THEY'RE ADDING VAULT SPACE!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! | TWAB (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 19, 2022, 14:39 (701 days ago)

TWAB - 19th of May, 2022

• Vault Space
    • Vault space has been increased by 100 (was 500, is now 600).
    • While we know this doesn’t enable players to save every single piece of loot in the game, the team was able to pull some strings and get a little more space for your vaults as they continue to investigate future solutions.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! lol. *Cry*. lol.

[image]

I'll summarize the rest later. Eventually. If I can find the rest of my brains from the explosive double take. Oh my heavens... lol.

THEY'RE ADDING VAULT SPACE!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! | TWAB

by squidnh3, Thursday, May 19, 2022, 15:19 (701 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I've already started elaborately planning what will fill up those 100 spots, but now I still need to figure out how to pull the stuff off last season's track (you can only have 10 items at the postmaster to do so). Might be tough.

VAULT SPACE!!!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 20, 2022, 13:50 (700 days ago) @ squidnh3

I've already started elaborately planning what will fill up those 100 spots, but now I still need to figure out how to pull the stuff off last season's track (you can only have 10 items at the postmaster to do so). Might be tough.

I hope this said in jest, as I find this to be a bad call. Keep doing whatever system you have in place to keep as many slots open as possible. We've been deal'n with 500 for over 3 years, and I think it would be best to taste the thrill of "This is awesome enough to keep", and actually being able to keep something. Because I have space.

I have space. I can put that in my Vault. ... Brains are weird. Why does it feel so good to type that?! (Rhetorical!)

For me, I know 50 of those slots are already gone. Not just because I'll finally after 3 years be able to feel the thrill of having nothing in any of my postmasters on ANY character, but because my Titan will finally be able to get some pants. Part of the ways I freed up space at one point was deleting armor from my titan, which is my least used character. But the end result is, I only have two legendary arms and pants (as I recall). Everything else is just exotics, which actually was next on the chopping block, before this announcement. Might be able to make some builds for my Titan now. What a thrill.

I sure hope it doesn't take ANOTHER 3+ years for...

...the team was able to pull some strings and get a little more space for [our] vaults as they continue to investigate future solutions.

TWAB - 19th of May, 2022 | An Event for lack without.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 20, 2022, 13:31 (700 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

TWAB - 19th of May, 2022

• Vault Space
    • Vault space has been increased by 100 (was 500, is now 600).
    • While we know this doesn’t enable players to save every single piece of loot in the game, the team was able to pull some strings and get a little more space for your vaults as they continue to investigate future solutions.

I'll summarize the rest later. Eventually. If I can find the rest of my brains from the explosive double take. Oh my heavens... lol.

Apparently folks were hoping that this TWAB would be the big "Event" of announcing what it to be next season. Yet even after this tweet set here;

Folks are still bummed out. Anyhow, since it still bares repeating, Bungie is keeping their 3.0 Subclass Hotness close to the chest 'till this forthcoming Tuesday, along with the rest of the details that shall suddenly appear to us. BOO! There it is. Total surprise. Or... something like that.

In exchange we get details about how Destiny Events are having their content updated. Solstice of Heroes is now just called... "Solstice"? IDK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe we're no longer heroes? We were the villain the entire time! *Said the shocked masses of undead superthings*

Oh! and this revamp of Destiny Events also includes more ways to plug in some microtransactions. (Young Destiny player me would be Outraged. Veteren Destiny player me will wait 'till it hits live.)

Cozmo23: There will still be event related cosmetics on the Eververse store for both Silver and Bright Dust (such as this year's Solstice universal ornaments). The additional cosmetics on the Event Card will not be available for Bright Dust during the event.

As for everything else...

• 100 extra slots in Vault. (In case you missed it. ;D)
  • Xur hostage situation no longer yields new guns.
  • Fix for Scorn Void crossbows.
  • Brand-new Dungeon on Friday, May 27 at 10 AM Pacific. Master difficulty (when we can) will also drop Artifice Versions of Armor.
  • New Trials armor, ghost, and...

[image]

...Sparrow.

[image]

And that's that!

... though also, apparently, FalloutPlays is giving the 1 min treatment to TWABS now so maybe my days of full blown TWAB summarizing may be over.

They made a literal shotgun ape.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, May 20, 2022, 21:26 (700 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

The pre-game Marie Kondo routine is part of the fun!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 20, 2022, 14:51 (700 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Except it's not.

I know, I know--do it at the end of the night. Can't. Old men need sleep.

For perhaps the first time ever, Datto is right.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 20, 2022, 16:44 (700 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Seriously, clear it out. You don’t need so much shit, I promise.

Datto is right. Right?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 20, 2022, 18:10 (700 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And yet...

Yesterday I needed to make a build. I needed a grenade launcher with blinding, vorpal, and lead from gold. And I had it. I got flawless in Master Vox Obscura yesterday, and it is in part because I had the right tool for the job. As of late I've been working on building up (through tough choices of replacement), weapons with Osmosis, as Element matching is growing in importance. I got a slug shotty with it just the other day. I have no idea If I'll ever use it, but if I do, I'll surly be glad to have it. And so it is. With all 390 of the legendary weapons I have at my disposal. Frames. Perks. Elements. It's all there, ready to be implemented on a whim.

TL;DR - If it's in my vault, there is ultimately a darned good reason for it. Being able to call up a permutation of need is a power in its self, and as a veteran I have things that are impossible to get now.

What you say, what every one who has ever said to this effect, is right. But is also stupid for saying it. It is the "I should buy a boat" of explanations. The "just be happy" to the depressed, necessitating a response of "Thanks I'm cured". I'll stand by what I've said before... you may be the wisest of us all by not giving a fuck about your vault and just enjoying the ride (when Bungo allows). But that shit just ain't my bag.

Part of the fun in this game is the many ways I can change how it plays. I'll be spamming the site with videos soon. If you even dare to watch the sheer number of them I'll be posting here, you'll ultimately see a number of different variations I... just chose to play around with that day. And it's because of what I have to make my play.

Datto is right. Right?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 20, 2022, 18:44 (700 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

And yet...

Yesterday I needed to make a build. I needed a grenade launcher with blinding, vorpal, and lead from gold. And I had it. I got flawless in Master Vox Obscura yesterday, and it is in part because I had the right tool for the job. As of late I've been working on building up (through tough choices of replacement), weapons with Osmosis, as Element matching is growing in importance. I got a slug shotty with it just the other day. I have no idea If I'll ever use it, but if I do, I'll surly be glad to have it. And so it is. With all 390 of the legendary weapons I have at my disposal. Frames. Perks. Elements. It's all there, ready to be implemented on a whim.

TL;DR - If it's in my vault, there is ultimately a darned good reason for it. Being able to call up a permutation of need is a power in its self, and as a veteran I have things that are impossible to get now.

What you say, what every one who has ever said to this effect, is right. But is also stupid for saying it. It is the "I should buy a boat" of explanations. The "just be happy" to the depressed, necessitating a response of "Thanks I'm cured". I'll stand by what I've said before... you may be the wisest of us all by not giving a fuck about your vault and just enjoying the ride (when Bungo allows). But that shit just ain't my bag.

Part of the fun in this game is the many ways I can change how it plays. I'll be spamming the site with videos soon. If you even dare to watch the sheer number of them I'll be posting here, you'll ultimately see a number of different variations I... just chose to play around with that day. And it's because of what I have to make my play.

I daresay that you, more than most, take advantage of the possibilities of this game.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread