Crucible thoughts? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 01, 2022, 15:53 (573 days ago)

Anyone tried Crucible with SBMM turned on? How has it been?

I've played around 25 matches this season. I can't honestly say I've noticed a massive difference. I haven't seen any blowouts with the except of one game where my team go mercied very quickly. It does seem like there's less of a spread in terms of score between the best and worst player on my team, but I can't say I've been tracking it or anything.

Queue times and connection quality seem the same to me, but I'm probably a pretty middle of the curve player, so that makes sense.

The only real issue for me is a massive uptick in quitters. It happens nearly every match now.

Crucible thoughts?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 02, 2022, 14:15 (572 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Anyone tried Crucible with SBMM turned on? How has it been?

I've played around 25 matches this season. I can't honestly say I've noticed a massive difference. I haven't seen any blowouts with the except of one game where my team go mercied very quickly. It does seem like there's less of a spread in terms of score between the best and worst player on my team, but I can't say I've been tracking it or anything.

Queue times and connection quality seem the same to me, but I'm probably a pretty middle of the curve player, so that makes sense.

The only real issue for me is a massive uptick in quitters. It happens nearly every match now.

So, I've been playing more Crucible as of late, since I've not really been feeling up to playing this seasons content yet. Not sure why. As a result though, I think I can give some input on this, even though traditionally I'm not much for Crucible. (Despite the numerous clips I create and even share here.)

I have noticed a difference. The players I've matched with so far seem... smarter? Maybe? It's not in every game (goodness no), but at the very least I've found a little more folks seem to be actually playing the objective in my game - Wild! Playing the objective of the game-type, what a treat.

In many a past game with no SBMM, what I'd see is basically lone wolves under the same banner. Everyone is doing their thing, whatever that may be. And while that is still there, it seems in these games I've had in the last two weeks, there has been more impromptu team work antics. Nothing from chat, just purely from basic cues, and it's been cool. I've found my games to be, win or lose, a little more fun than I'm used to Crucible being.

No idea how long it'll last, or if these experience I found were just a fluke, but... there you have it, limited sample size and all.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread