"Let me" shoot you in the face. (For Science!) (Recruitment)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 28, 2022, 14:20 (538 days ago)

For... honestly it has to be a few months by now, I've been going though the extensive catalog of weaponry I have access to in my vault, working about what gets kept or sharded. And of those calculations, each time I've said... I need to do something about my sniper collection. Reason being, of all the weapons in Destiny, I'm pretty sure snipers are my least used. Snipers, depite the blatant power and usefulness they bring, seem to just not jive often enough with my style of play. I'm all about that bow action.

(One of these days Bungie is going to make a green brick Bow, and I'll be one shottin' makein' picks in PvP for days.)

So why am I posting here? Well, one adage about Snipers is all about how they feel to use for the player. The scope, the sights, the "stickiness" of the reticle... all the jazz. Problem is, I can never really GET a feel (so that I can improve my use of the sniper in D2) because of the got' darned teenagers and their mountain dew sweats. *yells at cloud*

SO! What I would like to do is go into a custom PVP lobby and shoot y'all in the face! (For Science.)

[image]
[image]
The Snipers.

So then. With that thrilling salesman pitch, any takers?! I can't say how long this would take, but I imagine it would be at least an hour. I'm going to be taking a bunch of notes and such, as, while I have quite a number of really fair rolls, I just can't keep them all. Not anymore, anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(If only we had... say... a room, of sorts, or some sort of place to extensively test BOTH PvP as well as PvE, as then I wouldn't need to ask but... OH WELL! No the thing on Mars does not count. Not even close.)

"Let me" shoot you in the face. (For Science!)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, October 28, 2022, 16:10 (538 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

As long as I don’t have to genuinely fight back, or do any grinding for certain gear(seriously, it’s been almost 9 months), I’ll be happy to jump in, and customize my stats to your research if I can.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 28, 2022, 17:42 (538 days ago) @ Morpheus

As long as I don’t have to genuinely fight back, or do any grinding for certain gear(seriously, it’s been almost 9 months), I’ll be happy to jump in, and customize my stats to your research if I can.

Basically. Run around like a headless chicken and occasionally body me with any weapon with High-Cal Rounds. If you're up for it I'll send you a message on live.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, October 29, 2022, 09:22 (537 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Okay. I downloaded D2 last night, and I'll go through any cutscenes(ah, good times) and required stuff I need to in order to be "battle ready". I think you're on my friends list, so message me whenever you feel up to it, and if I'm awake(and home), I'll hop on.

Finished

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, October 30, 2022, 18:34 (536 days ago) @ Morpheus

EEEEE, Spider's okay!!

You guys already know how I feel about him, so I was grinning ear to ear the whole way through. Wanted to jump up and give the big guy a hug. Every class has been 3.0'ed and nothing is the same anymore...every time I fire a gun I get a message about something leveling up and upgrades and conversions and stuff that has me shaking my already aching head. My Warlock has a Thanos snap now, which I can't help but smirk at every time I light up a few Dregs. ngl, I heavily missed DIM moving everything in less than 18 months. God, that plus Spider's return is tempting me pretty bad... ^.^

But Insane, if you're getting this, I shouldn't have any more cutscenes or splash screens to skip, and barring any grinding, I should be able to change subclasses at will. Message me whenever you're ready and if I'm awake(or home), and I'm not busy with something, I'll get on. Thumbs up!

What have I done.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, October 30, 2022, 20:01 (535 days ago) @ Morpheus

Okay. I downloaded D2 last night, and I'll go through any cutscenes(ah, good times) and required stuff I need to in order to be "battle ready". I think you're on my friends list, so message me whenever you feel up to it, and if I'm awake(and home), I'll hop on.

EEEEE, Spider's okay!!

You guys already know how I feel about him, so I was grinning ear to ear the whole way through. Wanted to jump up and give the big guy a hug. Every class has been 3.0'ed and nothing is the same anymore...every time I fire a gun I get a message about something leveling up and upgrades and conversions and stuff that has me shaking my already aching head. My Warlock has a Thanos snap now, which I can't help but smirk at every time I light up a few Dregs. ngl, I heavily missed DIM moving everything in less than 18 months. God, that plus Spider's return is tempting me pretty bad... ^.^

But Insane, if you're getting this, I shouldn't have any more cutscenes or splash screens to skip, and barring any grinding, I should be able to change subclasses at will. Message me whenever you're ready and if I'm awake(or home), and I'm not busy with something, I'll get on. Thumbs up!

OH RIGHT. You jumped off of Destiny due to... what was it... you were getting obsessed or something right? Oh shoot. Well. Hmmm. Well... thanks! I mean, for going into all this effort just so I can shoot you in the head & test my kit.

Not sure how I feel about all this now, but wha-evs, we're here. Sees you when I sees you.

What have I done.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, November 01, 2022, 10:17 (534 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

OH RIGHT. You jumped off of Destiny due to... what was it... you were getting obsessed or something right?

Pretty much, yeah.

Well... thanks! I mean, for going into all this effort just so I can shoot you in the head & test my kit.

Not sure how I feel about all this now, but wha-evs, we're here. Sees you when I sees you.

Oh, it's no effort at all! If you wanted me to do a Nightfall or a raid or some other FTB thing, I wouldn't have posted.

From what you've said, I'm literally just standing still or running up to you, and occasionally shooting back. So yeah, that's one of two reasons I said yes. The other is the Tribute Hall. It was the shooting gallery/firing range that millions of Destiny players(myself among them) had been asking for for years, and was taken away. Unfortunately I can't help with the PvE side, but at least we have Private Crucible for where it counts.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, October 28, 2022, 18:08 (538 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 28, 2022, 19:25 (537 days ago) @ stabbim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVpg0vws10Y

Man. I know it's a bunch of work, making sure to not ruin the pipes and all, but I would be remiss not to say that voice actors just seem to have the most fun of any profession sometimes.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, October 28, 2022, 18:11 (538 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Lol. I created a dummy account on Playstation so I could then also get on my Xbox and do Crucible testing

I wouldn’t recommend. It takes like two fucking hours to do the New Light quest far enough to even be able to join a friend in private matches.

Curious about a thing here

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, October 28, 2022, 22:04 (537 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Is it possible to access the same cross-save account on two separate consoles as long as you are on a different character?

Curious about a thing here

by EffortlessFury @, Saturday, October 29, 2022, 06:21 (537 days ago) @ ZackDark

Is it possible to access the same cross-save account on two separate consoles as long as you are on a different character?

I'm pretty sure no. Destiny has an error code for attempting to login at the splash screen if your account is logged in and in use on another device.

Cool, thanks :)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, October 29, 2022, 07:14 (537 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread