Plunging the Backlog(The Turing Test) (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, February 06, 2022, 10:16 (781 days ago)

Abstaining myself from Destiny 2 was a lot easier than I thought it would be...of course, the second Momentum Control ended, Mayhem started, so I had to extend my swan song a bit, but after that... I've found to my relief that I don't really miss it that much! I guess out of sight, out of mind.

I have been popping up from time to time, doing just enough to get Forerunner and a Catalyst; currently I'm doing some Proving Grounds Nightfall to get enough dialogue for a transcript, but otherwise the distancing is working out fine. I've already got some stuff under my belt—grinding my face off in Saints Row 2(we trade one villain for another), trying Horde Mode in Doom Eternal (lost my last life on the last wave of the last level, but it was entirely my fault) and finally, exploring the Turing Test.

Now, as I'm sure most of you know the Turing Test is a real thing. And the namesake game was a GWG a while back, so I picked it up.

My only regret is that it took me so long to get to it.

This game is so good, and the puzzles are well executed, if not a little unoriginal. It's basically if Portal tried, became addicted to, then eventually overdosed on redpills. The puzzles are simple enough that you feel smart when completing them, but build as you progress into (what I feel) are some genuinely challenging obstacles.

I'm not even going to say a word about the game's plot in fear of spoiling anything, but let's just say things become more clear and coherent, you discover a chilling twist, and the ending...

I just kept saying "Wow" for an hour straight.

Checking the records, it's never been on sale so far, except for the GWG period, but I honestly believe it would be worth looking into. I don't think you'll regret it. But you'll certainly think about it.

I loved that game.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, February 06, 2022, 10:57 (781 days ago) @ Morpheus

Korny and I played it around the same time and talked about how good it was.

But I’ll be damned if I can actually remember much about it. Maybe I need to play it again.

I loved how they avoided some key story clichés here.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, February 06, 2022, 16:00 (781 days ago) @ Morpheus

I'm not even going to say a word about the game's plot in fear of spoiling anything, but let's just say things become more clear and coherent, you discover a chilling twist, and the ending...

I love that TOM points out that he himself is the antagonist pretty much from his first login to Europa, which actually comes as a bit of a surprise to himself even. There's no dragged out whodunnit leading to a predictable twist, but rather, a journey to figure out why the inital surface-TOM did what he did, and why you have to help him vs. the Crew.

The Test itself (and your initial lack of choice to help TOM) being one of the twists was pretty genius, and that final room and choice? *mwah*. So good.

I played it on Gamepass. Didn't know it was a GWG. I'd like to give it another go-around with Sammy.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread