CougRon's brother just messaged me to let me know he passed. (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 05, 2022, 06:38 (623 days ago)

So I don't know how appropriate this post is, but I know that Coug's got plenty of friends here who haven't heard from him in a bit, so I wanted to pass his message along.

His funeral is tomorrow up in Pasco, WA., and here's a link to his tribute page if anyone wishes to leave some love:

Ronald Kinion- April 17, 1974 - July 24, 2022

Godspeed, Coug. We may not have agreed on much politically, but you were a solid dude, and I loved having you around; I'll miss staying awake at even more ridiculous hours than I usually do for a run. We'll tackle that Dungeon in the next one!

*!*...Than it is as I feared. Requiescat in Pace.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 05, 2022, 07:44 (623 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Rest in Peace

by Robot Chickens, Friday, August 05, 2022, 08:58 (623 days ago) @ Korny

I only played with him a handful of times but he was a good guy to play a game with. He has given me the gift of fond and silly memories and for that I’m grateful.

Sad News

by squidnh3, Friday, August 05, 2022, 09:25 (623 days ago) @ Korny

That's unfortunate to hear. I'm glad I had the chance to play with him recently (~2 months ago). We were able to complete a few fun seasonal activities, and then we attempted Master Vox Obscura. We couldn't quite pull it off, but we tried really hard, and that's what counts.

RIP, friend.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, August 05, 2022, 10:13 (623 days ago) @ Korny

Gonna miss you, Coug. I loved your willingness to try anything, regardless of its difficulty.

Thanks for the heads-up, Korny.

That's Just Heartbreaking.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, August 05, 2022, 14:34 (623 days ago) @ Korny

He always had the most hospitable of moods, even when faced with more and more terrible news. Coug absolutely had the perseverance and determination that I wish I did during our recoveries.

We climbed the Mountaintop together in Destiny 1. No one else. Just him and me. It was one of my fondest memories. That, and helping him get Xenophage.

I'm so saddened by this loss, knowing that he was doing his best to beat the hospital and find a place that could take him for therapy.

I used to pounce on him all the time in parties since he always—always—seemed to eat with his mic unmuted, like "Dude! We can hear you!".

Right now I'd give anything to hear that crunching in my ear...

I've got your res, Ron. We've a few more mountains to climb. 😇

Damn

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, August 05, 2022, 15:06 (623 days ago) @ Korny

I don't have anything poetic to say. CougRon was one of the nicest people I met here and that's really saying something. No doubt he'll be missed by many.

RIP, Loved playing with you ❤️

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, August 05, 2022, 17:37 (623 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

:(

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, August 06, 2022, 14:34 (622 days ago) @ Korny

Never did play much with Coug, but I do remember some of his posts here. Hope he rests in peace.

Rest well, sir.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Sunday, August 07, 2022, 07:33 (621 days ago) @ Korny

Didn't know him well, and I regret that. Only played a handful of times, yet he was still eager to help me with the D1 achievements I was going for. Seems I missed out on getting to know one of the good ones.

CougRon's brother just messaged me to let me know he passed.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, August 08, 2022, 10:36 (620 days ago) @ Korny

Wow, so sad to hear. I can still hear his voice in my head so clearly. We had a lot of fun.
Gonna miss you, Coug.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, August 08, 2022, 11:17 (620 days ago) @ Korny

Coug! It's been a while since we played, but I was hopeful you'd be able to join in at some point. I thought I saw you on just a few weeks ago. Hope the Frankl book provided some comfort during your recent tribulations. Sorry we didn't get to talk about it. Always thought at some point we'd overcome the logistics and finally meet up in the great northwest. We will meet someday, and if there's video games there, I'm sure we'll trade some revives. In the meantime, I'll miss your enthusiasm, and your gentle spirit.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 14:56 (612 days ago) @ Korny

Myself (ManKitten), Deadly Bunny, Mecha Tanuki and Cougron randomly joined up one night for some Trials of Osiris. Coug was the only one that had ever played it before, but even then, not much. Based on all of our names, we decided to call ourselves "Team Rabid Pets"

We proceeded to get our asses kicked handily. I think we won one ROUND the entire night. But it didn't matter, we all had a lot of fun. Coug joined Tanuki and I for some Dungeons, and patiently guided us through a few of them.

We only played together a few times, but I always remember them as being fun and relaxed. For what it's worth TRP still exists, and we mandate all members have an animal based name, or at least identify and ridiculous spirit animal.

To a TRP founder!

The Oholiab clan has some fond memories

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 14:21 (605 days ago) @ Korny

He will be missed.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 15:04 (605 days ago) @ Korny

So, I noticed I still had this tab open for the fireteam builder. Made me sad when I saw his comment. Just want to leave the link for posterity.

https://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=fireteambuilder&event=3609

:(

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, August 25, 2022, 13:44 (603 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread