Because it's worse this year... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 03, 2022, 13:03 (806 days ago)

Every year, there's SOME downtime before a new expansion. And every year, there's someone (or a series of someones) who gripe because they left X or Y or Z to almost the last minute, and then couldn't finish because of this downtime.

YOU DO NOT HAVE UNTIL RESET ON FEB 22 TO FINISH WHATEVER YOU WANTED TO FINISH BEFORE WITCH QUEEN.

YOU HAVE UNTIL 14 HOURS BEFORE RESET ON FEB 22.

That's a long, long time if you've left things until the last minute... so don't leave things until the last minute.

They are shutting down Destiny 2 from 7pm PST on Feb 21 until 9AM PST on Feb 22, for maintenance. Be done before 7pm PST on Feb 21.

That is all. :)

Because it's worse this year...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 03, 2022, 13:17 (806 days ago) @ Claude Errera

YOU HAVE UNTIL 14 HOURS BEFORE RESET ON FEB 22.

Well, then I’ll be here 16 hours before reset to bitch about all the Shattered Realm Triumphs I can’t get done!

I'll be here for you then!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 03, 2022, 15:14 (806 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

*clap**clap**clap**clap*

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, February 06, 2022, 14:28 (803 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Add in a safety factor too, folks!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 03, 2022, 13:43 (806 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Am I still bitter Bungie dropped the servers 30min before promised for the Arrival finale rollout, thus ruining the Flawless Scourge of the Past run that would net me the title? Maybe.

Pre-Witch Queen "Checklist"

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, February 04, 2022, 11:57 (805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was going to make a post about this anyway, so it made sense to just attach it to this procrastination warning. Thanks Wu! There are some things I would like to do that would best NOT be done lone wolf, and so... here is a heads up for my current aims JIC y'all folks want to sync up watches.

While probably not a complete list, it's all the bigger things I'd like to go after right now. If I think of something else, I'll just add an addendum. As of the right now, as I write this, my max light level is currently 1330 + 32 Artifact. 1362 Light. Rookie numbers, I know, as Wu over here is (at least?) 1370. Showoff.

Vault of Glass

When the new raid comes out, well, by all odds that's all folks are going to play for some time. I would like to get some Timelost Weapons while the knowledge of this raids mechanics are still hot. In particular a Fatebringer & Vision of Confluence.

Grasp of Avarice

I would like to do a few runs on this dungeon on Master (1360) difficulty. Main draw here is the extra slot for armor. This mode also has a Match Game modifier plus Barrier and Overload Champs. Not for the faint of heart, but hey... loot (which feels kinda dumb to say considering the warning inherent in the dungeon story.)

Dares of Eternity

- Score 225000 Points.

- Old Friends, Old Couch
Complete Dares of Eternity on Legend difficulty with a fireteam of 2 to 4 Guardians.

- Fateful Spin
Face each of the Wheel of Adversity's challenges in Dares of Eternity on Legend difficulty. (For me that's Fallen, Hive, and Vex.)

Europa

- Europa Hunting Party
Complete Empire Hunts. Bonus progress for higher-difficulty hunts. (Wanna go big!)

General

- Lost Sector Master
Complete 4 Lost Sectors on Master difficulty, which can be found on various destinations. (The Dreaming City, Europa, Moon, and The Tangled Shore.)
~ Could I do this one by myself? Yeah, I could. But time is of the essence, and I don't really have to, so join on up!

- [Legend/Master] Nightfalls - I'm low on all sorts of currency. Who wants to make an evening?

squidnh3

- Nightmare Hunts time-trial Triumphs
I'm apparently 6 out of 8 in this. And if completed there is an emblem. Not as high a priority, as the moon isn't getting vaulted (yet?), but since I'm making a list... there yea go. Here is yer warning. ;D

Note to Self
This is the part where I talk to myself. Hi there ya big dumb. lol.

All the Shattered Pieces - You need this for the Chosen Seal. You need to scan 15 items aboard the Glykon ship. Might be too late, as it's time gated.

Rat King Catalyst - 68%! Finish that darn thing already!

A few notes...

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 04, 2022, 12:57 (805 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Vault of Glass

When the new raid comes out, well, by all odds that's all folks are going to play for some time. I would like to get some Timelost Weapons while the knowledge of this raids mechanics are still hot. In particular a Fatebringer & Vision of Confluence.

There is BARELY an opportunity for these before the new raid drops... and that's assuming that Bungie doesn't do something stupid like reset the schedule when WC drops.

This upcoming week (Feb 8) is Atheon (Corrective Measure).
Feb 15 will be Confluxes (Vision of Confluence)
Feb 22 will be Oracles (Praedyth's Revenge)... but most of us will be running WC content
March 1 is Templar (Fatebringer)... but the new raid drops that Saturday, so you've really only got a few days before people get... caught up.

This means lock in your volunteers, because there are going to be a LOT of things vying for their attention.

- Lost Sector Master
Complete 4 Lost Sectors on Master difficulty, which can be found on various destinations. (The Dreaming City, Europa, Moon, and The Tangled Shore.)
~ Could I do this one by myself? Yeah, I could. But time is of the essence, and I don't really have to, so join on up!

Your bottleneck is Empty Tank (Tangled Shore), because it's gone on the 22nd. It shows up twice more before reset (Feb 8/Feb 19).

Actually, scratch that - the TRIUMPH disappears on the 22nd, so your bottleneck is ALL of them. (I guess technically Empty Tank is still the bottleneck, because you've got 3 times the number of opportunities for each of the other planets... but still. Don't sleep on those two days.)

Good on you for making a list - this is the time for that!

A few notes...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, February 04, 2022, 13:34 (805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Vault of Glass

There is BARELY an opportunity for these before the new raid drops... and that's assuming that Bungie doesn't do something stupid like reset the schedule when WC drops.

Feb 22 will be Oracles (Praedyth's Revenge)... but most of us will be running WC content
March 1 is Templar (Fatebringer)... but the new raid drops that Saturday, so you've really only got a few days before people get... caught up.

This means lock in your volunteers, because there are going to be a LOT of things vying for their attention.

Wait, are timelost weapons timegated?! (I suppose that would make sense.)

A few notes...

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:06 (805 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Vault of Glass

Yes - they're guaranteed drops from Master Challenge encounters, which progress 1 per week. (Once you've earned one, you can buy more by completing the Atheon encounter on Master difficulty, and then using Spoils to buy re-rolls... but the first one has to be earned in a Challenge encounter.)

A few notes...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:16 (805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yes - they're guaranteed drops from Master Challenge encounters, which progress 1 per week. (Once you've earned one, you can buy more by completing the Atheon encounter on Master difficulty, and then using Spoils to buy re-rolls... but the first one has to be earned in a Challenge encounter.)

._. oh. I seem to have missed the mention of that requirement somewhere. Well, I guess I'm not getting fatebringer then. :/

A few notes...

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:18 (805 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

._. oh. I seem to have missed the mention of that requirement somewhere. Well, I guess I'm not getting fatebringer then. :/

Well, that's defeatist talk.

Seems like we could probably roust up 5 volunteers for the week of the 1st.

A few notes...

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, February 07, 2022, 08:05 (802 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It may be better to target later in the season for whatever you don't complete this season; the power level requirements of VoG Master will likely increase when Witch Queen drops (they were increased when season of the Lost raised the cap to keep the encounters +30/+40 power over max). I'm not sure you're going to find 5 volunteers at 1580+ in week 2 of the new expansion.

A few notes...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 07, 2022, 09:21 (802 days ago) @ Chappy

It may be better to target later in the season for whatever you don't complete this season; the power level requirements of VoG Master will likely increase when Witch Queen drops (they were increased when season of the Lost raised the cap to keep the encounters +30/+40 power over max). I'm not sure you're going to find 5 volunteers at 1580+ in week 2 of the new expansion.

DOH! Didn't even think about this.

Sign me up for Old Friends New Couch

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, February 04, 2022, 13:29 (805 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by squidnh3, Friday, February 04, 2022, 13:39 (805 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Europa

- Europa Hunting Party
Complete Empire Hunts. Bonus progress for higher-difficulty hunts. (Wanna go big!)

I think I still need this.

squidnh3

I'm apparently 6 out of 8 in this. And if completed there is an emblem. Not as high a priority, as the moon isn't getting vaulted (yet?), but since I'm making a list... there yea go. Here is yer warning. ;D

I've got 'em, but willing to reciprocate since you helped me.

Rat King Catalyst - 68%! Finish that darn thing already!

Yep.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:24 (805 days ago) @ squidnh3

Europa

- Europa Hunting Party

I think I still need this.

If I find an opening, and you're on I'll holler.

squidnh3

I've got 'em, but willing to reciprocate since you helped me.

AS you darn well should! Why do you think I have 6 out of 8! ;D

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 04, 2022, 13:41 (805 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Vault of Glass

When the new raid comes out, well, by all odds that's all folks are going to play for some time. I would like to get some Timelost Weapons while the knowledge of this raids mechanics are still hot. In particular a Fatebringer & Vision of Confluence

Unlocking Fatebringer Timelost is this week's challenge (Templar: don't let it teleport!). Dunno which challenge is VoC's, but you definitely don't have enough weeks to unlock them all...

Grasp of Avarice

I would like to do a few runs on this dungeon on Master (1360) difficulty. Main draw here is the extra slot for armor. This mode also has a Match Game modifier plus Barrier and Overload Champs. Not for the faint of heart, but hey... loot (which feels kinda dumb to say considering the warning inherent in the dungeon story.)

Remember y'all can farm the boss checkpoint! Just load it up with a backup character, confirm you have the CP (just wipe) and then you can keep loading back up directly on the boss.

SGA: the pinnacle drop only happens once and can be a new thing. The repeated drops are at-light and only drop from the pool of things you have already dropped before.

Dares of Eternity

- Score 225000 Points.

- Old Friends, Old Couch
Complete Dares of Eternity on Legend difficulty with a fireteam of 2 to 4 Guardians.

Both of those are pretty easy, considering Dares doesn't have a fail condition. Hit me up whenever!

- Fateful Spin
Face each of the Wheel of Adversity's challenges in Dares of Eternity on Legend difficulty. (For me that's Fallen, Hive, and Vex.)

This is another timegated triumph. Dares isn't going anywhere when Witch Queen drops, though, so you're safe.

General

- [Legend/Master] Nightfalls - I'm low on all sorts of currency. Who wants to make an evening?

No love for Grandmaster?

All the Shattered Pieces - You need this for the Chosen Seal. You need to scan 15 items aboard the Glykon ship. Might be too late, as it's time gated.

No, it's not! Bungie lifted the timegates! Just keep running it and it'll rotate a 'week' each time you do!

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:09 (805 days ago) @ ZackDark

Vault of Glass

When the new raid comes out, well, by all odds that's all folks are going to play for some time. I would like to get some Timelost Weapons while the knowledge of this raids mechanics are still hot. In particular a Fatebringer & Vision of Confluence

Unlocking Fatebringer Timelost is this week's challenge (Templar: don't let it teleport!). Dunno which challenge is VoC's, but you definitely don't have enough weeks to unlock them all...

That was last week. This week is Gatekeeper (kill Minotaurs and Wyverns on the two sides simultaneously).

Confluxes: Vision of Confluence
Oracles: Praedyth's Revenge
Templar: Fatebringer
Gatekeeper: Hezen Vengeance
Atheon: Corrective Measure

Crap, my bad

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 04, 2022, 15:18 (805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Time is a social construct!

Timelost

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:11 (805 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Vault of Glass

I'm all about doing this as much as possible, and as a bonus I have my-monday-your-sunday off work this week because of NZ independence day. Let me know whenever you want to do this!

Timelost

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:27 (805 days ago) @ CyberKN

Vault of Glass

I'm all about doing this as much as possible, and as a bonus I have my-monday-your-sunday off work this week because of NZ independence day. Let me know whenever you want to do this!

As I've just found out, it's more complicated then just showing up and surviving.

._. ok

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:34 (805 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:55 (805 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Don't think I'm high enough light to help with master lost sectors (although I "need" them all).

Could I chat with someone this evening who can advise me on the most reasonable triumph to go for on the moments of triumph badge. I need only one to be able to get the shirt, and I've never not been able to get the shirt.

I'm not too worried, but I kind of wanted to do the wrathender or seeker of the lost since that content is going away. I fell way behind during Season of the Hunt.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:59 (805 days ago) @ Kermit

Don't think I'm high enough light to help with master lost sectors (although I "need" them all).

You absolutely are. They're 1350, and with 3 people, it doesn't even really matter if you make a mistake.

Could I chat with someone this evening who can advise me on the most reasonable triumph to go for on the moments of triumph badge. I need only one to be able to get the shirt, and I've never not been able to get the shirt.

I'd be happy to help with Wrathender - we could, in fact, do it this evening.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, February 07, 2022, 12:50 (802 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You absolutely are. They're 1350, and with 3 people, it doesn't even really matter if you make a mistake.

Yup. It's possible to solo these even 15 points under that. I'd say having the right mods and weapons is more important than pure light level, up to a point.

The low-hanging fruit-- meaning, the ones I used to get there, I think are:

Grasp of Avarice complete
Get Gjallarhorn & Forerunner (Dares and Avarice)
Beyond Light Chapter 3 (complete BL story)
Talon of Light (Hawkmoon)
Europa Hunting Party (Empire Hunts)
Seasoned in Darkness (stasis aspects/fragments)
Daring Displays
Repeat Winner
Special Guest Scar
Taskmaster
Ordeal
Gambit Gauntlet
Strike Spelunker
Triumph Apprentice

That's 14/15. I've got 3 others done although I forget how I got them: Elegant Guard Shell, Fractic Spiral sparrow, and the Flow, the Metal emblem.

And of course qualifying for the shirt counts as a Triumph itself.

I'd be happy to help with Wrathender - we could, in fact, do it this evening.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 04, 2022, 16:39 (805 days ago) @ Kermit

I know it’s not the same thing, but you can have my shirt code if you want it.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, February 07, 2022, 14:17 (802 days ago) @ Kermit

Do you need today's Master Lost Sector. Chamber of Starlight? I could maybe help you out with that one this evening if you're around.

USE BRAYTECH FOR TRACKING THINGS, FOLKS

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 04, 2022, 13:44 (805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Braytech is your one-stop shop for everything you need to track. Also, it is a drop-dead gorgeous of a website.

The only other tool you somewhat need to complement when playing D2 at slightly-above-casual all the way up to Trials-god levels of commitment is Destiny Item Manager (DIM).

USE BRAYTECH FOR TRACKING THINGS, FOLKS

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 04, 2022, 14:17 (805 days ago) @ ZackDark

Braytech is your one-stop shop for everything you need to track. Also, it is a drop-dead gorgeous of a website.

The only other tool you somewhat need to complement when playing D2 at slightly-above-casual all the way up to Trials-god levels of commitment is Destiny Item Manager (DIM).

I would throw D2 Checklist into that mix, actually.

Its Milestones section is by far the most straightforward way to see what's left to do this week, for Powerful/Pinnacles.

Braytech is getting better at this... but it's one character at a time, and not as easy to scan for this particular corpus of info.

Good call

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 04, 2022, 15:20 (805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Braytech is getting better at this... but it's one character at a time, and not as easy to scan for this particular corpus of info.

That's a very fair point. It's there alright, but it's very hidden and Checklist's is indeed much better.

Raids? Anyone know anything about the Earth Lost Sectors?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, February 07, 2022, 13:43 (802 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Pyromancy, Monday, February 07, 2022, 13:46

Does anyone out there know anything about the Earth Lost Sectors in EDZ and Cosmodrome? They don't seem to be in the Lost Sector rotation and haven't been for MONTHS. I'm fairly plugged in, but I don't remember ever seeing any official information regarding them (I do miss alot so its possible they are in a blindspot for me) I kept thinking they would get fixed and added back in with one of the various HotFixes along the way.
Will these Lost Sector Triumphs be removed? Its truly frustrating to be locked out of getting them for what seems like 2/3 of the uber long Season, especially if they get removed.

I'm interested in Raiding with a Fireteam of only Clanmates. Vault of Glass and Deep Stone Crypt particularly. I currently have a Master Atheon Checkpoint if that helps anything. Have a DSC 8-tracks Checkpoint too. They will be gone tomorrow, likely.
(the scheduling and coordinating part is not my Forte, at all)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, February 07, 2022, 14:20 (802 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Does anyone out there know anything about the Earth Lost Sectors in EDZ and Cosmodrome? They don't seem to be in the Lost Sector rotation and haven't been for MONTHS. I'm fairly plugged in, but I don't remember ever seeing any official information regarding them (I do miss alot so its possible they are in a blindspot for me) I kept thinking they would get fixed and added back in with one of the various HotFixes along the way.

Removed at end of Season 15.

https://kyberscorner.com/destiny2/lost-sectors/

Possible they could come back.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, February 07, 2022, 14:40 (802 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I'm interested in Raiding with a Fireteam of only Clanmates. Vault of Glass and Deep Stone Crypt particularly. I currently have a Master Atheon Checkpoint if that helps anything. Have a DSC 8-tracks Checkpoint too. They will be gone tomorrow, likely.
(the scheduling and coordinating part is not my Forte, at all)

I like raiding.

(I'm missing Clan night on DSC and Garden. And Crown of Sorrow, but, well…)

by squidnh3, Monday, February 07, 2022, 14:55 (802 days ago) @ Vortech

There's actually probably quite a few of us missing "Clan Night" for the various current raids. Seems like there's always at least one interloper...

I need the raid night triumphs

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 07, 2022, 21:59 (801 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 07:59 (801 days ago) @ squidnh3

There's actually probably quite a few of us missing "Clan Night" for the various current raids. Seems like there's always at least one interloper...

I'm still missing GoS's Clan Night, but somehow I've completed the other 3 with clan members. Weird.

(And I think 'apostate' more accurately describes Chappy than 'interloper'...)

by squidnh3, Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 08:46 (801 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I couldn't decide on a perfect word, because I also did Garden just recently, but with a different person who was the only non-DBOer.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 09:20 (801 days ago) @ squidnh3

I couldn't decide on a perfect word, because I also did Garden just recently, but with a different person who was the only non-DBOer.

I'm really good at torquing other people's arguments to fit MY circumstances more accurately... your data is inconvenient.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 10:44 (801 days ago) @ squidnh3
edited by CyberKN, Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 10:48

Rain is always down to play interloper when it comes to raiding :P

But in all seriousness, I'd love to run garden again sometime. I had a lot of fun with those encounters!

Made an FTB

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, February 09, 2022, 13:08 (800 days ago) @ CyberKN

Time is flexible. see FTB notes.

Made an FTB for this weekend. Pretty flexible

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, February 18, 2022, 09:41 (791 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread