Flintlock (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, June 12, 2022, 14:23 (654 days ago)

Three years ago I moved to Wellington to join a relatively new independent studio called A44. Now, the thing we’ve been working on finally has a trailer with actual stuff from the game!

It’s bittersweet; I’m happy to have the fruits of our effort on display, but this is also my last week at the company, so I won’t be around to see it all the way through. The development process has been more taxing than anything I’ve worked on before (for a long list of reasons I won’t get into here), and I needed a fresh start.

Anyway, just wanted to share this with you guys!

Looks pretty cool!

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, June 12, 2022, 17:33 (654 days ago) @ CyberKN

That giant spider, though...

ew.

??

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Sunday, June 12, 2022, 18:07 (654 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Looks great

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 13, 2022, 06:25 (654 days ago) @ CyberKN

Three years ago I moved to Wellington to join a relatively new independent studio called A44. Now, the thing we’ve been working on finally has a trailer with actual stuff from the game!

It’s bittersweet; I’m happy to have the fruits of our effort on display, but this is also my last week at the company, so I won’t be around to see it all the way through. The development process has been more taxing than anything I’ve worked on before (for a long list of reasons I won’t get into here), and I needed a fresh start.

Absolutely loving the bright environments and what appears to be deep combat?

Flintlock

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 13, 2022, 09:12 (654 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm with Claude when ti comes to giant spiders [shudder!].

Otherwise, beautiful design and dynamic gameplay.

Congrats!

Flintlock

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, June 13, 2022, 15:06 (653 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm sorry it's been so tough on you. If it helps at all, I thought Flintlock was one of the coolest-looking trailers in the whole thing. Hope your new gig is less stress though.

Oh, Yeah!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 14:52 (652 days ago) @ CyberKN

This was one of the games revealed at the Bethesda thing—it's cool to hear that you worked on it! The trailer looks really cool—I LOVE games that mesh mobility and combat, making them into a sort of dance where you can flaunt your grace and lethality. Having a companion with you is also a bonus, and the fact that you need them for Rolling Combo-esque moves automatically peaks my interest!

Hopefully there's a playable demo in the future; if not, some more detailed gameplay. But it looks cool, and I'm intrigued!

love the alien kitty

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 06:24 (652 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Flintlock

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 16, 2022, 09:23 (651 days ago) @ CyberKN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXcDvBIwwwg

Congrats for getting your baby out of NDA hell! Quite a looker, my complements to the art and design seen.

Flintlock

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 07:12 (639 days ago) @ CyberKN

I played through most of Ashen and really enjoyed it, this looks to have some similar moves and enemies.

Looks really good, good work, and best of luck to you in your next endeavors!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread