Crucible and Competitive Division (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 11, 2022, 17:29 (492 days ago)

I've played quite a bit of Crucible already this season. I'm not sure what it is, but it's a ton of fun. It's still broken as all hell, maybe more than it's ever been (seriously, what happened to that renewed focus on gunplay? lol). I don't think OG Stasis was filled with this much bullshit ability spam. Still, if you learn to embrace the chaos, it's really fun.

I now agree with the pushback on merging Clash and Control. Clash straight up fucking sucks. I've yet to have a Clash match go to score. Without zones forcing movement, everyone seems content to sit in the back with Scouts or Pulses or Snipers. One match on Disjunction ended with both teams under 60 points. Clash needs to go.

That said, I've been using the new Veist Rapid Fire Stasis Scout and it rules.

I did my Placement matches in Competitive Divison (ended up at Silver 1), mostly just to get a Rose. It was more fun than I expected. The game really shines in 3v3, I think. There's not as much chaos, ability spam is toned down a bit. I actually like all the modes. There is lots of complaining about Rift being there, but I think it's actually really fun. Having a bad team means you're in for a bad time, but that's true in any other mode as well. Showdown might secretly be the best game mode, though. I'll be playing more of this for sure (mostly for more Rose rolls), but I'm not sure I'll be in it for the climb.

I can't wait to see what the new Iron Banner mode is.

Crucible and Competitive Division

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, December 12, 2022, 06:15 (491 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Because of that quest my son and I played some competitive last night and it was actually fun. Before we started I commented how unenjoyable crucible is for me. But the 3v3 Revive your teammates was fun.

Crucible and Competitive Division

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 12, 2022, 10:08 (491 days ago) @ ManKitten

But the 3v3 Revive your teammates was fun.

If I could just get my teammates to realize reviving is something they can do in Showdown . . .

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread