Streaming my Dead Space Remake Impossible Run. (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, February 16, 2023, 08:50 (406 days ago)

The original Dead Space is one of the few "perfect" games that I played. Everything it set out to do, it accomplished in spades, and while I could go on for hours about what made it great, others have done a fantastic job explaining why it was a true lightning-in-a-bottle experience, which ain't bad for a game that started out as a shameless Resident Evil 4 knockoff. This video is a fantastic watch on why the original has stood the test of time:

With that in mind, the recently-released remake is a miraculous example of people successfully fixing something that ain't broke. EA Motive took the classic game, and not only gave it a modern graphical facelift, but buffed out the rough edges, enhanced the story, and took what came after (Extraction, Dead Space 2 and 3, and the multimedia) to enrich the lore and characters, and it is fantastic. They also introduced a "Director", which ramps up the pain with more enemies if the game thinks the player is doing just a little too well.

So feel free to join me as I play through the game on its "Impossible" difficulty, where a single death means that I have to start completely over from the beginning, and enemies are relentless. If I'm successful on my first try, the run should take me around seven hours to complete. Either way, wish me luck!

Twitch Link

Welp...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, February 16, 2023, 15:05 (406 days ago) @ Korny

It was a great, smooth run!
Until it wasn't.

I ran into a bug where the game decided that I was ripped apart by an invisible force after completing an objective. Ah well. I'll get it next time.

Bad Place For A Bug!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, February 16, 2023, 15:08 (406 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread