IP Crossovers (Destiny/Assassin's Creed) (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, December 01, 2022, 10:21 (511 days ago)

So, @DestinyTheGame tweeted this today:

What do you think about these Intellectual Propery crossovers?

For me, I'm a little wary about them… The Destiny universe is strong on its own and I worry about diluting the franchise by incorporating other IPs into Destiny's universe.

IP Crossovers (Destiny/Assassin's Creed)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 01, 2022, 10:25 (511 days ago) @ Beorn

So, @DestinyTheGame tweeted this today:

For me, I'm a little wary about them… The Destiny universe is strong on its own and I worry about diluting the franchise by incorporating other IPs into Destiny's universe.

I’m totally down with them. Destiny is already goofy as all hell, and as long as they’re just fun armor pieces (or nods like the Battle Bus), I don’t see it actually causing any harm. It doesn’t hurt that the Fortnite armors are some of the best looking sets we’ve seen in quite a while.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 01, 2022, 10:33 (511 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

The holograms were great too

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, December 01, 2022, 17:34 (511 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, December 01, 2022, 16:58 (511 days ago) @ Beorn

At this point I don't think it makes much difference. There are already weird things like broomstick sparrows. Not sure any of this would be more out of place.

I Mean...They Already Did Their Older Games...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, December 02, 2022, 10:10 (510 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Bungie's older games

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, December 03, 2022, 13:01 (509 days ago) @ Morpheus

I feel like Bungie celebrating a 30th anniversary by incorporating some of the IPs that they created is a different animal than making a marketing deal to pull in other companies' IPs.

That said, I think that thus far, Bungie has been handling the crossovers tastefully and they've taken pains to make sure that everything fits in the Destiny universe. If I hadn't seen the reference to Fortnite in the Eververse store, I would have no idea that those skins came from that game (I'm really only barely familiar with Fortnite, so I wouldn't have gotten the references).

Bungie's older games

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, December 03, 2022, 15:14 (509 days ago) @ Beorn

I feel like Bungie celebrating a 30th anniversary by incorporating some of the IPs that they created is a different animal than making a marketing deal to pull in other companies' IPs.

That said, I think that thus far, Bungie has been handling the crossovers tastefully and they've taken pains to make sure that everything fits in the Destiny universe. If I hadn't seen the reference to Fortnite in the Eververse store, I would have no idea that those skins came from that game (I'm really only barely familiar with Fortnite, so I wouldn't have gotten the references).

Let's get some guns:

Mercury Bow LFR
MA-75 LMG that can shoot grenades using secondary ammo
Flaming Arrow Bow

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread