Bungie, please don't nerf HOIL. (Destiny)

by Anna Komnene, Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 13:35 (590 days ago)

That is all.

You should read this.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 15:40 (589 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/xcqwtr/arc_titans_never_die_again_using_this_one_simple/

I played around a little bit with this yesterday... and I gotta say, he's not wrong. You don't need HOIL... because this build is actually pretty amazing.

You should read this.

by Anna Komnene, Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 16:14 (589 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I saw that! And tried it out. Can definitely see the benefits, but I ended up liking my own arc build that's based around the pulse grenade much more.

You should read this.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 18:42 (589 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

I wanted to like Arc Titan so much, but I can’t get away from Solar. There are just so many fun Solar Titan builds. Ashen Wake, Synthoceps, Path of Burning Steps, even Phoenix Protocol has been fun. And they all make you effectively invincible with sunspots, and that’s before even getting to Loreley (which isn’t actually that fun, just easy). It’s tough to follow that up.

You should read this.

by Anna Komnene, Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 19:14 (589 days ago) @ cheapLEY

My two favorite subclasses on Titan are Solar and Void. Though, switching from Void to Solar can be kinda difficult for me, because putting up a barricade with Solar feels so underwhelming. I kinda wish all the subclasses had something else happen when you put up a barricade like Void does.

Arc and Stasis Titan... I want to like them. I do. I think I like Arc more than Stasis, but I feel like they both need a little more oomph compared to Void and Solar.

Bungie, please don't nerf HOIL.

by squidnh3, Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 07:39 (589 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

I was trying to find a good PvP build for Arc Titan on Monday night while playing Iron Banner. Tried Dunemarchers - not very useful. Switched to HOIL - with the new thruster ability Titans have, I was using that to power up my Lightning grenades (plus jolting grenades and the aspect that makes them last longer) and was getting quite a few kills. So it's not just good for PvE!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread