THAB 2/17/22: Gambit Edition (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, February 17, 2022, 11:32 (792 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Thursday, February 17, 2022, 11:41

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51091

...Gambit has a healthy and stable population. Ultimately, we want to make Gambit more appealing to a wider audience by addressing points of player feedback and improving upon what exists, without changing the core nature of the mode. Our hope is that this leads to more players engaging, for longer.

Upcoming changes fall into five categories:

• Core Activity
  • Ammo Economy
  • Primeval Tuning
  • Invasions
  • Rewards

FINAL PATCH NOTE PREVIEW

• Ritual Rewards
  • Returning Crucible Maps
  • Season Pass Changes
  • Shattered Throne: "Thrallway”
  • Boss Stomps

The stats email they sent out had me at 2% Gambit.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, February 17, 2022, 12:16 (792 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Me, Too. lol

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, February 18, 2022, 07:30 (791 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

by FyreWulff, Friday, February 18, 2022, 15:41 (791 days ago) @ Vortech

I played enough Gambit to get Reckoner.

My Gambit stat was 5%.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 18, 2022, 17:39 (791 days ago) @ FyreWulff

My Gambit stat was 5%.

The stats were for 2021. Reckoner was retired on November 10, 2020.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 18, 2022, 17:41 (791 days ago) @ Claude Errera

We’re they?

I got one that listed my top three exotics. One was Sunshot, which I haven’t even equipped in well over a year.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 18, 2022, 17:52 (791 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We’re they?

I got one that listed my top three exotics. One was Sunshot, which I haven’t even equipped in well over a year.

Oh, you're right - that section was 'Lifetime'. Sorry.

This, btw, makes my stats even worse.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 18, 2022, 18:03 (791 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I have 38 Infamy resets.

My Gambit percentage is 4%.

Some sections are "lifetime", some are "since beyond light"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 18, 2022, 17:44 (791 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by FyreWulff, Friday, February 18, 2022, 22:42 (791 days ago) @ Claude Errera

My Gambit stat was 5%.

The stats were for 2021. Reckoner was retired on November 10, 2020.

oh, that makes more sense then,i've barely touched gambit in all of 2021

Lol, mine was 7%

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, February 19, 2022, 08:57 (790 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

I only wish my raid % was higher

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, February 19, 2022, 08:59 (790 days ago) @ kidtsunami

[image]

THAB 2/17/22: Gambit Edition

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, February 17, 2022, 16:24 (792 days ago) @ CyberKN

Gambit

Playing with the single variation for race/map for a year led us to an interesting observation: it's FUN to know that 'Hive on Pacifica' means "Oh, god, those Shriekers" and to learn the spawns and master them over time.

A hearty LOL from me.

• Mote drain from multiple Blockers continues even if the opposing team is in Primeval phase.
    • This will help the team that is behind get to the Primeval a little quicker – it's never felt great to send over four Blockers only to have the enemy team ignore them, all while still being severely behind.
    • This also gives the team in the lead a bit more incentive to kill Blockers during their Primeval phase.
  • Mote drain is paused if a player is near the bank and engaging Blockers.
    • It never feels great to have your Motes draining away while you pour Primary ammo into three Taken Knights.

These are some great changes.

• Other Drifter Changes
    • Bygones/Trust/Bad Omens have been removed from the vendor.

I know they are sunset and all but...

[image]
[image]

REAL OGs right here. MMM mmm-mmm.

Crucible

Added the links above into the quote if those names aren't ringing any bells.

So this is cool, and all, but... how 'bout some new maps? Yeah? Do we really need to have Destiny 3 made so that we can get some new maps? NAAAAAAA crazy talk. crazy talk.

Cut Off Time

LAST CHANCE BUNGIE REWARDS

As we are taking extended downtime prior to the launch of The Witch Queen, players looking to earn certain Bungie Rewards should complete the associated in-game achievement before 7 PM PST (0300) on February 21.

Very Important, this note is.

Am excite

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 18, 2022, 03:31 (792 days ago) @ CyberKN

When it launched, Gambit was, by far, my favorite activity in all the games I was playing at the time. While Gambit Prime with the armor perks was a fun change of pace, the blocker rebalancing and then the subsequent merging of the two types (plus getting progressively less time to play every day) turned Gambit from "I would literally pay full price just for this" to "ugh, I have to play it how many times to get that ornament?".

This patch notes, though. I can see the massive potential. Am excite.

PS: Bring back the vaulted maps, you cowards! ;p

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread