Favorite piece of Destiny music? (Destiny)

by Anna Komnene, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 10:22 (567 days ago)

Been listening to Deep Stone Lullaby (haven't done DSC yet) today.

Favorite piece of Destiny music?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 10:31 (567 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

I'm about to give you a whole lot of blanks to fill.

I don't remember if it was from D1 or D2, but it took place during a strike on the Moon. It was basically a metal song that had been Destinyfied.

Best guesses

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 14:54 (566 days ago) @ ManKitten

Best guesses

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 08:01 (566 days ago) @ CyberKN

I don't think it was any of them. My memory is hearing some guitar riffs that melt off faces.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 11:13 (566 days ago) @ Anna Komnene
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 11:19

If I had to go with what brings me back, what instantly summons feelings, it would be the section of The Ruin that plays in the tower. Hearing but a few notes I'm instantly transported back to when the game and the world was magic - when it was new and boundless, and when there were mysteries and your imagination ran wild wondering what was out there while you gazed at the traveler hanging over the city in the sunset.

by squidnh3, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 12:07 (566 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

Original (now nostalgic) relaxing tracks:
"Tranquility"
"Deconstruction"

I always loved the music cue that plays when you pick up the sword in the Crota fight (can be found as part of the track "Soul of Crota".

"Watchtower" and "Shell of What Was" are my favorites on the Forsaken soundtrack. I really like their usage in their respective encounters of the "Last Wish" raid.

And then lately I've really been digging "Questioning the Light" on the Witch Queen soundtrack.

There are so many others, but those just pop into my head.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 14:50 (566 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

Oof. That's hard.

...Which is a good thing!

Top 3:

I love all of RoI's OST, but this track is a standout.

Last Array was the first "Oh! Oh, this is good Marty music" moment of the game for me.

Best Raid Boss music of all time. Imposing, without being so overpowering that I have to mute it to keep focus.

Honourable mention to all the ambient stuff that plays in social spaces.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 15:11 (566 days ago) @ CyberKN

Solid choices all around but this gave me pause:

so overpowering that I have to mute it to keep focus.

[image]

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 15:21 (566 days ago) @ ZackDark

Solid choices all around but this gave me pause:

so overpowering that I have to mute it to keep focus.

[image]

To be fair, the only one I've actually had to do that for is Aksis. It starts to feel distracting after 15+ wipes.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 03, 2022, 11:12 (560 days ago) @ CyberKN

To be fair, the only one I've actually had to do that for is Aksis. It starts to feel distracting after 15+ wipes.

I was there, I bet. Took a while for me to get the hang of that encounter.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, October 03, 2022, 18:39 (560 days ago) @ Kermit

I was there, I bet. Took a while for me to get the hang of that encounter.

I mean, that's likely only because I pretty much never had a smooth run of that encounter with ANY raid group (and I did it a lot with non-DBO people when grinding for the Weldfire shader). The timing for the right people being in the right positions to stun Aksis was super tight, people would get killed by the captains, etc... That encounter probably took an hour+ every run.

Your comment comes across like you're beating yourself up; stop it, you're an above-average raider at worst.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 04, 2022, 19:56 (559 days ago) @ CyberKN

Your comment comes across like you're beating yourself up; stop it, you're an above-average raider at worst.

Yeah, being a deeply flawed raider is my thing, but thank you. I'm probably better than I used to be actually, but I still have bad nights.

Deep Stone Lullaby is the GOAT

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 07:21 (566 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

- No text -

So Many.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 11:16 (565 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

Honestly, we'd be here all day. lol

But honestly, I love a good 80% of them.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 16:07 (565 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

What's this? A Thread on MUSIC?!

*Cracks Knuckles*

Well OK.

You asked for it.

No back-ees

|||DESTINY 1|||

(I know there is more, but can't find 'em. Oh well.)

|||DESTINY 2|||

This song happens during the very intro of the Red War. You can see what that looked like, music and all, here, the catch being that this player is playing after the fact and so is rolling with exotics (one of my favorites, in fact) instead of the most basic of weapons. Regardless, the best part of this music and everything else is at 29:29 in Twilight Gap. That Skybox & the Music? All of it is just *chef kiss*.

The clip just doesn't do it justice. Somber as it all is meant to be, I enjoyed the stir. The hope mixed in the despair.

(A.K.A Travelers Dream)

(Looked like this.)

And then...

𝒴𝒪𝒰, 𝒮𝐻𝒜𝐿𝐿 𝒟𝑅𝐼𝐹𝒯
YOU, SHALL DRIFT.

𝒯𝐻𝐸𝑅𝐸 𝐼𝒮 𝒩𝒪, 𝐿𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯, 𝐻𝐸𝑅𝐸.
THERE IS NO, LIGHT, HERE.

OMG, I STILL GET CHILLS!

And then we have this next one, which is fortunate I enjoy as much as I do,
as I've been able to hear it many times. ಠ‿ಠ

(And soon you will too.)

...Deep Stone of course...and the most recent one would be...

BONUS:

by Anna Komnene, Thursday, September 29, 2022, 14:07 (564 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Listened to the farm several times!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 03, 2022, 10:43 (561 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Kermit, Monday, October 03, 2022, 11:06

I'm in complete agreement with INSANE and his choices here. A special mention for Last Array, which is so epic it competes with the best from Halo's soundtracks. kidtsunami is right--Deep Stone Lullaby probably is the GOAT, but I do have special fondness for Journey. That mournful piece helped me get over my fear that Destiny's music would go down the tubes without Marty. One thing about all three--my experience of them is inseparable from my experience of them within the game, where they were used PERFECTLY.

Music of the Spheres taken as a whole is amazing. One piece that I don't think anyone mentioned is Eighth, the first piece of Destiny Music released and inexplicably missing from the soundtrack. Absolutely lovely. It evoked all my hopes for the game before it was released. It became my wake-up alarm until the day that Marty got fired. Had to stop listening to it for a while after that. It no longer put me in a good state of mind to start the day.

I think you hit on something

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, October 03, 2022, 11:01 (560 days ago) @ Kermit

One thing about all three--my experience of them is inseparable from my experience of them within the game, where they were used PERFECTLY.

These pieces and their gameplay moments were so perfectly orchestrated. It's where game music truly shines... in game. Thanks for sharing mate.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread