Pinnacle Assistance Requested (Recruitment)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 18, 2022, 17:50 (587 days ago)

Admittedly, I would of liked to have been done with this in the last few weeks, but I just couldn't get it to happen. As things stand, I've had one mission in Destiny; a 1670 Bond. Every bit and bite of a potential pinnacle I've been able/willing to lone-wolf after, I've done. Alas, RNG just won't budge and it's time to call up the cavalry.

I have time to pull of a range of times now, and I need assistance in the hopes that RNG will finally drop for me that blasted 1670 Bond.

As it stands I'm looking for folks who are up for...

• The Duality Dungeon
  • Nightfall: The Ordeal Weekly Score
  • Campaign Pinnacle Challenge

-and or-

• The Shattered Throne Dungeon

[image]

After that, it gets into 6-man territory.

• Dares of Eternity Pinnacle
  • Wellspring Pinnacle
  • Vow of the Disciple Raid
  • Last Wish Raid

[image]

I know that's quite a range of activities which would require more than a little bit of time. I was going to fire team builder this, but seeing the range of options, instead of being the person who's choosing the activity, I've decided to flip the script and see how many of y'all are up for the call.

So then.

[image]

Pinnacle Assistance Requested

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 18, 2022, 21:51 (587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I’ll do either dungeon for sure. We can two man Duality, or Korny will probably help us with the Master version if you want. I’ll also run Nightfalls. I could use a Legend run of Dares if we can get a team together.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 19, 2022, 10:09 (587 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’ll do either dungeon for sure. We can two man Duality, or Korny will probably help us with the Master version if you want.

I was helping someone run Master Duality for the first time yesterday. Being close to 1590 makes the whole thing feel like running on Normal now, so two-manning Master is not really much more difficult than three-manning (we even had a weird bug where dying on the first boss sent my friend back to the absolute beginning of the Dungeon, and he had to go to orbit to make it back to me due to a weirdly-placed return to battlefield), and we still managed to beat the boss on the first try.

I’ll also run Nightfalls. I could use a Legend run of Dares if we can get a team together.

This Grandmaster isn’t too bad, but the weapon sucks (Silicone Neutering) and it’s not a double reward.

As far as Dares go, four-manning Legend is a Triumph to go for, and it’s pretty fun for the whole thing being mindless. Bonus is that we know what the “Random” enemy is every time on Legend, so infinite Heavy is all but guaranteed.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, August 19, 2022, 07:23 (587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I can help on any of the activities. Though I’ve never done a few. I can commit to one evening or day, but I cannot give the whole weekend.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, August 19, 2022, 11:44 (587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I would be up for Duality if you see me online. I havent had a chance to run it due to being busy, and you guys never got on Wednesday.

Pinnacle Assistance Requested - Friday

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 19, 2022, 14:06 (587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Sweet. So that's cheapLEY, Korny, maybe or not Robot Chickens, bluerunner... and who ever else is on at the time. ;D

Seems the big call would be Duality, and I'd love to do the Master variant of it. I'm around 1590 with artifact, and I can see the Blue is around 1575, and of course you two (cheapLEY, Korny) can do this Dungeon with your eyes closed by now... why not? If I get a bond from this, it'll be an artifice bound, Blue gets to play it for the first time... Fun all around.

And with the four of us, maybe the Dares of Eternity Pinnacle? We'll see, play by general ear after the Dungeon.

I'll be on tonight around 2 hours 45 from this posting. Maybe a little more, maybe less, and I know that makes the meet up less solid than would be liked, but... I need a nap dang it. What a week.

Sees ya, when I sees ya! ;D

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 19, 2022, 15:31 (586 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I’ll be around tonight. I’ll be in Assassin’s Creed, but shoot me an invite if you see me and I’ll switch over. I’m playing It Takes Two with Cody tomorrow night, so unless something changes I won’t be able then, but I’ll likely be available Sunday.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:53 (586 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Well,dang. I had a show last night. Might be on later today if anyone is interested.

Pinnacle Assistance Requested - Result

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 21, 2022, 11:35 (585 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Thanks All!

• Was able to complete this on the first Run of the Duality dungeon. Thanks again to cheapLEY and Korny for ... uh, how should I put this... letting me watch y'all beat this dungeon for me. (This was only my second time playing this dungeon, and the first time was me lone wolf... so, things were kind of all over in my comprehension during this run.)

• Thanks also to Robot Chickens for the second-after-I-got-the-bond and stepped away from the group, who offered a run through The Shattered Throne Dungeon. FYI; That Gjallarhorn Catalyst is really easy to boost in Dares of Eternity.

• Hope you got your run through Duality Blue.

And finally, I would like to share with you all one of the grossest stat distributions I have seen, now that Resil. has overtaken Intellect in desirable stats.

[image]

Cheers.

by Robot Chickens, Monday, August 22, 2022, 18:27 (583 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Hope you got your run through Duality Blue.

We got through. It may have been the most epic long-lasting boss fight in the history of destiny, but we got it done. I've only completed it once before, and I was the guide. I had forgotten that, in addition to stunning Caiatl, you get a buff if you're near the bell when you ring it. We never got that buff. We just chipped away at her, staying alive through round after round of punishment. Bladders were tested, but we endured.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 22, 2022, 18:51 (583 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

lol, oh my god. How many rounds did it take?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, August 22, 2022, 21:08 (583 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Wait, there's a buff???

We also found many ways to screw up runs. Shooting the chains amd bells before we were ready, dying at the worst times, dying randomly on teleports, and running out of ammo. But we kept from wiping somehow. I want to say we had somewhere in the upper 20's of phases. I remember Robot had over 1,600 kills and I had around 1,200 on the end screen.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 22, 2022, 21:16 (583 days ago) @ bluerunner

Lol, that’s legitimately fantastic. I’m serious. As silly as it seems, sometimes those experiences in Destiny are truly something special.

With the buff from the bell she’s totally able to be killed in a single round.

Well, dang.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 01:31 (583 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That probably could've saved a few hours of my life. Glad to hang with Robot and Blue, though, who were patient and kind.

by squidnh3, Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 07:16 (583 days ago) @ bluerunner

We also found many ways to screw up runs. Shooting the chains amd bells before we were ready, dying at the worst times, dying randomly on teleports, and running out of ammo. But we kept from wiping somehow. I want to say we had somewhere in the upper 20's of phases. I remember Robot had over 1,600 kills and I had around 1,200 on the end screen.

Darn, sounds like a good time.

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:45 (583 days ago) @ bluerunner

Wait, there's a buff???

Yeah, I read about it right after we signed off. I thought about never mentioning it and hoping you never came across that info...

Regardless, I had a ton of fun.

Drools in Hunter language

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, August 22, 2022, 19:11 (583 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread