Should I Give A Listen? (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 16:45 (777 days ago)

So, the Witch Queen is out, and of course the assets to go with it. Word is buzzing (no pun intended) and reviews—for the most part—are stellar. I can’t help but wonder though, should I get the accompanying soundtrack? This will be the first time that I will have purchased a soundtrack for a Bungie game that I don’t plan to get. I’ve never done that before in my life, and I don’t know how to feel about that. Do I get the music, and run the risk of being tempted to drown back into FOMO addiction? Or do I shut myself out entirely, and block everything? I’ve actually been thinking about this for weeks, and surprisingly, I still can’t come to a decision. Any advice?

Should I Give A Listen?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 17:04 (777 days ago) @ Morpheus

So, the Witch Queen is out, and of course the assets to go with it. Word is buzzing (no pun intended) and reviews—for the most part—are stellar. I can’t help but wonder though, should I get the accompanying soundtrack? This will be the first time that I will have purchased a soundtrack for a Bungie game that I don’t plan to get. I’ve never done that before in my life, and I don’t know how to feel about that. Do I get the music, and run the risk of being tempted to drown back into FOMO addiction? Or do I shut myself out entirely, and block everything? I’ve actually been thinking about this for weeks, and surprisingly, I still can’t come to a decision. Any advice?

It's gloomy, like the Dark Below or the Taken King. This isn't my favorite subgenre of Destiny music, so consider that. It does its job, but so far there's nothing that jumps out at me like several tracks in the Beyond expansion. Also consider that I haven't finished the campaign yet.

I think it is the best Destiny campaign ever so over time I expect the soundtrack will evoke good feelings in me, but it might be different without the experience of the playing the campaign.

Just one man's opinion.

Should I Give A Listen?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 04, 2022, 09:44 (776 days ago) @ Morpheus

If it's bad for your health, like really "holy-shit-I-OCD-can't-stop-becuse-X" bad for your health, then here is your external affirmation in the obvious to not jump back in at any level. If you really feel that even listening to the music to the game will make you want to jump back in to a habit that you have difficulty breaking, WHY ARE YOU EVEN ASKING.

NO.

... no.

"Oh just one slight hit" is doom of too many.

(Plus there is only one, maybe two songs that are really of note maybe, otherwise it's all filler and reused affairs.)

lmao, Alright, I Get It I Get It...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, March 05, 2022, 14:49 (775 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It was a stupid question—just didn't know how to process these new feelings. XD

I'll go ahead and get it. Destiny's music has always been badass to me, so I can just suck it up and restrain myself!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread