repetitively, especially not to just bump myself up arbitrarily.

One benefit with me is when I say Blind, I mean BLIND.

Blind Raid

by squidnh3, Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 07:30 (798 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Interested, but I don't typically get my level up fast enough. 1 character player, RNG doesn't usually smile on me, and I purposefully choose to not speed run new content or chew through the same thing repetitively, especially not to just bump myself up arbitrarily.

One benefit with me is when I say Blind, I mean BLIND.

The past 2 expansions I've focused on leveling only one character for raiding, and that has worked just fine. And that's usually taking things pretty easy, I'm very conscious of burnout since I know the raid will usually involve some long hours. The main thing is always being very careful to optimize which drops you get at what time, based on the distribution of your levels in the different slots. Of course, you can still get screwed as you note above, because "random" means random.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread