So are we going to kill Oryx this weekend or what? (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 25, 2022, 14:25 (602 days ago)

[image]

Haven't seen any chatter about this, and I'm curious to see what changes Bungie did/didn't make for this classic activity.

My availability is anytime on Saturday ET/PT.

I expect the cool kids already got a group, but I'm game.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 25, 2022, 14:47 (602 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

So are we going to kill Oryx this weekend or what?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 25, 2022, 17:36 (602 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

I remember this.

So are we going to kill Oryx this weekend or what?

by squidnh3, Thursday, August 25, 2022, 20:04 (601 days ago) @ CyberKN

As far as I know, there are no DBO groups assembled.

I unfortunately can't commit to any serious attempts, summer weekends are at a premium these days. If you see me on and need a sub for an hour I could probably help though.

I'm interested, but...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 25, 2022, 20:57 (601 days ago) @ CyberKN

I doubt I'll be leveled appropriately. Wouldn't mind dabbling, though. Put me in squid's camp.

I'm interested, but...

by squidnh3, Friday, August 26, 2022, 06:01 (601 days ago) @ Kermit

I doubt I'll be leveled appropriately.

Pretty sure you're close to 1570, the cap for contest mode today is 1560, and the season cap is 1580, so it's highly unlikely you are underleveled.

Of course, what weaponry you have access to is always a question.

I’m interested. Need to check schedule

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, August 25, 2022, 22:13 (601 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

I'm game

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, August 26, 2022, 06:12 (601 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Haven't seen any chatter about this, and I'm curious to see what changes Bungie did/didn't make for this classic activity.

My availability is anytime on Saturday ET/PT.

My availability is

• today (Friday) 2-5pm EST
  • Saturday 8pm-12pm EST
  • Sunday 8pm-12pm EST

This obviously may change if I get pulled into some other group.

Why do all the streams…

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, August 26, 2022, 14:13 (601 days ago) @ CyberKN

… have a big box blocking the left side of the screen?

Why do all the streams…

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, August 26, 2022, 14:16 (601 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's an extension. You can turn it off:

[image]

Why do all the streams…

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, August 26, 2022, 14:20 (601 days ago) @ CyberKN

It's an extension. You can turn it off:

[image]

Ahaha I'm dumb

Why do all the streams…

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, August 27, 2022, 10:33 (600 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You can also just click on the tab, and it'll slide closed; it lets you see stuff like the loadout of the player. It's useful, just not all the time.

Welp.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, August 28, 2022, 14:19 (599 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Welp.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, August 28, 2022, 14:53 (599 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Yeh. Internet says that all swords (Lament, ideally) and three Well of Radiance Locks are the smoothest no-frills way to beat him.

Second smoothest is Izanagi + Auto-Loading Hotheads (Adept) with a Gjally.

And third is Linears + Divinity.

Or you could just cheat.

Welp.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, August 28, 2022, 16:20 (599 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Yeh. Internet says that all swords (Lament, ideally) and three Well of Radiance Locks are the smoothest no-frills way to beat him.

Or you could just cheat.

We tried linears/rockets at first, but we were only able to get through around a quarter of his health (at most) before running out of ammo. We tried switching to stacking Outbreak, which solved the ammo problem, but it didn't have quite enough firepower to get where we needed each damage phase. The lowest we were able to get his health after four DPS phases was 15-20%.

Welp.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 28, 2022, 19:44 (598 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Or you could just cheat.

We tried linears/rockets at first, but we were only able to get through around a quarter of his health (at most) before running out of ammo. We tried switching to stacking Outbreak, which solved the ammo problem, but it didn't have quite enough firepower to get where we needed each damage phase. The lowest we were able to get his health after four DPS phases was 15-20%.

With Retrospect, if it wasn't for the Arc "0 Res" Glitch for Titans & Warlocks, I think we could have pulled off that last run. With 2 Arc Titans rolling Cuirass of the Falling Star, plus having our Hunter get off Gathering Storm and Switch to Void Bow or Solar Celestial Nighthawk, we might have been able to pull it off.

Welp.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, August 28, 2022, 17:25 (599 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Or you could just cheat.

That's dumb (the cheating). We did it with Linears/Div because it's the most straightforward. (We didn't try rockets because of ammo.) Hypnotic WANTED to do swords, but the rest of us weren't that interested.

Welp.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 28, 2022, 17:15 (599 days ago) @ CyberKN

When is Gologorth's Gaze gonna blind you? Come on Bungie, this fight is just dying for that mechanic.

Calm down, Satan

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, August 28, 2022, 19:03 (598 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Any more attempts before reset?

by squidnh3, Monday, August 29, 2022, 05:35 (598 days ago) @ CyberKN

I do have some time tonight.

Maybe?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, August 29, 2022, 06:52 (598 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

I'd be up for it, but I expect we'd be down by at least two.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, August 29, 2022, 10:15 (598 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

I could dedicate a few hours.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, August 29, 2022, 10:20 (598 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

I may be able to lend a hand

by Robot Chickens, Monday, August 29, 2022, 11:11 (598 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

I'm out tonight

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, August 29, 2022, 11:22 (598 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

I should be around if you need a sub.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 29, 2022, 12:37 (598 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Well look at that. I have checkpoint, and we need one more.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, August 29, 2022, 12:44 (598 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

K, just cruised through it.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, August 29, 2022, 18:50 (597 days ago) @ squidnh3

Have whoever is plate be responsible for their Brand knight, damage is always done from center. Always wait till last second to switch brand.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 09:19 (597 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Have whoever is plate be responsible for their Brand knight, damage is always done from center. Always wait till last second to switch brand.

Same. Not quite center, though - a little to the right (so there's nothing in front of you, far more chance you'll be able to shoot him). You can easily get to both Right and Center totems from this spot (at the end of the damage phase), and because it's streamlined, you can relatively easily 3-phase him, meaning you won't need the third totem.

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 01, 2022, 10:54 (595 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Not sure it was a cruise, but we got through it last night. Almost all of the changes are fun and good. I will miss the challenge of making it all the way around the jumping circuit on Daughters/Oryx though.

I was lucky enough to get Touch of Malice to drop, my first 1st completion exotic drop ever in Destiny!

❤️

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, September 01, 2022, 11:47 (595 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Those are the memories you keep! Very cool.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 02, 2022, 14:17 (594 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread